Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

wtf is going on with mmorpg gamers...

crimzonxskyzcrimzonxskyz Member Posts: 28

Wildstar with all of its little flaws is such a great game.. and the only potential it is lacking is the support of a fan base that would throttle this game into some really great online experiences for people...

I see a quality game thats way ahead of its time as far as progression mmorpg experiences go... this game has so much potential and the only thing holding it back is a loyal fan base of players...

People are so easily deterred by the negative opinions of others they often miss out on great opportunities that are right in their face.

This game blows WoWs D$%# out of the %@^!ing Water people... wtf is WRONG WITH YOU GOSH ( Face palm ) lol .. Ive played wow since vanilla and I just cant understand how people are still sold on that mindless grind for expired glory... - meaning everytime you think you've attained something or achieved something great something even GREATER comes out and yet again you are left doing the SAME repetitive bee worker job.

Rant over

PS - NCSOFT : Dont give up on this game yet...

Comments

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    It does blow wow out of the water, but wow players have no interest in a replacement wow.

Issues with the game :amd performance is shocking, the puerile humour puts some off, the staring at patterns on the floor puts some people off, the end game race for gear or be underpowered v other puts people off.

Personally if they sorted the performance and changed end game so it wasn't a case of gear up or get out then I would give it a go. Like many I have up in the level 30's when eso came along.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• carotidcarotid Member UncommonPosts: 425
    Because Wildstar  +  WoW = Same  s h i t  different day.
  • GdekkGdekk Member Posts: 17
    Originally posted by carotid

This, people don't want more WoW no matter how good it is. People are bored of that shit.

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,360
    It's a wonderful mixture of Jaded + Bitterness + Time on same Treadmill, and a hint of lime.
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Originally posted by Bladestrom
    It does blow wow out of the water, but wow players have no interest in a replacement wow.

Issues with the game :amd performance is shocking, the puerile humour puts some off, the staring at patterns on the floor puts some people off, the end game race for gear or be underpowered v other puts people off.

Personally if they sorted the performance and changed end game so it wasn't a case of gear up or get out then I would give it a go. Like many I have up in the level 30's when eso came along.

For me that's the exact opposite.

If they get rid of the tedious ultracasual leveling, I would give it a go.

I just could not get myself to get through that boring leveling, so didn't even get to play the end game (which is what I actually want to play)

But that's the problem with Wildstar, it tries to please both the casual and the hardcore crowd at the same time, in fact it alienates both.

In my opinion Wildstar is the worst designed MMO ever, yes technically is flawless, but the gamedesign is a total mess.

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    the game runs like crap on many rigs, the combat is not what many would consider to be fun & they set out to attract a very small playerbase(hardcore) so you'll never see a large playerbase in there. it's as simple as that. and then there's tons of other stuff that could be mentioned but that would be overkill.

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• NoxiousBassNoxiousBass Member UncommonPosts: 257

This was certainly my most hyped mmo of 2014. I kept on watching those amusing videos and obtaining as much info I could get until release. But, as it was mentioned many times, performance issues really hurt the game since beta, and I just couldn´t sell WildStar to my friends, so I just played the 1st month and left feeling very dissapointed.

I do intend to go for another spin, I do hear that WildStar is doing much better performance wise.

• KaladinKaladin Member Posts: 468

In what way is Wilstar like WoW?

I will give you my complete list to get you started:

1. Cartoonish Art Style
    2. MMORPG

I can fly higher than an aeroplane.
    And I have the voice of a thousand hurricanes.
    Hurt - Wars

• RzepRzep Member UncommonPosts: 767
    It is not gamers fault. Wildstar was advertised as something that it was not. The comedic trailers, the press releases did not present what the game was. The marketing department basically killed their own game. 
  • PhertiasPhertias Member UncommonPosts: 51

Wildstar is the best MMORPG out there by far

But people dont want the "EQ-Type" (Not WoW-Clone, WoW is a clone and you all know it) 

People want something new and they have gotten it. Its called MOBA´s. Deal with it

Originally posted by hallucigenocide
    the game runs like crap on many rigs, the combat is not what many would consider to be fun & they set out to attract a very small playerbase(hardcore) so you'll never see a large playerbase in there. it's as simple as that. and then there's tons of other stuff that could be mentioned but that would be overkill.

The AMD problem is still a thing, IF the steps to fix it are not taken.  In every case, the %AppData% folder needs to be cleared.  After that, it is smooth sailing.  Yes, it is silly to HAVE to do that, but it isn't hard, and if the game is fun for you otherwise, you would take the 2 minutes to do this.

