Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Considering a return] A few questions

FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

I'm considering a return to Aion for a bit. It's been one of the games I enjoyed playing in the past but never fully invested into.

Before doing so I have a few questions for current players though. Most of those questions are about the viability of playing on the NA servers. I returned to the Gameforge-ran servers in Europe a year ago and leveled a character but quit in disgust seeing their preposterous monetization plans (charging 15 euros for single use consumable keys, exploiting lottery systems,...).

1) How doable is it to play the game on the NA servers as a European?

I want to have enough people playing alongside me for grouping / guilding purposes (their nationalities don't matter though) during GMT+1 hours. Plus I'm also worried about the ping I'd be getting, as I will be engaging in PvP every opportunity I get.

Recommendations for specific servers or testimonials from other euros on the NA servers would be apprecatiated.

2) Any chance I'd still be able to do anything with my old character / account?

I bought the game at launch and played for several months, leveling a character to ~lvl45. I never transferred my character or account to the Gameforge servers; but evidently my old server doesn't exist anymore.

Could I transfer this account to the NA servers or at least redeem something for my past purchase? This is of course years after last playing.

3) How different is the cash shop compared to the European server?

I have no problems paying for a premium or even a bit extra now and then. But $15 consumable keys or astronomical figures being required in order to get enough godstones etc. in order to make your character competitive are just a big no.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

Comments

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779

I recently got back into it myself.

I do not know about EU, but NA server is pretty active, a lot of grouping going on. Though every group I have been in so far wants to SPEED through it. You want to tank? Good luck! Everyone is DPSing and pulling mobs and skipping a lot of mobs. Done! Rinse and repeat!

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

I know both the EU and the NA servers are active. But as I refuse to play on the EU servers I wonder how active the NA ones will be during my times of playing.

The powering through shit is the usual attitude nowadays I'm afraid. Just let them learn it the hard way when you're tanking imo: "You pull it? You tank it!"

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• x3cutoRx3cutoR Member UncommonPosts: 37
    Last time I've played Aion, I had MAX 70ms ping. And I'm from EU (Bosnia to be exact, only tho, I'm not even sure if that's the part of EU anymore but whatever XD). That's the only thing I can answer since I've never played on EU servers because there wasn't the need of playing on EU servers and I was pretty much satisfied about everything they have offered me there. The cash shop there is a bit expensive (at least for me, because my last salary was 150  euros and I can't afford that luxury of buying extra pretty mounts *sadface*). And the thing about transfering accounts, well, why don't you email them? Overall, Aion NA is truly free. Just like they said.
  • FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

Well apparently they just deleted everything early this month; I'm not sure characters created on the original NC Europe servers even existed anymore anyhow.

At least I still have a shiny physical box sitting there being shiny :p

I'll just try out the NA version and see for myself.

• BlecodBlecod Member UncommonPosts: 43
    Don't play EU server you have to pay for everything interesting there. In NA shop is mostly for beauty stuff.