Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Greatest RPG series of all time

2»

Comments

• BulletToothBulletTooth Member UncommonPosts: 30

In no particular order:

• Witcher
    • Mass Effect
    • Suikoden
    • Kotor
    • Breath of Fire (Even Dragon Quarter)
    • Mana Series
    • Wild Arms
    • Dragon Quest
    • Xenosaga
    • Fallout
    • Ogre Battle/Tactics Ogre
    • Tales Series (Phantasia, Symphonia,Vesperia, ect.)

I could make the list easily 50 games long but I will end here. 

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Rpg,s began in the 70s so if it's all time then the games should have a big impact within the context of the last 50 years.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504

Final Fantasy would've been my choice for a long time, but haven't really been too into them since 12.  I think this was mostly just that I started demanding a higher caliber of believability and that FF was putting an awful lot of effort towards creativity, to the point where their monster designs extended well beyond ridiculousness.

Mass Effect gets my current vote.  Great combat, great storylines, well-conceived universe.

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

i still concider the ADnD games series to be among the best RPGs ever (champions of krynn and following).

anyway, going abit more modern, morrowind, baldur's gate and dragon age origins are among the best imo.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"