Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will you play on a blue server?

Comments

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

No intention to ever play another PvP focused game ever again but if I was it definitely would be on such a server as this.  So it is nice to see them offer something other then hardcore PvP for the 95% of MMO players not interested in full loot hardcore action. 

I wish you all fans the best but I am waiting (albeit impatiently) for a PvE (non group centric) meaningful and deep character progression MMO in the mode of Asheron's Call.  Till then ESO will have to suffice.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

Any game that dont have risk vs reward (That includes PvE aswell as PvP ofcourse) i cant play, i just find them so boring. There no thrill nothing unpredicable happening and u can basicly tell whats gonna happen before that even happens which is just plain dull Especialy when there no risk when failing PvE encounters.

When it comes to PvP i tend to advoid games that have mindless PvP ganking and so on i need some form of meaningful pvp like city seiges and defending guild terriroties and taking enemy guild areas and so on. So ill probaly be more in the GvG area than the Dreg's

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Abuz0r
    Gaming is about having a fun time and working toward something, there's no reason to purposefully subject yourself to frustration and aggravation while doing a leisure activity.   The blue servers will end up being the main servers, with the full loot servers being for hardcore gamers who like that niche, and good for them.

^Pretty much.

Of course half of those "hardcore" will whine endlessly about the existence of "blue servers" because it's no fun ganking those who are looking for a good fight.

Looks like the blue servers are winning the poll so far. (Among those who'll play at least.)

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286

I'll be playing mostly on the RvR servers. Mostly because I like my pvp to have some meaning behind it, other than just for the sake of killing. Same reason why I prefer capture the flag or domination vs team deathmatch, simply because there's no point in TDM other than just killing.

Factional pvp, to me, seems to be more fun than just open world kill anyone.

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610

I'll be "hiding" on the blue servers also if I decide to buy. I don't have a problem with full loot game mechanics, I'd be more than happy for full loot to be implemented in instanced PvP (1v1, 2v2, 4v4 etc), or even PvE.

The only way I'll play an open world PvP full loot game is if the AI is smart enough to judge whether I had a chance to win. If I did then yeah, they can loot me. If I had no chance then they can't loot me.

In games and sports I like things to be fair.

• collektcollekt Member UncommonPosts: 328
    Originally posted by Demogorgon

We'll agree to disagree.

Very few people in these kinda of games don't have underlaying issues that need resolving imo. Thats why I avoid that shit at all cost. These games are toxic...

Lets take the FPS crowd for exemple. Most people play these game in a way that they don't ear all the asshat & don't engage verbally. The ones that do, with all the "your mom" joke & all that trash talk are probably the same people who enjoy this kinda risk/reward crap. ( What risk lol, they always all end up in the same camp driving everyone else from the game. Good job! & on to the next game... Clowns.)

I'm telling you, maybe you don't have issues, but most have. 

Someone enjoys a different style of gaming than me? One that provides extra thrill via risk/reward? Clearly they must have underlying psychological issues. You are ridiculous for coming to that conclusion. If anyone has underlying issues, it's you for assuming something is wrong with people who like a different style of gaming than you.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by collekt

We'll agree to disagree.

Very few people in these kinda of games don't have underlaying issues that need resolving imo. Thats why I avoid that shit at all cost. These games are toxic...

Lets take the FPS crowd for exemple. Most people play these game in a way that they don't ear all the asshat & don't engage verbally. The ones that do, with all the "your mom" joke & all that trash talk are probably the same people who enjoy this kinda risk/reward crap. ( What risk lol, they always all end up in the same camp driving everyone else from the game. Good job! & on to the next game... Clowns.)

Someone enjoys a different style of gaming than me? One that provides extra thrill via risk/reward? Clearly they must have underlying psychological issues. You are ridiculous for coming to that conclusion. If anyone has underlying issues, it's you for assuming something is wrong with people who like a different style of gaming than you.

