Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question, bought the game

VexiusxVexiusx Member UncommonPosts: 212

Heya,

In 2008 when the game was all hyped up me and some friend bought it and played it for a while even with sub i believe.

Now in 2015 i want to try it again seeing how i hear everyone talk about the awesome improvements (in 2008 there were to many bugs and lag/bad code) But i bought the game in 2008 for quite some money is there any benefit added to my account cause i bought the game? Or did they just say sorry we are F2P now and that you bought it before is your waste.

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • VexiusxVexiusx Member UncommonPosts: 212
    Originally posted by Dren_Utogi
    Login to your account and find out..pretty will answer your question :)

Yeah it's still downloading.

Being impatient:)

• zytinzytin Member UncommonPosts: 202
    I really enjoyed the game, I stopped playing when I got to a point where I couldn't find a group to run a dungeon needed to continue the game.  That was a couple years ago.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by Mewpewpew

But i bought the game in 2008 for quite some money is there any benefit added to my account cause i bought the game? Or did they just say sorry we are F2P now and that you bought it before is your waste.

Well, not saying that because that'd be rude, but pretty much that's the case :)

The game is f2p since years now, so currently the only "boon" you'll get from bought the game at launch, is that you can play with your old characters. Plus, if you had any extra items like a nice mammoth for example (from preorder, giveaway, etc.), you still have those.

Beyond that, you'll have the same gameplay as anyone signing up today. In AoC's model there's no "ex-player" or "ex-subscriber" bracket like other f2p games have, there's a free package for anyone, and there are the subscriber "boons".

• Destiny2010Destiny2010 Member UncommonPosts: 327

Lets see...

Since you bought it way back, and was a subscriber once, you should as a F2P player have access to the following right now:

- 4 char. slots

- Global chat access (Not just "New player help" channel)

- All classes up to lvl 80.

- All instances up to lvl 80, and most of the classic instances on lvl 80.

- Two raid instances

- Pvp experience as much as you like.

- Inventory is a little limited, and a gold limit on 10 gold (Tip: use alt chars, and make your own one man guild, as you can store as much gold as you like in your own guild bank, but you can only access 10 of them at a time.)

- What is limited as F2P? Khitai area, Turan Zone, Daggerspine Zone, and Alternative Advancement. Higher tier raids T2-T5.

Also, enjoy the game!

Sincerely a player for the last few years and a guildleader on Fury server.

EDIT:

Also check out newest dev letter on www.ageofconan.com for fresh content coming this month and a subscriber offer (rarer now then before) coming later this month.

• JonBonJawaJonBonJawa Member UncommonPosts: 489

I think it came with some in game items if I remember corrrectly, and 30 days sub/game time

Last year I grabbed a box of the Godslayer expansion and that came with lots of ingame goodies, but yeah to be premium you need to sub for a month at least. But honestly I think it is one of the least intrusive F2P models, you can basically play everything and get everything until end game, even then you have some limited content, but for everything you need a sub of course, or buy some content passes from the ingame store.

Awesome game loving it on current hardware. It was way to graphically intensive back in the day but today it is smooth as butter on current hardware, today I play on Ultra + Sweet FX, in 2560x1600 resolution

nice screenshot from HenryX

https://henryxconan.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/4k2.jpg