Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some quick questions about the new server.

ab29xab29x Member Posts: 364

I tried p99 and the client just wont jive graphically with my laptop.

So I'm thinking about trying out this new progression server.

My questions about this version:

1) Are druids and wizards still used for teleporting or did they easy mode that?

2) Is rolling a druid/necro as a first character to make money still a thing? Or can every class now solo well?  Also, do druids and necros get groups?

3) Are there mercs in this version before the correct expansion comes out?

4) Is SOW still a thing or a good reason to roll druid/shaman?  Or can you sneeze and get an item that grants it? (I know about journeymen boots but I don't remember what % they were).

5) In this version will people progress kinda like in classic and camp stuff along the way like the GBS or is it just grind with whatcha got till 50?

Thanks!

Comments

• KamofilaKamofila Member UncommonPosts: 116

Im not 100% sure how they are doing this new progression server but if its anything like the previous one, druids and wizards will be highly sought after for their ports until Plane of Knowledge comes out, which was not until the 3rd or 4th expansion.

hope that helps

Do you like lollipops? Suck it. Don't bite you greedy twit.

• sbfbeefsbfbeef Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 58
    Originally posted by ab29x

1) Are druids and wizards still used for teleporting or did they easy mode that?

2) Is rolling a druid/necro as a first character to make money still a thing? Or can every class now solo well?  Also, do druids and necros get groups?

4) Is SOW still a thing or a good reason to roll druid/shaman?  Or can you sneeze and get an item that grants it? (I know about journeymen boots but I don't remember what % they were).

5) In this version will people progress kinda like in classic and camp stuff along the way like the GBS or is it just grind with whatcha got till 50?

Thanks!

1.  Yes, you need druids and wizards to port you places if you want to get there quickly. there are no PoK stones.

2.  Every class can solo, but the classes that solo well like your Necro/Druid will still  be great.  Mage pets are extremely good, as so are any pet class.  All classes will be able to get groups with the amount of people there will be. I wouldnt worry about that.

3.  There are no Mercs, Not till the GoD xpac i think? or somewhere far far down the road.

4.  Yes, Druids and Shamans will be handing out SoWs like no bodys business.  Im sure those classes will make some cash from tips as well.

5.  This is a progression server, not a classic server.   By that i mean its not like Project 99 at all.  Project 99 is pretty much what Everquest was back in 1999!  Corpse runs, EXP penalties, Hell levels, etc.  The Ragefire server has none of what i just mentioned.  Classes get spells every level vs 4-5 levels. Monks are better, all classes are better.   Exp is much faster then P99.   I see people grinding to 50 with very little gear.  Especially classes that dont need much of it.

Hope that helped.  If you have any other questions you should head over to the EQ Forums

• kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759
    Originally posted by ab29x

See also http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/431788/Everquest-Progression-Server-Ragefire-Launch-May-20th-2015.html

1. Yes, there are no fast transportation. Boats however will probably be disabled and replaced talking to a npc for a port instead.. I don't remember if they ever fixed that getting killed/kicked on boat problem on last progression.

2. The money making is likely done by mages, camping rathe hill giants (it is the revamped Rathe with rich rich hill giants).. it will be overcrowded 24/7 with drama, KS and professional plat farmers. Other way is rush into the tradeskilling business and make jewellery, banded armor and spell crafting (crafted mage and necro pets will be in high demand), and potions.. crafting business will fade out.

3. nop not till .. uhm far into the future, expansion 7-8?

4. No sow sneezing items, except for classes who already has sow. JBoots are a requirement for any decent raiding guild, but is not as hard to get as on p99.. I don't remember the exact numbers but you can look it up, but sow is a significant increase but for non travel, clicking jboots is just so easy and instacast is a lifesaver when you suddenly run out of sow mid pull. Selling sow is probably not a thing on progression, so that would not be a reason to roll druid/shammy.

5. There will be camping and gear will matter, and you can expect the top spots to be perma camped by farmers and much drama and KS'ing and training will happen.

If Daybreak does not take a swift stand and ban MQ'ers there will be the bad cheats such as bots, warping, spawn notification, and the lesser ones for multiboxing autofollow, autoattack, autohealing, autobuffing. Some are bothered with this, some will not care.. it will be interesting to see which of these Daybreak choose to be.