It's true, Action Combat is decidedly NOT what mmorpg fans want in massive numbers.  But there is a large enough niche that it is worthwhile for people who like to have that little bit of extra skill to their combat.

They did set out to attract the hardcore playerbase with their Raidz Dev Speak video, in all other areas, the game is not hardcore.  That is just what the mmorpg community picked up on and ran with as the rest of the game also being for the hardcore.  I'm not sure how many more times people with actual experience with the game need to say this.

Hurt - Wars

• TyggsTyggs Member UncommonPosts: 456
    Tried Wildstar. Made it to level 5 and quit. Not once while I was getting to level 5 did I have fun. I play games to have fun. If I am not having fun at login, I am wasting time. If a developer can't find a way to make their game fun at login, they have failed in my eyes. I can't play a game hoping it gets better later on.

SWTOR Referral Link

Free Goodies for new or returning players.

See what it gets you Here

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Originally posted by Kaladin

1. Cartoonish Art Style
    2. MMORPG

3 - Quest hub grindfest

4- Hardcore Raids (Vanilla WoW)

6- Tokens grind

7- Extremely linear progression

8- Cute/funny quests

9- Gear centric (see number 4)

10 - Same skill system

11 - Same point and click combat (learn your rotation and you are good to go)

It's a long time since I played it, so I don't remember everything, but I am sure that if I login for few hours I can add few more points to the list.

This game is as close as Vanilla WoW as it possibly gets...............still I prefer WoW any day.

• vandal5627vandal5627 Member UncommonPosts: 788
    I don't know, maybe they all have different taste in games?
  • hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015

The AMD problem is still a thing, IF the steps to fix it are not taken.  In every case, the %AppData% folder needs to be cleared.  After that, it is smooth sailing.  Yes, it is silly to HAVE to do that, but it isn't hard, and if the game is fun for you otherwise, you would take the 2 minutes to do this.

It's true, Action Combat is decidedly NOT what mmorpg fans want in massive numbers.  But there is a large enough niche that it is worthwhile for people who like to have that little bit of extra skill to their combat.

They did set out to attract the hardcore playerbase with their Raidz Dev Speak video, in all other areas, the game is not hardcore.  That is just what the mmorpg community picked up on and ran with as the rest of the game also being for the hardcore.  I'm not sure how many more times people with actual experience with the game need to say this.

doesn't really matter though first impressions tend to stick.. maybe people will give it another shot if it goes f2p as rumored.. i however will not. it's got an awesome setting but the combat ruins it for me.

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by Tyggs
    Tried Wildstar. Made it to level 5 and quit. Not once while I was getting to level 5 did I have fun. I play games to have fun. If I am not having fun at login, I am wasting time. If a developer can't find a way to make their game fun at login, they have failed in my eyes. I can't play a game hoping it gets better later on.

This is my opinion too. Plus an end-game gear grind is not what I'm looking for anymore.

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    Originally posted by SomeOldBloke
    Originally posted by Tyggs

This is my opinion too. Plus an end-game gear grind is not what I'm looking for anymore.

Yep I third that!

I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

Originally posted by ste2000

1. Cartoonish Art Style
    2. MMORPG

3 - Quest hub grindfest

4- Hardcore Raids (Vanilla WoW)

6- Tokens grind

7- Extremely linear progression

8- Cute/funny quests

9- Gear centric (see number 4)

10 - Same skill system

11 - Same point and click combat (learn your rotation and you are good to go)

It's a long time since I played it, so I don't remember everything, but I am sure that if I login for few hours I can add few more points to the list.

This game is as close as Vanilla WoW as it possibly gets...............still I prefer WoW any day.

3. Feature of almost every MMORPG

4. Difficult raiding is a WoW concept?

5. (what happened there?)

6. Tokens are to reduce the RNG on gear drops.  Sure it's a borrowed feature from WoW.

7. Feature of almost every MMORPG

8. I don't remember comedy in WoW

9. Feature of almost every MMORPG

10. WoW has a limited action set that you swap abilities in and out depending upon the encounter?

11. I'm not sure how Wildstar's combat could be much more different from WoW and still be in the same genre.

Hurt - Wars

• LegacyGameLegacyGame Member UncommonPosts: 132

If it wasn't the overbloated generic questing, or the diluted choice in overworld game play variety (scientist/explorer/soldier), then it was monster autoattacks completely undermining the point of free form combat. I don't care how hard the dungeons are, the combat is not engaging trading out animated telegraphs for floor patterns, the game just isn't that fun on the whole. 