If we really wanna get down to it, plenty of studies have been done on "trolling/griefing" behavior, and many of those studies have concluded that there are some underlying emotional issues that drive that urge. Just sayin...

Point is it might not apply to you, but there is a good chance it applies to many. WHich when you think about it it makes sense, what better way to practice such urges than behind a veil of a PC in your own home...

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    If I play Crowfall, it'll be on a blue server for sure. Full loot is the worst. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Joined - July 2004

• turinmacleodturinmacleod Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 166

The game intends to have several servers with different rulesets, and I will probably dabble in all of them, putting together lists of rulesets I like (and thus will play more often) and those I dislike (and therefore will play in less).

I certainly don't intend to "hide" anywhere, as I find hiding from games I am playing to be boring and unrewarding.

Does the OP have any more condescending and asinine questions, or are we done here?

T

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350
    Gaming is about having a fun time and working toward something, there's no reason to purposefully subject yourself to frustration and aggravation while doing a leisure activity.   The blue servers will end up being the main servers, with the full loot servers being for hardcore gamers who like that niche, and good for them.

Do you not understand that it is your duty to serve yourself up as entertainment to sociopathic basement dwellers? Why are you not being a teamplayer?!?

All die, so die well.

• kenpokillerkenpokiller Member UncommonPosts: 321

I'll pk people

loot them

log out

laugh hysterically

Sway all day, butterfly flaps all the way!

• LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    Originally posted by Holophonist
    Originally posted by Mavolence
    Originally posted by demadil

[mod edit]

Well this is just silly and ignorant. The vast majority of people who play full loot games do so because of the thrill. We like risk and reward. I want to ganked as much as I want to gank. After playing games with full loot and some form of ow pvp, I can't go back to games without these features because they're simply boring in comparison. It has nothing to do with any kind of psychological condition.

We'll agree to disagree.

Well, thats a disgusting generalization.  As an mmorpg player who enjoys full loot and open world pvp I always actually was pretty shocked at behavior in themepark games and found those players to be just as if not more toxic than players in the games i normally play also. The only difference is that in those themepark games i can't stop my own faction from harassing me like I can with open world pvp. I found that invisible safety net and anonymity makes the themepark players even more toxic. I remember one of my first experiences where I found this out was people following me purposefully kill stealing my kills so i couldn't complete quests on purpose. I ignored them so the verbal abuse stopped but i couldn't complete my quests at all. Was a real bummer. But of cousre im a psychopathic asshole with issues right?

I totally agree! I remember playing TERA when it came out and there were constantly higher level players hanging out in low level zones just waiting for people to leave the safe zone so they could kill them. In a full loot game, they would have to risk their own gear in order to do that. You could get your guild to come kill the guy who was doing that. If anything, full loot communities seem to be more mature than your typical themepark community.

These types of comebacks always get a giggle out of me.  The point attempts to argue that a PvE focused game can be just as toxic as a PvP focused game without taking into consideration that it is not the game but the mentality of those playing the game that makes the game's player base toxic.  In other words, yes you will find toxic PvP type mentality in PvE games because ... wait for it ... there are PvP players with this toxic PvP type mentality that, from time to time, play PvE games too.  PvP griefer type players don't just play PvP games, you will also find them playing PvE games.  Especially soon after being released, and especially in games that also feature some type of PvP, like most of the MMORPGs do today.  Just because its a PvE game doesn't mean you won't find that toxic PvP player mentality in that PvE game.  Again, it's the mentality, not the game.  And that PvP griefer sociopathic player  isn't limited to PvP games, they do wander and migrate into other game genres. 

You can argue till you face turns blue, but there have been studies done regarding this anti-social sociopathic behavior in online games.  You can sink your head in the ground all you want and believe it does not apply to you if it makes you feel better, but arguing that you can not get a thrill out of a game unless you are degrading, humiliating, demeaning, frustrating, or otherwise making another player's life miserable while playing a game pretty much speaks for itself.  And for some of you just beating the player isn't good enough.  You have to not only beat the player, you must also take everything they own, and in extreme cases kill them off the game for good.  That's just beautiful.  Just the type of person I want in my community.

