Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dailies

ProkaryotikProkaryotik Member Posts: 38

Just kidding,

What do you guys do on a daily basis in the game? I'm more of a structured type of person when it comes to games but EVE is just so intriguing. I know that it's supposed to be the world that you can do whatever you want when you want but... what do you guys do with that freedom?

Comments

• lugallugal Member UncommonPosts: 671
    Before my corp got its shit pushed in by goons, we were building up a pretty good wormhole site. So basically mining and sitting in chat talking all nite.
    After losing our 3rd wormhole we started doing cosmos missions. I was also doing a lot of rep grind for research points. I missed out on roams that my friends did all the time.

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    The reviewer has a mishapen head
    Which means his opinion is skewed
    ...Aldous.MF'n.Huxley

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Prokaryotik
    Just kidding,What do you guys do on a daily basis in the game? I'm more of a structured type of person when it comes to games but EVE is just so intriguing. I know that it's supposed to be the world that you can do whatever you want when you want but... what do you guys do with that freedom?

spin ships

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• CalfisCalfis Member UncommonPosts: 381

Roaming, when I am not doing anything for the alliance (aka 100 man fleets) I go around looking for people to shoot at, either alone or with a small group of in-game friends, sometimes we stomp people, sometimes we get wrecked, either way its good casual fun.

I caught a battleship yesterday shooting NPCs, I was in a tiny interceptor so I was barely doing any damage to him. It took me 15 minutes to grind away his buffer tank, at the same time him and the NPCs he was shooting were both firing on my little ship :(

I closed into a tight fast orbit around him to outrun his missiles and make sure his large turrets couldn't track me. The NPCs started doing damage to me and scored better hits on me than the guy in the battleship did, but luckily for me my little ship was active tanked so when they chewed too much into my armor I was able to repair it.

I was gleefully watching his tank slowly go down while managing my own, hoping to God that he did not call for help and help was not coming because I needed A LOT of time to take down a heavily tanked battleship. In the end no help came, as far as I can tell he didn't even try to ask for help, some people passing by inquired as to what was happening and I gave em some coy answers and a smilie :)

In the end my efforts produced a nice embarassing (for the battleship pilot) killmail

That will continue to bring a grin to my face every time I look at it ;)

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

Scanning for rare sites and running them.

Market PvP.

Small scale roaming in low sec.

Factional warfare for comic relief.

COSMOS missions.

Occasional PvE missions.

Stealth insertions and assassinations in null sec.

Have fun

• ProkaryotikProkaryotik Member Posts: 38

Do you do these things solo? or in a group? If its a group, is it puggable or do you have to be in a corporation?

Can you do these things early on in the game? If so, how do I get into them? :D

If it takes some preparation, what things would you recommend before doing so?

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

Scanning for rare sites and running them.

--> Solo (small group possible). Possible after a few weeks in the game. The easy ones in high sec .. after a few days.

Market PvP.

--> Solo. Anytime. Better profit with higher skills

Small scale roaming in low sec.

--> Small Group of friends or corp. Possible on day 1. Even a newb can drop a point (stop a ship from escaping).

Factional warfare for comic relief.

--> Small to Medium Group, can be strangers of same faction. Possible on day 1. Even a newb can drop a point (stop a ship from escaping). A bit chaotic. Sometimes solo PvP possible - mediated dueling with honorable enemies.

COSMOS missions.

--> Solo. Possible after a few weeks in the game.

Occasional PvE missions.

--> Solo. Possible after a few weeks in the game. The easy ones in high sec .. after a few days.

Stealth insertions and assassinations in null sec.

--> Small Group. After months (high skills needed).

Pirate hunting in asteroid belts

--> Solo or small groups. In high sec possible on day 1.

Recommendations:

Do all tutorials. Do Sisters of EVE story arc for new players.  Tons of ships and items for free. Plenty of mechanics explained.

Then join "EVE University" corp  or another corp training new players.

Then ... do whatever you like.

Have fun

• mark2123mark2123 Member UncommonPosts: 450
    Eve seems to be an excuse to do something else other than live an interesting life. People spending all night 'talking to friends' in chat. Seriously.
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by Prokaryotik

Just kidding,

What do you guys do on a daily basis in the game? I'm more of a structured type of person when it comes to games but EVE is just so intriguing. I know that it's supposed to be the world that you can do whatever you want when you want but... what do you guys do with that freedom?

kill kill kill, gather intel, sabotage, kill.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"