Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just Resubbed To Wildstar and.... LOL.

124»

Comments

• EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749
    Originally posted by baphamet

holy crap! only two servers and one of them is dead?? i mean, i'm not trying to hate but that is one hell of a fail!

how is it not shut down at this point?

Four servers.

Merged from twenty-two servers.

Two of the remaining four are dead.

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134
    Originally posted by Wizardry

You can revive a game,FFXIV did,although it is a real tough grind to do so.You have to be 100% in it for the long haul and take your business and game serious because it would take money and effort to revive ANY game after a decline.

I think it was Crowfall that said they will be hiring a graphic artist once they reach their next goal.That goal was not that big so this game could definitely take some of that profit they made and revamp the graphics.Then take a few people and code in some depth and a couple more systems.

However i don't see it happening,they won't risk their profits,they will simply side this out and forget it.You can't win like this unless you outright lie like Smedley and start boasting GIANT patches and huge improvements.

I could think of many ideas to turn this game around without a lot of effort or thought,so these guys should be able to do it as well.

The MAIn problem as i see for EVERY game post Wow era is linear questing,unless your name is Blizzard or toting the famous FF franchise,you won't pull it off,your game will not have longevity.

So how do you get players back especially if you create a grouping game?Well at this point is is ONLY going to happen with F2p,only they better have a solid plan beyond just f2p or it will die quickly again.There are some cash shop ideas never done before,they should be able to think of something,i could.

linear questing is exactly , what made wow the big dog, or do you want us to camp spawn sites for hours, like they did/do in EQ1?

or, do you want us to start with the boss, clear out  the trash mobs, and THEN get the quest?

there is ONE reason for wows success..they have a TON of linear quests..and theyre still in lead position on the market

this is the only advantage they still have, other games have surpassed them in all other areas

send them your ideas, if theyre good, you can save some jobs

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,963
    Originally posted by EponyxDamor
    Wow, how'd you get the entire population of Wildstar online at the same time take a group photo together?

lol

• habs845habs845 Member UncommonPosts: 9
    I bought the game like 2 days ago I went on the eu pve server and couldn't get a bg queue but I notice 6 ppl near the area im questing or more (still not a lot) I kinda like it reminds me when I used to play wow but it has slighty nicer graphics and cooler animations and I like the combat a lot too, so I just hope it gets more ppl weather it goes f2p or not, although id much rather it goes buy 2 play like eso 
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    Originally posted by habs845
    I bought the game like 2 days ago I went on the eu pve server and couldn't get a bg queue but I notice 6 ppl near the area im questing or more (still not a lot) I kinda like it reminds me when I used to play wow but it has slighty nicer graphics and cooler animations and I like the combat a lot too, so I just hope it gets more ppl weather it goes f2p or not, although id much rather it goes buy 2 play like eso 

Same here. I've been subbed this month, but I guess I'm going to cancel and wait for f2p to hopefully bring more people and life to this game. I think it's a good game. It's a shame the game couldn't find its audience.

F2P didnt save CoX, and that game had a substantially larger playerbase, than wildstar

they have to do something a lot more drastic

nerfing content doesnt Work either, as SWG showed us, it will only alienate their few remaining players

if it wasnt action combat, i would at least try it

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    One of the few games that I would like to go to FTP so I can keep testing the performance. The game quality is there, not do keen on the puerile humour and watching patterns, but it has something about it that could flourish given good direction.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by zaberfangx
    Yeah, pvp server pretty much dead in the water, In General pvp server  in a mmo have trouble keeping people with balance and faction in the mix.

In general PvP servers suffer from population issues? Not sure which games you are basing this on but in WoW PvP servers were always the most populated ones.

@OP, I knew it had an extremely low population but not this low. Wildstar was the biggest MMO fail of all time. I can't remember a single other major MMO that tanked so quickly. This game literally died within the 1st month.

I don't think this is going F2P. The audience is just not there. I am thinking NCSoft are just going to shut it down like they have done with some of their other MMOs.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

Originally posted by fivoroth
    Yeah, pvp server pretty much dead in the water, In General pvp server  in a mmo have trouble keeping people with balance and faction in the mix.

In general PvP servers suffer from population issues? Not sure which games you are basing this on but in WoW PvP servers were always the most populated ones.

@OP, I knew it had an extremely low population but not this low. Wildstar was the biggest MMO fail of all time. I can't remember a single other major MMO that tanked so quickly. This game literally died within the 1st month.

I don't think this is going F2P. The audience is just not there. I am thinking NCSoft are just going to shut it down like they have done with some of their other MMOs.

