Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Rumor: Heart of Thorns Preorders Coming June 30th?

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

It appears that Amazon.de has leaked the preorder date and price for the upcoming Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns expansion. According to the image provided, HoT will release on June 30th for €44.99.

Source: MMOGames.com

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515
    That's just a pre-order date! Riight? I mean based on what they've shown us and the rebuilding of LA, it couldn't possibly be coming that early... right?... RIGHT?????

This is not a game.

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Yeah my guess is that it would be the pre-sale date, not launch. That seems far more likely.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Maybe I'm cheap, but $50 bucks for an expansion seems kind of steep.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• x3cutoRx3cutoR Member UncommonPosts: 37
    45 euros. Damn, too much for me :/

Quote from Anet:

Please keep in mind that WE haven’t announced a release date, so any dates you see listed by retailers are just their placeholders, guesses on their part.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/hot/June-30th-preorder/first#post5081350

This is not a game.

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114
    Fake

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by x3cutoR

Not for me, I need that expansion...

• MorlewenMorlewen Member UncommonPosts: 45

Could be the start of the pre-purchase with access to beta weekends. Three to four months later HoT will be officially released.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/hot/June-30th-preorder/first#post5081350

"Please keep in mind that WE haven’t announced a release date, so any dates you see listed by retailers are just their placeholders, guesses on their part." Regina Buenaobra

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Loke666

Ya, $50 for more content is nothing compared to other forms of entertainment. That's dinner and a movie for me. I will eat Raman.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Originally posted by Zeroxin

Quote from Anet:

Please keep in mind that WE haven’t announced a release date, so any dates you see listed by retailers are just their placeholders, guesses on their part.

That's why we listed it as a rumor. :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Amjoco

Ya, $50 for more content is nothing compared to other forms of entertainment. That's dinner and a movie for me. I will eat Raman.

Yes, yet 50 bucks will also buy you a brand new full fledged game, not just an expansion to one.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Originally posted by Distopia

Yes, yet 50 bucks will also buy you a brand new full fledged game, not just an expansion to one.

Ya, I just bought the Witcher 3 and keep thinking about playing GW2. I'm paying for entertainment, not comparing it to what I could have had.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• LudwikLudwik Member UncommonPosts: 407
    If only it would come out sooner.
  • uller30uller30 Member UncommonPosts: 125

For $50 its pretty cheap since the cost of most games are like 60-70 almost is crazy an expansion of 50 is decent

also you havebeen getting some nice updates or mini expansions for free for the last 3 years.  What other games gives good updates and content for little to nothing

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

I wonder how many P2P supporters will claim it's too expensive...

I wonder how many played-for-the-first-month people will pipe in about how it's not worth it, and the game is doomed because it's a ghost town.

I wonder when the next beta/stress test is because I am THERE!

I can hardly wait for the expansion, getting more excited each day.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

Originally posted by SBFord
    Originally posted by Zeroxin

Quote from Anet:

That's why we listed it as a rumor. :)

Yea, noticed that after the fact.

This is not a game.

• ButeoRegalisButeoRegalis Member UncommonPosts: 594
    I didn't buy them at release, but didn't the GW1 expansion also run at near full-game price at first?

Can I join? I'm hungry.

Can I join? I'm hungry.

I have chicken flavor or chicken flavor. Bring your own beverage! :)

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015

not sure exactly what's in the expansion.. have not paid much attention to it other than the elite specs. and am still a new gw2 player.. but i'll still buy it just so i can play Reaper xD

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Originally posted by Distopia
    Maybe I'm cheap, but $50 bucks for an expansion seems kind of steep.

Im in no rush, I will wait for a sale =-) I am sure it will end up being $19.99 somewhere on the internet within a couple months.

Can I join? I'm hungry.

I have chicken flavor or chicken flavor. Bring your own beverage! :)

I'm on my way xd

• meonthissitemeonthissite Member UncommonPosts: 917

They'll have to do three things to get me back. 

A: Do something mighty fantastic with explosive engineers to fix them (and yes they are broken in PVE)

B: Remove DR now that they are finally using the industry standard for thwarting gold sellers (restricting the mailing of gold and tracking it should have been their first move)

C: Completely repair the rewards system that's been non-existent in this game since Nov 2012.

If none of these things happen I won't be spending a dime on the expansion doesn't matter when it releases.

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779

Don't do it!

Ramen Noodle digestion

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!