Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Camelot Unchained: IT Testing Could Lead to New Beta Event

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Camelot Unchained site has been updated with the news that a special IT testing event is ongoing through today, Saturday, May 16th that, if successful, could lead to another beta-backer event later this month. The current IT event is open to IT and alpha testers.

In addition, the Friday update has a few concept screens of golems that will be included in the game.

Read it all on the Camelot Unchained site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• FlyinDutchman87FlyinDutchman87 Member UncommonPosts: 336

I gotta say, I like the new art better than the old art.....

The old art just made them look too..... Soft.

Now they look more cyborg than animated Doughboy.

• tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Waiting for that beta 1...
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

I find it rather odd that this game does get more interest instead of the other indie pvp games like Albion, Pathfinder, The Repopulation, etc.  It is quite obvious to me that most of the indie game staffs have significant problems addressing pvp issues that have plagued MMO's throughout their history.

The only other studio with significant pvp experience is Crowfall.  I have far better hopes that the Camelot Unchained staff will actually provide us with a decent pvp design than any of these other indie studios.  I am very afraid that most of the indies will end up as blatant gank fests because of their inability to recognize past pvp failures in this genre.

Just as an example we saw a lead designer of Pathfinder debating spawn camping.  I was incredulous that there was even a debate on such subject.  I constantly see examples of such from all these various indie studios.  It does not leave much hope for any of these indie games to make it big.

I do think that both the Camelot Unchained and Crowfall understand the trapfalls of pvp and provide us with a good pvp experience.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.