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

[mod edit]

Well this is just silly and ignorant. The vast majority of people who play full loot games do so because of the thrill. We like risk and reward. I want to ganked as much as I want to gank. After playing games with full loot and some form of ow pvp, I can't go back to games without these features because they're simply boring in comparison. It has nothing to do with any kind of psychological condition.

We'll agree to disagree.

Show me a human being that doesn't have some "underlying issues". I mean really lol

I used to be all about PvP in my younger years. Shadowbane, which was pretty brutal was my favorite mmo/game in general. Now that I'm a bit older and my life has changed, so has my play style. I tend to stick to the PVE and leave PvP to those who enjoy it. I would never sit here and say that all people that like these kinds of games have "underlying issues".. Back in the day, I lived these games, and had no major psychological issues to my knowledge. I'm actually a pretty well balanced human being, wife, child, career, home, etc. 

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Any info someone can link on Blue Servers, this may have me wanting to look more into this game if this is real.
    Originally posted by Oziius

[mod edit]

We'll agree to disagree.

Show me a human being that doesn't have some "underlying issues". I mean really lol

I used to be all about PvP in my younger years. Shadowbane, which was pretty brutal was my favorite mmo/game in general. Now that I'm a bit older and my life has changed, so has my play style. I tend to stick to the PVE and leave PvP to those who enjoy it. I would never sit here and say that all people that like these kinds of games have "underlying issues".. Back in the day, I lived these games, and had no major psychological issues to my knowledge. I'm actually a pretty well balanced human being, wife, child, career, home, etc. 

Your post doesn't negate the prior post.  What you did was grow up, become a responsible adult, and learn to be considerate and respectful of others.  The majority of us go through it.  You were a child and you grew up.  There is a difference between what you describe and others who never grow out of the cycle.  I will refrain from providing the particulars because my intent is not to offend, but read between lines and you will get the gists of my meaning.

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Crazy people do not know they are crazy. If they did they would not truely be crazy.
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Originally posted by 5ubzer0
    If you pvp at all, you should know that 95% of the playerbase will not play on a full loot server. People take their gear way too seriously these days.

I'm actually surprised so many Crowfall players are picking the blue servers.  I figured the people that don't like extreme risk vs reward games wouldn't even touch Crowfall.

This all depends on how they develop the game.  If you are killed the second you wander outside city walls I imagine people will eventually all go to the blue servers.  I expect these "areas" will be large enough that constantly being blindsided will not be likely.

• General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    Any info someone can link on Blue Servers, this may have me wanting to look more into this game if this is real.

I couldn't find anything Nanfoodle.

This whole thread is full of laughs and it's probably because of the way the title is worded. The way "narcissist" and "sociopath" is thrown around you would think they would of outlawed this type of entertainment. I mean, are we still talking about video games? You have a couple posters that don't know the difference between "ganks" and "griefing". Then you have another poster claiming it's those "evil pvpers" greifing in all games, even the pve mmo's lmao.

Let me try one... "It's those crafty pve'ers in our PvP games greifing new players because they aren't able to kill anyone else. They don't care about the community because they don't like PvP games anyway so they just grief, grief, grief our community away."

I need to see the "research" that claims pvp = mental problems.

Originally posted by General-Zod

This whole thread is full of laughs and it's probably because of the way the title is worded. The way "narcissist" and "sociopath" is thrown around you would think they would of outlawed this type of entertainment. I mean, are we still talking about video games? You have a couple posters that don't know the difference between "ganks" and "griefing". Then you have another poster claiming it's those "evil pvpers" greifing in all games, even the pve mmo's lmao.

Let me try one... "It's those crafty pve'ers in our PvP games greifing new players because they aren't able to kill anyone else. They don't care about the community because they don't like PvP games anyway so they just grief, grief, grief our community away."

