Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just Resubbed To Wildstar and.... LOL.

Comments

• muthaxmuthax Member UncommonPosts: 703

Did I say it's not dead? Quite the opposite. the problem is people trying to pass screenshots of the PVP servers for the PVE ones (or at least, avoiding mentioning which server is...) and then going berserkr when people point out a different experience

It's the usual mix of F2P trolls and people that 'hate' the game or whatever. Obsession is never a sign of health

PS no I am on the PVE server of course, they should just close the PVP servers to avoid more dumb threads like this

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    I agree the PvP servers should be shutdown.
    Chamber of Chains
  • FangrimFangrim Member UncommonPosts: 616
    Originally posted by nariusseldon
    Originally posted by observer
    It's amazing they would build a game around a nostalgic niche of players, and expect to generate enough revenue to sustain itself.  

They are not the only one to pour money into a bad business ideas. I am not surprised at all. With a market that big, there bound to be some naive operators who lost their shirt.

WTF? this game was not aimed at 'hardcore' playstyle as you say,it was a themepark on rails with cartoon graphics.

• EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749
    Originally posted by cheyane
    I agree the PvP servers should be shutdown.

This would go a long way to fixing the image of Wildstar being completely dead. Anyone logging into the two PvP servers would be given the instant impression that the game is 100% dead, and not everyone visits forums, etc to find out that the PvE Server on Exile side is the best option for running into other people.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Fangrim
    It's amazing they would build a game around a nostalgic niche of players, and expect to generate enough revenue to sustain itself.  

They are not the only one to pour money into a bad business ideas. I am not surprised at all. With a market that big, there bound to be some naive operators who lost their shirt.

WTF? this game was not aimed at 'hardcore' playstyle as you say,it was a themepark on rails with cartoon graphics.

Uh, that's exactly what they built it up as through pre-release marketing.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• GreteldaGretelda Member UncommonPosts: 359

Steam launch + B2P/F2P = Profit

doubt NCsoft agrees to using Steam though idk.

my top MMOs: UO,DAOC,WoW,GW2

most of my posts are just my opinions they are not facts,it is the same for you too.

• svandysvandy Member UncommonPosts: 277

Wildstar is such a sad case. I was super excited for the game, got it shortly after release, played to like level 30ish(?) and quit. Something about it (honestly, probably the low playerbase) threw me off. I want to like the game so bad, but I really feel like its being poorly managed and will continue to be poorly managed, and the low player base issue will be a never ending cycle that will slowly eat the game alive.

It is confusing to me, because the game has pretty much everything people want out of a themepark. Honestly, in my opinion, it is the end result of the decade of themeparks.  But I guess at the end of the day everyone will always filter back to WoW. Hopefully they can turn Wildstar around, but I don't see it happening. It is even worse off the TOR was it feels like, and it doesn't have the huge IP to help it.

Please visit my youtube channel for some H1Z1/DayZ casual roleplay videos!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrQoK5VZlwBBzpsksmXtjMQ

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Reminded me of WoW to much.  They should have taken the GW2 approach and made leveling fast so you could quickly get to PvP or explore different professions and content in PvE a lot faster.  Why would I pay for a WoW clone when I could just pay for WoW.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• rmk70rmk70 Member UncommonPosts: 408
    Originally posted by svandy

Wildstar is such a sad case. I was super excited for the game, got it shortly after release, played to like level 30ish(?) and quit. Something about it (honestly, probably the low playerbase) threw me off. I want to like the game so bad, but I really feel like its being poorly managed and will continue to be poorly managed, and the low player base issue will be a never ending cycle that will slowly eat the game alive.

It is confusing to me, because the game has pretty much everything people want out of a themepark. Honestly, in my opinion, it is the end result of the decade of themeparks.  But I guess at the end of the day everyone will always filter back to WoW. Hopefully they can turn Wildstar around, but I don't see it happening. It is even worse off the TOR was it feels like, and it doesn't have the huge IP to help it.

Similar sentiments. 

Has loads of potential, but they really need to open the doors. It won't shine until is feels lively and vibrant. 

As pretty much everyone is saying: Steam + BP/F2P. 

Side note: they would have such amazing cosmetic stuff on a cash shop. I feel like it would sell like hot cakes.