Although the artwork is absolutely fantastic I found the theme overbearing at times, the ham fisted jokes eventually become annoying, it's okay to sprinkle them but they're not a main course. There was a lot of love poured into the game, but dun dun duh, shitty game design decisions for important systems like combat pretty much sank the game for me, they should have gone with Tera or Dark Souls combat systems; I have yet to see a western studio pull off that game design execution though and I'm not even interested with Fromsoftware on their hot streak. 

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    You seem to forget that a huge number of gamers tried this game and left.  It had little or nothing to do with word of mouth.  Once bitten, twice shy.  People value their money and time and like any product on the market, if it fails initially, it's a herculean effort to recover, if at all.

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749

Are you forgetting all of the obnoxious comments from the developers pre-release that this was not a game for casuals?  They were derisive about it and paid the price.  Months after release they scrambled to offer more casual content, but the damage was done.

• Elevenb4Elevenb4 Member UncommonPosts: 362
    I found the animations, art work and humor to just not fit with the lore they created. I thought the gameplay was fun, I liked the classes, but I absolutely hated the things I mentioned. Questing sucked too, but that is not what pushed me away. This could've been such a fun game too. 

-Unconstitutional laws aren't laws.-

Originally posted by LegacyGame

If it wasn't the overbloated generic questing, or the diluted choice in overworld game play variety (scientist/explorer/soldier), then it was monster autoattacks completely undermining the point of free form combat. I don't care how hard the dungeons are, the combat is not engaging trading out animated telegraphs for floor patterns, the game just isn't that fun on the whole. 

Although the artwork is absolutely fantastic I found the theme overbearing at times, the ham fisted jokes eventually become annoying, it's okay to sprinkle them but they're not a main course. There was a lot of love poured into the game, but dun dun duh, shitty game design decisions for important systems like combat pretty much sank the game for me, they should have gone with Tera or Dark Souls combat systems; I have yet to see a western studio pull off that game design execution though and I'm not even interested with Fromsoftware on their hot streak. 

If it had Tera combat, I would be set for decades.

Hurt - Wars

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Wildstar I personally do enjoy and I feel its a good game, but they really goofed up. Their desire to make it all about 'hardcore' focusing far too much on tedium really hurt the game. Most old school raiders don't care for the tedium, it isn't the part that made games hard back then.

That said... the issue comes down to the lack of a difficulty curve. Wildstar starts on full blast and only grows harder. There isn't much for easing players into it. This means that playing anything BUT hardcore will result in you getting no progress made at all. It is important for a game to 'teach' players and Wildstar fails to do so. Mechanics in the game are brutal with gear not being able to curve that difficulty much at all. A player jumping into a dungeon while leveling will expect to find failure. This is made worst by the fact that those who are trying to do good will find the 'timed' mechanics for running a dungeon to make it feel far to rushed for those who might not be as 'hardcore' to actually accomplish anything in a timely manor. Many players don't like having such a strict emphasis on time.

Wow has been blown away so to speak by many games, but people have that connection to wow. The biggest issue (over the tedium and out of wack difficulty) I find is just the over abundance of choices. Wildstars issues bog the game down and people would rather move onto one of the dozens of other choices out there, or go back to old nostalgic trips like WoW. WoW has been outclassed for some time now by many games, its the nostaligia and the feeling of investment that keeps people there. Its the reason why games like Lineage 1 are such massive earners despite being being so old. So much investment in old games with an overblown market makes retention rates harder to keep. 

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

It is still linear gaming with Cartoony type Wow graphics.Yes it offers housing but ugly housing,not interested.I am also not interested in red carpet combat,i did not like it ion FFXIV either.Red carpet,markers over npc heads is hand holding,i hate hand holding in my games.

I want to play a rpg when and where i want,i do NOT want to follow the same path as every other player,i want choice.

I also couldn't care less about end game,if end game is all people talk about,the game is not for me and a shallow game.

I want longevity,i want depth not a race to end game.

Maybe another 10 years and devs will quit copying WOW,it does NOT work,Wow did not become popular because of the game it became popular because Blizzard has a rabid following,they make millions on all of their games good or bad.

it like going WAY back.everyone wore LEE jeans,then it was Levis then it became designer,Everyone wore Nike hightops,then Air Jordans,thenTiger Woods apparel became popular,heck Golf became popular,it is all about popularity contest.A developer is foolish to compete in a popularity contest,instead make a game for an audience that is not already eaten up.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.