AFAIK there are roughly 3x as many PVE servers, as PVP in wow, that should explain it

DCUO doesnt even HAVE a PVP server anymore, and WS PVP servers are dead too, this supports his theory

yea, the biggest parts in WS was the budget, and the devs egos

F2P has "saved" some games, but this one? i dont think so

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by simplius

AFAIK there are roughly 3x as many PVE servers, as PVP in wow, that should explain it

DCUO doesnt even HAVE a PVP server anymore, and WS PVP servers are dead too, this supports his theory

Just a quick check on WoW server stats it appears there are 114 PvE servers vs 109 PvP servers in NA. I don't have time to check for EU but I can't imagine it's much more different. There is only 5 more PvE servers but by pure population numbers if you lumped all PvP servers against all PVE numbers, PvP will be way higher which means that for WOW PvP servers are a lot more populated. But then again there isn't a massive difference between a PvP and PvE server in WOW. Back in the day people played on PvP servers simply because they were the highest pop servers with the best raiding progression guilds.

I am not sure what the case is for other games.

In any case Wildstar is a dead game. THe population numbers are inredibly low for a game this new.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

You must not have been around for APB and Realtimes World launch....

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

Umm, EQ2, AoC, Vamguard, SWToR to name a few.

and scarlet blade too, they only have PVP instances every hour or so

if THEY cant do it..nobody can

• WightyWighty Member UncommonPosts: 699
    Originally posted by StoneRoses
    Originally posted by Ciix
    I don't know why they would think that WildStar would be the type of game nostalgic players would want. It's not like old school games at all.

Oh yes yes, the whole "it's not old enough" comment that's been dragged around into every new MMORPG.

http://i.imgur.com/P7eOhEL.jpg?1

You forgot SWG in your horse pic.

What are your other Hobbies?

Gaming is Dirt Cheap compared to this...

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Wighty
    Originally posted by StoneRoses
    Originally posted by Ciix
    I don't know why they would think that WildStar would be the type of game nostalgic players would want. It's not like old school games at all.

Oh yes yes, the whole "it's not old enough" comment that's been dragged around into every new MMORPG.

http://i.imgur.com/P7eOhEL.jpg?1

You forgot SWG in your horse pic.

I wouldn't say that he forgot. :P

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

Originally posted by simplius

Just a quick check on WoW server stats it appears there are 114 PvE servers vs 109 PvP servers in NA. I don't have time to check for EU but I can't imagine it's much more different. There is only 5 more PvE servers but by pure population numbers if you lumped all PvP servers against all PVE numbers, PvP will be way higher which means that for WOW PvP servers are a lot more populated. But then again there isn't a massive difference between a PvP and PvE server in WOW. Back in the day people played on PvP servers simply because they were the highest pop servers with the best raiding progression guilds.

I am not sure what the case is for other games.

In any case Wildstar is a dead game. THe population numbers are inredibly low for a game this new.

okay, thank you for the correction

i still believe , that PVErs outnumber PVPers 3:1 overall, given the ratio of content, that the devs churn out

if it didnt sell, you can bet, that they would stop making it

• ButeoRegalisButeoRegalis Member UncommonPosts: 594
    Originally posted by Bladestrom
    One of the few games that I would like to go to FTP so I can keep testing the performance. The game quality is there, not do keen on the puerile humour and watching patterns, but it has something about it that could flourish given good direction.

There is a free trial you get get:

https://www.wildstar-online.com/en/freetrial/

Originally posted by ReallyNow10

I quit Wildstar because I felt it was just a little too on-rails for my tastes.  Had it been a bit less so, say more like vanilla WOW instead of Rift, in terms of open-ness and ability to wander without getting too off track from being able to do quests, I would have stuck with it.

I know some folks had high level raiding issues with the difficulty, but I do not buy that as the reason the rest of the game emptied out.  A linear MMO is a one-note song that just doesn't play anymore in this market.

yea, poor blizzard

if they Work REALLY hard, maybe they can reach the same level of popularity , as TSW

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by FuryV

Thought I'd try the game out again.  This was at 6.45pm today.  I logged in and was stood in the main Dominion city, right outside the auction house.  Saw absolutely nobody.  I said in map chat "Anybody around?"... Not a single reply for 10 minutes.  Tried again, same thing.  30 mins later I got a private message saying "You think that's bad? Check the auction house out" so I did.

There wasn't a SINGLE listing on the auction house.  It's not only a ghost game, but their economy has gone to sh*t too... Infact it looks like there isn't any economy at all.  I was amazed to find absolutely NOTHING on the auction house.  I then tried to buy CREDD (gives you subscription for in game gold) and there was no CREDD available whatsoever.

How can they expect to keep charging a sub for this when their main cities are ghost towns at peak times of the day and their auction house doesn't have a single item on it?  Literally nothing.

I really had high hopes for Wildstar. Hoped will be my 4th best game of all times (after Wow, Swtor and Gw2) ... but lag and bugs (at start at least) killed it for me. Now have returned week or two ago and left after few days. Probably will not return. Besides terrible lag in cities (i know, i know, not all have lag, but I have and many have - if I can play Gw2, Wow, Swtor, ... all with much more demanding graphics, but make no mistake, I love Wildstar cartoony style, I can expect at least this from Wildstar) now that every1 is gone ... is impossible to so many quests that are elite. For the start they should remove group request from all PVE quests. Otherwise they will lose also that few players that would play. Snif, I'm very sad for how things are evolving for Wildstar. :-(