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

sad really.

i played wildstar for nearly 1 month and honestly its not a bad game at all.its actually fun

however the developers took a route i think which killed the game.to recreate the vanilla raid style wow.

blizzard  survival is because they adapted.i played in wow in a server first raid guild we had a lot of the server first so you can imagine we had more active raid numbers then many .

yet in vanilla we took ages to get the 40 people going for raid for molten core and keeping them going to progress was way harder.keeping them focused was even a bigger nightmare.

and this was even a time when people even  were more willing to raid.

blizzard changed things because had they not they would be a struggling mmo now.it was a important and right choice.

wildstar should never have taken that route of 40 man hard raids.

• ShinobeShinobe Member UncommonPosts: 91
    Originally posted by hercules

sad really.

i played wildstar for nearly 1 month and honestly its not a bad game at all.its actually fun

however the developers took a route i think which killed the game.to recreate the vanilla raid style wow.

blizzard  survival is because they adapted.i played in wow in a server first raid guild we had a lot of the server first so you can imagine we had more active raid numbers then many .

yet in vanilla we took ages to get the 40 people going for raid for molten core and keeping them going to progress was way harder.keeping them focused was even a bigger nightmare.

and this was even a time when people even  were more willing to raid.

blizzard changed things because had they not they would be a struggling mmo now.it was a important and right choice.

wildstar should never have taken that route of 40 man hard raids.

Exactly, the gamer base changed. I see it when i look on my style of gaming now. 10 Years ago i was also in a raiding guild, we had 5 raid days, everyday 4-6 hours, 1 farm day for food and pots. It was cool that time. 10 years later i want to have fun with 2 handfull of friends, challenging games but not "one fails, all go down" games like Wildstar did. They had so much potentiell doing Adventures for the casual gamers, 1-2 easy raids and Vet Dungeoons and HC Raids for the Pros. No they made the Adentures total useless and the dungeons absolut no rewarding.

I activated my trial 2 days ago, nothing changed, even my Stalker build from 10 month ago works the same. After doing all "new" things like Warplots, Vet Shiphands and the new dailys, i was done after around 2 hours and there was nothing to do anymore...again. TBH they changed the drop rate in dungeons, but thats all.

They have to adapt the game for casuals, keeping HC Raids for Pros and go to Steam, that could help them and imo is the only change. This game itself is still fun.

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Let see how wildstar when it does hit free to play,  hope the factions get some what balance so it don't end up one sided game, that can pull people away with very long queue times for pvp side off things.
  • sacredfoolsacredfool Member UncommonPosts: 849
    Originally posted by FuryV

Thought I'd try the game out again.  This was at 6.45pm today.  I logged in and was stood in the main Dominion city, right outside the auction house.  Saw absolutely nobody.  I said in map chat "Anybody around?"... Not a single reply for 10 minutes.  Tried again, same thing.  30 mins later I got a private message saying "You think that's bad? Check the auction house out" so I did.

If there was absolutely nobody there, how could someone PM you? Tssk.....

Originally posted by nethaniah

Seriously Farmville? Yeah I think it's great. In a World where half our population is dying of hunger the more fortunate half is spending their time harvesting food that doesn't exist.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by sacredfool
    Originally posted by FuryV

Thought I'd try the game out again.  This was at 6.45pm today.  I logged in and was stood in the main Dominion city, right outside the auction house.  Saw absolutely nobody.  I said in map chat "Anybody around?"... Not a single reply for 10 minutes.  Tried again, same thing.  30 mins later I got a private message saying "You think that's bad? Check the auction house out" so I did.

If there was absolutely nobody there, how could someone PM you? Tssk.....

Well, from what I understood a lot of disgruntled raging World of Warcraft cheaters that got banned for botting were raging about trying WIldstarr for a bit, so the population might go up a bit. :P

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Originally posted by Muke

Well, from what I understood a lot of disgruntled raging World of Warcraft cheaters that got banned for botting were raging about trying WIldstarr for a bit, so the population might go up a bit. :P

Entirely possible that Carbine might have been hoping for a post-WoD boost. 

As we know though whilst WoW numbers post-WoD did indeed fall (from over 10M to 7.1M) WS's numbers also fell by c. 50%+.

So I don't think they will be holding their breath for a bunch of banned WoW accounts moving to WS.

