Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Severs down. More exploits

ShortyBibleShortyBible Member UncommonPosts: 409

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?191350-Regarding-the-Honor-XP-Exploit

http://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/367q2u/game_breaking_xp_glitch/

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?191103-Banana-and-Returd-Mafia-Gearing-Up-for-Siege

Archeage is sort of a fun game. The lack of support, live GM, bots, and their horrible marketplace really ruins this game.

Unfortunately these publishers/developers place these game on auto and collect cash.

They tend to be reactive instead of proactive. These are exploits that players were aware of in Korea years ago.

Comments

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Originally posted by donger56

they don't have a single game that is making a profit though they will never admit it since they are privately owned they don't have to release any financials. 

Then how do you know?

• MightykingMightyking Member UncommonPosts: 235

This is the best example ever of a good game that was completely ruined by absolute incompetent and dishonest management. It was a total cash grab from the very beginning when they charged people 150.00 just to play a fake alpha that was all about marketing and nothing about testing.  Trion is a sinking ship with a string of failures that it won't recover from. I would never spend a dime on any game they manage after the shameful way they managed archeage. I don't expect Trion to survive much longer, they don't have a single game that is making a profit though they will never admit it since they are privately owned they don't have to release any financials. 

I agree with you that Archeage was poorly handled, and there were quite a few questionable mistakes surrounding the launch for the western market. But calling it part of "a string of failures" is either badly informed, or plain stupid. Rift has been regarded as having one of the most smooth and successful MMO launches, it's F2P transition was considered by many as how to do F2P, and Scott Hartsman has stated that Rift is "doing very well". Trove seems to be doing pretty good as well.

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904

This is the best example ever of a good game that was completely ruined by absolute incompetent and dishonest management. It was a total cash grab from the very beginning when they charged people 150.00 just to play a fake alpha that was all about marketing and nothing about testing.  Trion is a sinking ship with a string of failures that it won't recover from. I would never spend a dime on any game they manage after the shameful way they managed archeage. I don't expect Trion to survive much longer, they don't have a single game that is making a profit though they will never admit it since they are privately owned they don't have to release any financials. 

This.

If AA didnt have a horrid p2w cash shop and an incompetent greedy company managing it would be the best mmo release in a long time. 

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    People to blind that Trove and Rift still making money for them, is not as cash shop heavy as arche age so they make less cuz of being less cash shop push. and don't know to much on defiance don't play it a lot, not going say it's doing bad if I am not playing it as much.
  • BrokenSilenceBrokenSilence Member UncommonPosts: 321

Land Grabbing hacks that will allow players to locate land anywhere and grab it without being there. This allowed players to beat anyone who was legit trying to claim demos..Teleporting hack that allowed players to teleport trade runs. Speed hack that allowed players more extremely fast..Map exploits for trade runs that let you avoid pvp and people killing you...Radar tracking that shows where players are to avoid pvp and people killing you...Zoom out that gave you a birds eye view of everything...Auction House bot mods that allows players to snipe auctions without even being at the keyboard. Multiple apex exploits that duplicated apex and also allowed you to get free unlimited credits. Upgrade hacks that allowed you upgrade items. The Immortality exploit and unlimited xp exploit.. that's some of it. And then you have the queue travesty that happened on launch along with the failed launch of the Auroria expansion that made it so many players couldn't even log in to battle for land and castles. Not to mention the huge bot problem. Oh and one of the best features which is castles/sieges are broken.. and I mean totally broken. Then breaking up patch 1.7 to try and stretch content and make more money..smh. LOL and that sad part is, there's more.

XL Games new about a lot of these and did nothing. Then throw Trion the publisher into the mix and the relationship between these 2 is horrible. Tons of players cheated and abused the apex exploit and the CEO of Trion stated it was a few which was absolutely false. And most never even got in trouble and some of the ones who did got a 24 hour ban. Both companies did and are doing a piss poor job and it's continuing. It's a big mess and continues to get worse. Thousands of people left the game and they brought the game to steam to get more people, which they are but they are leaving pretty quickly too.

Originally posted by Aelious

they don't have a single game that is making a profit though they will never admit it since they are privately owned they don't have to release any financials. 

Then how do you know?

Because common sense tells you a company that closed half of it's offices and laid off most of their employees like Trion did in 2013 is not doing well? They canceled projects and dropped games with no mention of it at all. Does that sound like a company that is doing well to you? The desperate ways they tried to profit off of archeage, a game they didn't even make, was another hint. So although there is no quarterly report to prove it, I would say that they are doing fairly poorly judging by the lack of population in all of their games. Time will tell.

They close money offices when the sub market was taking a big nose dive, many mmo not only trion this happen too, right now they been hiring, but for people thinking that trion is not making any money, they sure hiring many new people on there team with no money seem what people getting at.

• ShortyBibleShortyBible Member UncommonPosts: 409
    Originally posted by karmath

This.