Don't think for a second they haven't tried, and are no doubt still trying this very minute.  But the above excuses are well known, and indeed, expected.  The worst of the type are those that demand forced "non-consensual" OWPVP.  For these it is not enough for those who are willing, to have to be subjected to this type of PvP game play.  They must to also force those that do not want to engage, so that they can have a healthy pool of sheep to "force feed" of off.  oh, the thrill indeed.  I can go on and on providing examples but we've all heard the excuses.  No doubt they will be streaming in response to this post as well, but there is really no need because they are all already well documented.   Alas, we have heard them all before.

• General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Originally posted by LacedOpium

Don't think for a second they haven't tried, and are no doubt still trying this very minute.  But the above excuses are well known, and indeed, expected.  The worst of the type are those that demand forced "non-consensual" OWPVP.  For these it is not enough for those who are willing to have to be engaged in PvP.  They want to also force those that do not to engage, so that they can have a healthy pool of sheep to feed of off.  I can go on and on providing examples but we've all heard the excuses.  No doubt they will be streaming in response to this post as well, but they are all already well documented.  There is really no need.  Alas, we have heard them all before.

Demand and forced?

I thought if a video game had features you didn't like you would just play one that did. I didn't know you were being forced... did you call the police? I'm sure there are laws against that... image

Don't think for a second they haven't tried, and are no doubt still trying this very minute.  But the above excuses are well known, and indeed, expected.  The worst of the type are those that demand forced "non-consensual" OWPVP.  For these it is not enough for those who are willing to have to be engaged in PvP.  They want to also force those that do not to engage, so that they can have a healthy pool of sheep to feed of off.  I can go on and on providing examples but we've all heard the excuses.  No doubt they will be streaming in response to this post as well, but they are all already well documented.  There is really no need.  Alas, we have heard them all before.

Demand and forced?

I thought if a video game had features you didn't like you would just play one that did. I didn't know you were being forced... did you call the police? I'm sure there are laws against that... image

lol, to true. You dont like a game for its features, dont play it. Thats why I have passed on Crowfall. Love PvP in all it does but I am not a fan of full loot. I love ganking, as IMO ambush tactics is fair game in PvP. I dont agree with greefing or killing people who cant defend themselves. Like killing someone grey con (many many levels below you) Hope Crowfall does well but this thread is useless and not even based on fact. IT SHOULD BE LOCKED!!!! I cant find any info on Blue Servers. 

Demand and forced?

And such is, indeed, the case, which explains why there are very few "non-consensual" PvP games around, and a never ending supply of dying or already dead PvP focused games left to play at all. I have said it before, and i will say it again.  The only reason these games exist at all is because there are an equal number of developers having this same preferred game style preference.  Against all documented evidence, they still truly believe this is a viable business model.  That and the fact, of course, that these games are the cheapest to design, develop and release because the players themselves are the content. 

The history of these types of games is predictable and well documented.  They begin with a relatively healthy player base as far as PvP game standards are concerned.  They then eventually drive away all the sheep leaving all the supposed "hardcore" PvPers that only thrived because they were feeding off the sheep.  A percentage of those then become the sheep and are soon driven away leaving the next level sheep. And its a down hill spiral from then on that eventually results in a deserted game that eventually shuts down.  Rinse and repeat and the beat goes on.  It will never cease because it is not a game style driven so much by preference as it is by a mental predisposition.  The "thrill."  ... and I dare not ponder what it is that they "thrill" to do.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    If you pvp at all, you should know that 95% of the playerbase will not play on a full loot server. People take their gear way too seriously these days.

EVE Online is full loot and thriving.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

Originally posted by Muke

EVE Online is full loot and thriving.

Exceptions are not the rule =-) We will see if Corwfall falls under the norm of hardcore pure PvP game that falls on its face or something like EVE thats stands the test of time. IMO Crowfall is taking a risky road. Anyone who does not think so, does not know MMOs. They think they have a niche to fill. I hope they find it =)

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680

Yup this is true with every mmo that offers choice. PVP server are always empty.