• MirathelMirathel Member UncommonPosts: 137
    Originally posted by Chrisbox

"Our MMO is the best" "We're bringing hardcore back". These things were said on stream before their game even launched.

Nobody who says these things before their game launches deserves to be a game developer. On-top of that, nobody that thinks 40 man raiding could survive in today's world deserves to be a developer.  

Actually it was the 40 man raids and how hard they were that kept me playing Wildstar. Your opinion is your opinion is your opinion bro. I actually found the raiding refreshing and it doesn't cater to casual WoW babies like yourself.

• FleshMaskFleshMask Member UncommonPosts: 249

Preaches hardcore, has broken PvP.

No Halloween, No Christmas, nuking level 5 players, nuking old crates, vile community, vile moderators.

Why is NCSoft keeping W* around but pulled the plug from CoH? I will never understand.

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    Originally posted by Mirathel
    Originally posted by Chrisbox

"Our MMO is the best" "We're bringing hardcore back". These things were said on stream before their game even launched.

Nobody who says these things before their game launches deserves to be a game developer. On-top of that, nobody that thinks 40 man raiding could survive in today's world deserves to be a developer.  

Actually it was the 40 man raids and how hard they were that kept me playing Wildstar. Your opinion is your opinion is your opinion bro. I actually found the raiding refreshing and it doesn't cater to casual WoW babies like yourself.

He was the kid who kept dying to disc phase on a level 20 dungeon!

My favorite! Not having an interrupt on!

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

No, it was aimed for hardcore at end game. There was very stringent raid criteria and many people didn't want to do it. People quit because they had nothing to do without being able to raid.  Unless you are over leveled, there are many nonsolo-able mini bosses in every area as well. The game is a cartoony themepark, but it was harder than WoW and clones like it.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Originally posted by Amjoco

No, it was aimed for hardcore at end game. There was very stringent raid criteria and many people didn't want to do it. People quit because they had nothing to do without being able to raid.  Unless you are over leveled, there are many nonsolo-able mini bosses in every area as well. The game is a cartoony themepark, but it was harder than WoW and clones like it.

Pretty much this. They aimed for the vanilla WoW "hardcore" 40 man raiders and lost.

40 man raiding in Vanilla WoW wasn't even that popular in terms of % of player base completing it, IIRC.

Aiming for the (small) "hardcore" crowd was a bad idea from the beginning.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

You can revive a game,FFXIV did,although it is a real tough grind to do so.You have to be 100% in it for the long haul and take your business and game serious because it would take money and effort to revive ANY game after a decline.

I think it was Crowfall that said they will be hiring a graphic artist once they reach their next goal.That goal was not that big so this game could definitely take some of that profit they made and revamp the graphics.Then take a few people and code in some depth and a couple more systems.

However i don't see it happening,they won't risk their profits,they will simply side this out and forget it.You can't win like this unless you outright lie like Smedley and start boasting GIANT patches and huge improvements.

I could think of many ideas to turn this game around without a lot of effort or thought,so these guys should be able to do it as well.

The MAIn problem as i see for EVERY game post Wow era is linear questing,unless your name is Blizzard or toting the famous FF franchise,you won't pull it off,your game will not have longevity.

So how do you get players back especially if you create a grouping game?Well at this point is is ONLY going to happen with F2p,only they better have a solid plan beyond just f2p or it will die quickly again.There are some cash shop ideas never done before,they should be able to think of something,i could.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• FranBuniFF12FranBuniFF12 Member UncommonPosts: 7

Meanwhile on the PVE server http://i.imgur.com/RCOCyME.jpg

People everywhere

Wow, how'd you get the entire population of Wildstar online at the same time take a group photo together?
  • FlyinDutchman87FlyinDutchman87 Member UncommonPosts: 336

Yeah.... I resubbed last month, because I wanted to do some BG's... I was bored with playing dota every night, so I thought I'd try some MMO BG's...

I tried to get a BG queue 4 nights straight.....

I got NONE in 4 DAYS... On a Mega-server......

I was in queue for a total of  22 hours.

Cancelled my sub....

I always liked the game... But honestly there's just no-one around anymore.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

holy crap! only two servers and one of them is dead?? i mean, i'm not trying to hate but that is one hell of a fail!

how is it not shut down at this point?