If AA didnt have a horrid p2w cash shop and an incompetent greedy company managing it would be the best mmo release in a long time. 

I agree with your opinion. Underneath all the garbage is a great game.

Originally posted by karmath

This.

P2W cash shop is oversea aswell, and the company that managing the USA side don't have power for the ones that are over sea, but it would not be the best mmo as how arche age in general is, but still great game for people still play it, I don't play it much, as it's all about gaining power over a other how the game was made for.

• MightykingMightyking Member UncommonPosts: 235
    Originally posted by Mightyking

I agree with you that Archeage was poorly handled, and there were quite a few questionable mistakes surrounding the launch for the western market. But calling it part of "a string of failures" is either badly informed, or plain stupid. Rift has been regarded as having one of the most smooth and successful MMO launches, it's F2P transition was considered by many as how to do F2P, and Scott Hartsman has stated that Rift is "doing very well". Trove seems to be doing pretty good as well.

You are going to take scott hartsmans's word for it huh? LOL. Well let us recap the recent adventures of Trion. Rift went F2P, no game transitions to F2P when it is doing well. Although they did a decent job of it I can not imagine rift is doing better than breaking even but let's just say that it is. Defiance was a total fail, not even a question there. End of Nations never even made it to release and was canceled. Warface dropped with no explanation at all. Archage, great interest pre-launch but total disaster and collapse of population since then. Trove I can't speak to because I quit caring about Trion at this point, but I haven't heard much about it. So if you can call that mess a success story well then maybe we just have a different definition of success. 

I agree your word is much better than Scott's, because what does he know. Regardless what your crystal ball tells you, Trion has been growing steadily since it launched Rift.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by ChaoticWake

Land Grabbing hacks that will allow players to locate land anywhere and grab it without being there. This allowed players to beat anyone who was legit trying to claim demos..Teleporting hack that allowed players to teleport trade runs. Speed hack that allowed players more extremely fast..Map exploits for trade runs that let you avoid pvp and people killing you...Radar tracking that shows where players are to avoid pvp and people killing you...Zoom out that gave you a birds eye view of everything...Auction House bot mods that allows players to snipe auctions without even being at the keyboard. Multiple apex exploits that duplicated apex and also allowed you to get free unlimited credits. Upgrade hacks that allowed you upgrade items. The Immortality exploit and unlimited xp exploit.. that's some of it. And then you have the queue travesty that happened on launch along with the failed launch of the Auroria expansion that made it so many players couldn't even log in to battle for land and castles. Not to mention the huge bot problem. Oh and one of the best features which is castles/sieges are broken.. and I mean totally broken. Then breaking up patch 1.7 to try and stretch content and make more money..smh. LOL and that sad part is, there's more.

XL Games new about a lot of these and did nothing. Then throw Trion the publisher into the mix and the relationship between these 2 is horrible. Tons of players cheated and abused the apex exploit and the CEO of Trion stated it was a few which was absolutely false. And most never even got in trouble and some of the ones who did got a 24 hour ban. Both companies did and are doing a piss poor job and it's continuing. It's a big mess and continues to get worse. Thousands of people left the game and they brought the game to steam to get more people, which they are but they are leaving pretty quickly too.

The crazy thing is, is that when the game failed in each successive region it was released in, they didn't even try to fix things, the game was practically doomed to fail before the European version was even launched, because they did not address the issues with the game, that were present when it was even launched for Russia etc. 

If anything it highlights that Archeage was only intended to gain revenue for the short term, if they were aiming for the long haul they would have fixed the game in the first place, instead of launching it in the condition it was, yet again, Archeage was never meant to succeed as a game, it looks like it really was just about the money.

But hey, it was really convenient for all those botters, new game, hardly any changes to existing code, good times for those guys right image

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MorrowGamingMorrowGaming Member CommonPosts: 16

Archage was one of those games I really enjoyed the PvP was the best I've experienced in an mmo for a lot of years since perhaps Aion. Its such a shame that Trion really messed this game up, I left the game after the decision to make thunderstuck trees a item you bought, from RNG boxes this was a after a long list of mismanaged things that just stacked up too fast for me to want to stay around. 

This game has such great potential under a decent publisher, but then again as long as the devs have their say on what goes on in the game in the west I fear it will always have its problems. It does not surprise me that yet again another exploit that potential is game breaking, balance ruining has surfaced. This game is full of them and Trion are way outta their depth when it comes to dealing with hacks, bots and exploits. 

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Originally posted by DMKano

The servers were brought down to apply a hotfix to prevent the in-game exploit. What's amazing to me is how quickly XL coded the hotfix, this used to take a week previously, this was done the same day almost.

What's amazing is that apparently this bug has been around for quite some time even on the RU version.

Archeage is P2W online-gambling and it has problems with bots and cheaters. Trion doesn't understand the dynamics of it's own game. Trion and XL Games are such a bad combination that the time or quality of the fixes add to the game being further ruined. The server that I'm on 2 of the larger guilds are ran by 2 of the biggest cheaters who had their accounts banned and came back and are right back to having top gear again. The economy is a joke for honest casual players.

