Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Echo of Soul: Closed Beta Key Giveaway

2»

Comments

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640

Sigh really wanted to check this out everyone is out already. 

Tons up for sale on the sale sites which makes it even  more annoying.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010
    Originally posted by psiic

Sigh really wanted to check this out everyone is out already. 

Tons up for sale on the sale sites which makes it even  more annoying.

I would't waste the money. 

Wait until you can get a free key.

I'm actually enjoying the game more than Cabal 2 and the idea of being part of a pvp clan is more enticing.

However, at this starting stage, I wouldn't really spend any money "just to check it out".

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • jaym2015jaym2015 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    This game's already pay to win and it didnt even reach OBT. Like pay $20 to not get wiped... thanks Aeria.
  • skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181
    XIGNCode (gameguard crap) won't let me play even with all processes killed. /sigh, ticket submitted.
    Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

IDK if just me or there was some reason but i had god awful lag,no matter i set settings to the very lowest the frame rates never changed from much,i went from 7>13 going from max to lowest,so something is definitely wrong with the game.

I don't know the engine ,but it operates worse than the Unity Engine.

As for the game itself,same old 100% identical to the majority of Asian games and graphics are deceptive ,they are not that good.Combat feels identical to other Aeria games i have played.I would imagine around level 30+ the cash shop becomes a factor just like other Aeria games.

I did not get too high level,i think i was around 10-12,combat does not feel intuitive aside from starting with your slowest casting spell>fastest and not much else to think about.

Tutorial tips are not bad,seem they hired an English person to do them.The only mistake was not informing of keybinds when mentioning WASD and F keys.I did not change the binds myself to see if they actually work in Beta,however i would not last long in any game without keybinds.

BTW leveling at least at lower levels is likely a mask/disguise as i have witnessed in other Aeria  games,way too easy to level,you do like 2-3 quests and level up.

somebody,anybody NEEDS to lose this linear questing design,it is so old and boring,i find myself playing connect the dots, looking for map markers kill 1-5 creatures ,NEXT, more than enjoying a game or any feeling of role playing.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Its not as bad as people are saying it is. Its not some new epic mmo either. And that's the problem with people calling it crap.  If your looking for some new mmo that's going to be different from what we have then you should quit playing them. Mmo's are not going to change anytime soon. The game is your basic Asian mmo with some cool features like the souls thing. I played an Archer to level 10 which is when you can pick your class path. Its your basic fantasy Asian f2p mmo. 
  • YoofaloofYoofaloof Member UncommonPosts: 217
    I'm quite enjoying it to be honest. Not really a fan of Korean MMO's but I'm giving this one a chance. None too keen on the character design and gender lock but the graphics and UI are lovely. Will be staying with this for a while I think, at least until something that wows me comes along - which may be some time.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Any clans with orange names are Hostile clans. If you join a Hostile clan then other Hostiles will have red names.
  • mussolinimussolini Member UncommonPosts: 200

If anyone have an extra key pls send pm or [email protected]

Ty, regards.

• RPGMASTERGAMERRPGMASTERGAMER Member UncommonPosts: 516

im curently playing it since 3 days

THAT A SOLID MMORPG with alot of features and f2p

this will be my game for many months to come, that not new but it got everything done right

that old school and it got everything realy remind me of aion

the world quite big and it got alot of contents, solo instance, pvp 5v5, battleground quite fun

world boss, and im loving you can kinda custom your skill like you want, not everyone got the same build you can only pick 2 skill each round so you miss one and some skill are required for upgrade the skill of the first round. i have reset skill 3 time and got new build each time and not im high level curently so that good.

TLDR: solid old schools mmorpg worth it and play it :)

want add for pvper: can level fast in pvp you dont need pve if you dont want !!

• apb2011apb2011 Member UncommonPosts: 168
    Another themepark MMO. Copy/paste mechanics from other themeparks. Doesn't feel open world.
  • x3cutoRx3cutoR Member UncommonPosts: 37

The game is totally old school. It has some kind of Lineage flavour that I like. It's nothing special but it's not bad. I mean, It's quite enjoyable. I think I'll definitely stick to it for a few more runs. I hope Aeria won't screw this up.

Originally posted by x3cutoR

The game is totally old school. It has some kind of Lineage flavour that I like. It's nothing special but it's not bad. I mean, It's quite enjoyable. I think I'll definitely stick to it for a few more runs. I hope Aeria won't screw this up.

Yea, its all up to Aeria not to mess this one up. I have been waiting a long time for a game like this and now I finally have it.

Is that a Fire or Ice you have in that pic?

Originally posted by Mikeha

Yea, its all up to Aeria not to mess this one up. I have been waiting a long time for a game like this and now I finally have it.

Is that a Fire or Ice you have in that pic?

Fire. I like fire xD

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551

I'm liking the game so far, just hate those warrior big *** swords!

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• crazyl00licrazyl00li Member Posts: 1
    Hi if anyone need a closed beta key - only for 10$ , bought a founder pack already and 2 days ago got an invite for the beta >.< , anyway I have nothing to do with 2 keys. 
    for more info 
  • NoxiousBassNoxiousBass Member UncommonPosts: 257

I didn´t have this game on my radar but got the beta key and checked it out.

Quite honestly, I don´t think the game is bad at all, as a matter of fact I am enjoying myself.

The emotes are quite hillarious, and tried a couple of duels and find the combat quite fun.

Don´t think it´s going to be the next big thing or anything, but I think it is worth taking EOS for a spin, you might be surprised!

Ah and thanks for the beta key MMORPG.COM ;)

Originally posted by Torval

Nice pic. I haven't had a bad experience with Aeria when I was playing Aura Kingdom.

To me the game feel a lot like how an early WoW would have felt with better class customization and the option to farm mobs. The mob farming does feel very much like a throwback to Lineage.

Thanks. It would've been much better if the resolution was a bit bigger but nvm xD

Well, I heard the game was made by some Lineage 2 devs (don't know if it's the truth). So, maybe that's the reason the game is a bit lineage-ish.

• WightyWighty Member UncommonPosts: 699

Ugh... Two Words: Bag Space...

Currently there is no cash shop in the game save for the founders packs... I predict just another game with a crippling cash shop forcing players to buy items that once upon a time were craftable,

What are your other Hobbies?

Gaming is Dirt Cheap compared to this...

• RPGMASTERGAMERRPGMASTERGAMER Member UncommonPosts: 516
    Originally posted by Wighty

Ugh... Two Words: Bag Space...

Currently there is no cash shop in the game save for the founders packs... I predict just another game with a crippling cash shop forcing players to buy items that once upon a time were craftable,

you can get the profession for free and you can create bag that not hard also you get bag at some level for reward, that only a problem lower level honestly and the cash shop look like not p2win in any way

You get bags for free at certain levels and achievements. I have 5 bags and only keep stuff in the main bag. The other 4 are mostly empty because I don't let them fill up with junk. Bag space is not a problem.