With all that said, I really wish people would stop talking about the $150 for Alpha access.  That wasn't all you got for the $150. Alpha was the most incredible time for Archeage NA and an awesome (yet sad) glimpse at what this game should/could have been.

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • JakobmillerJakobmiller Member RarePosts: 674

The servers were brought down to apply a hotfix to prevent the in-game exploit. What's amazing to me is how quickly XL coded the hotfix, this used to take a week previously, this was done the same day almost.

I have no idea what kind of exploit, but I know as a programmer that a hotfix shouldn't take long to fix.. Even if it just means a temporary solution to solve it in a better way till later patch.

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299

I went from regarding Trion as one of my favorite mmo developers to hating them in the span of a couple months. I always thought of Rift as having thee best f2p model I've ever seen in an mmo. So I was one of those $150 Alpha suckers who loved the first 2 months of Alpha then all the sudden 1.1 hit and it became pay-to-win. The ingame currency promised to players with the Alpha addition never came. The launch was horrible with ridiculous que's and lag.

The costumer support was the worst I had ever seen, after I quit in the end of September I got replies to my 2 tickets 3.5 and 4 weeks after I had already quit lol. The cash shop pay to win features through labor usage went way too far. Exploits, hacks, and bots were all over the place in Alpha and just as much so at launch. The game itself had potential, but wow did Trion drop the ball to the point I will never support them ever again.

Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • AthisarAthisar Member UncommonPosts: 666
    I haven't spent a penny on any of Trion's games (nor will again) since they treated ArcheAge customers so badly. They're a disgrace.
  • ShortyBibleShortyBible Member UncommonPosts: 409

This is a known issue that plagued AA Russia.

I see nothing amazing about their response.

• hammarushammarus Member UncommonPosts: 196
    I am finally, done with the cash grab train wreck that is Archeage.  I gave it a good run and spent way more money on it than it deserved, yet I will miss it. It was fun.
  • Veexer_NuiVeexer_Nui Member UncommonPosts: 268
    Did this with my alt, about 1k of each gem to sell later. Put them all in house storage chest, allow friend permission to loot all even if alt is banned.

Archeage EU - Nui

• LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327

As someone who has many inside sources at Trion it's so funny to see how completely out of touch some of the posters are here. Trion is more profitable now than they have ever been at any point as a company. 2013 was a low point for sure but the fact that 2 years later Hartsman was able to turn it completely around speaks for itself.

Hint companies that are not doing well aren't growing their staff and hiring for 2 years steady.

This explains your unrelenting support for this game.  Any game is certainly made a lot more tolerable when we know people in high places.  Those special "perks" are always fun.  The fanboy meter is through the roof with you and this game.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    Originally posted by LacedOpium

This explains your unrelenting support for this game.  Any game is certainly made a lot more tolerable when we know people in high places.  Those special "perks" are always fun.  The fanboy meter is through the roof with you and this game.

I'm torn here.  DMKano tends to be right on a LOT of industry leads, which is awesome.  But he does kinda have a blind eye for Trion.  I loved Trion.  But they are like that girl in high school that you "love" but she's in "love" with herself.  Just no good.

It's toxic.  I keep going back to Rift and being hit with the same reality.  MMO's just aren't the same anymore and they've lost their shine.

• AthisarAthisar Member UncommonPosts: 666
    If you abandon all ethics, screw customers and basically run unregulated gambling, it's not hard to turn a profit.
    Originally posted by Athisar
    If you abandon all ethics, screw customers and basically run unregulated gambling, it's not hard to turn a profit.

Pretty hard to turn a game in to profit this days, wildstar naming for one of the sub base game, it's a good game, but is losing money and less overhead then arche age, but people don't play it even if there no cash shop or anything like that.

Originally posted by Ikeda
    Originally posted by LacedOpium

I'm torn here.  DMKano tends to be right on a LOT of industry leads, which is awesome.  But he does kinda have a blind eye for Trion.  I loved Trion.  But they are like that girl in high school that you "love" but she's in "love" with herself.  Just no good.

It's toxic.  I keep going back to Rift and being hit with the same reality.  MMO's just aren't the same anymore and they've lost their shine.

I agree mmo out there lost there shine, why I still play rift:), and other play wow, no points leaving just to get handly cap even worst on some newer mmo.

• azurreiazurrei Member UncommonPosts: 332

As someone who has many inside sources at Trion it's so funny to see how completely out of touch some of the posters are here. Trion is more profitable now than they have ever been at any point as a company. 2013 was a low point for sure but the fact that 2 years later Hartsman was able to turn it completely around speaks for itself.

Hint companies that are not doing well aren't growing their staff and hiring for 2 years steady.

Proof shady P2W F2P > legit P2P unless you put in the effort for quality... it seems Hartsman went from a quality kind of guy to back room dealer - very disappointing but whatever brings in the cash, right?