Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You are going to get crushed playing Crowfall

ParepinParepin Member UncommonPosts: 257

If you don't have a Shadowbane or Darkfall background you will get crushed in this game.  

These players will camp your cities day and night.  They will tear down walls at 3 AM while you sleep.  They will make siege timers on your cities be the most inconvenient time for you.  They will spawn camp you until you log out of the game.  They will out class and out level you.  They will have dedicated leaders that are willing to kill their own players in order to win a siege or simply win a mine.

Are you really ready for this game?

Just stating the obvious about what Crowfall will be at its core: Player conflict (PVP)

Comments

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    I love all of that....the only thing I don't love about it is this game will attract every lowlife griefer in the pc universe and the community will be straight up crap.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • kenpokillerkenpokiller Member UncommonPosts: 321

Crowfalls really cute.

It's not untill they release resources which you can camp 24/7 and pay out real life money untill I will take it seriously.

Yup, I run armies international. I'm ready :')

Sway all day, butterfly flaps all the way!

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by Parepin

If you don't have a Shadowbane or Darkfall background you will get crushed in this game.  

These players will camp your cities day and night.  They will tear down walls at 3 AM while you sleep.  They will make siege timers on your cities be the most inconvenient time for you.  They will spawn camp you until you log out of the game.  They will out class and out level you.  They will have dedicated leaders that are willing to kill their own players in order to win a siege or simply win a mine.

Just stating the obvious about what Crowfall will be at its core: Player conflict (PVP)

This seems like advertising.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701

ya ya heard it all before...

until the game comes out and we see if its even worth playing past the first month i wouldnt worry about any of those things.

Unless it really hits off I doubt we'll see 24/7 action.

Although their take on a resource as currency could work.

I just hope they add real-life money as reward.

That's the only way to make rebirth work.

• Charlie.CheswickCharlie.Cheswick Member UncommonPosts: 469
    If all the hard core PVPers play Crowfall, who'll be playing CU?
    -Chuckles
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

I'll take "Dude that got rolled in Shadowbane for 200," please.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    Don't worry though, after you lose you can start over and relive every painful moment again and again in each new world.

• andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970
    Dont forget they will have a wallet driven economy as well. 
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Sounds like is going to be really popular for about 6 months.
  • ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Release date prease.  

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604
    Originally posted by Charlie.Cheswick

those that like to sleep at night rather than defend their virtual city

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by hockeyplayr

Where are you guys getting the 3AM zerg thing from? Was that in one of the FAQs or blogs?

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604
    Originally posted by Loktofeit
    Originally posted by hockeyplayr

Where are you guys getting the 3AM zerg thing from? Was that in one of the FAQs or blogs?

I'm just going based on the OPs statements. 

• VelocinoxVelocinox Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    It's the same with all sandbox PvP MMOs... Everyone thinks they will be the ones kicking the others around. Since that obviously can't happen (not everyone can win) the ones that get their dreams crushed will leave for their chance to kick people around on the next PvP sandbox. That's why PvP sandboxes spike in popularity and then drain when the winners establish their position.

'Sandbox MMO' is a PTSD trigger word for anyone who has the experience to know that anonymous players invariably use a 'sandbox' in the same manner a housecat does.

When your head is stuck in the sand, your ass becomes the only recognizable part of you.

No game is more fun than the one you can't play, and no game is more boring than one which you've become familiar.

How to become a millionaire:
    Start with a billion dollars and make an MMO.

Originally posted by andre369
    Dont forget they will have a wallet driven economy as well. 

http://www.warofconquest.com/docs/doc_introduction.htm

Better then a nobrain reply I suppose

• MagicabbageMagicabbage Member Posts: 93

am I ready for it? nah, looks cheesy, personally. Hardcore players that like these types of games make up about 10% or less of the MMO population.

Most people consider hardcore games to involve deep crafting systems. super hard raid bosses and no maps/compasses/arrows ect. and 90% PVE.

games that are 90% PvP never do well. History tells us that.

MMO Games that are 100% PvP fail after the first month or the community is so low that there isn't much to do.

I love customization and this game doesn't look that deep. imo

I dunno. I do not ever trust the hype machine. EVER. I like what I like and don't believe what others tell me.

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    Is this a warning or an endorsement?

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Siege timers are decided by the defending nation. So no, people won't be destroying your city while you sleep. 
  • KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,185

But if the combat is garbage then Darkfall players wont bother with it. Especially with DFO's immanent return. I have maybe 1 out of 10 interest in CrowFall. Sorry.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    It's funny how Shadowbane and Darkfall are mentioned, as if those games are the epitome of good pvp.
  • sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950
    If they do it right I'll have options like i do in EVE to avoid unwanted fights. If not, good luck to em.
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Originally posted by zymurgeist

I could write all the useful information in this thread on a microdot with a crayon.

You might want to wait until after the information is available before jumping to conclusions next time.

Originally posted by Viper482
    I love all of that....the only thing I don't love about it is this game will attract every lowlife griefer in the pc universe and the community will be straight up crap.

You can't be griefed in Crowfall. Depending on what circle the campaign is in what is normally thought of as griefing is how you play the game.

So in other words, it's sanctioned griefing. 

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• HellidolHellidol Member UncommonPosts: 476
    sounds like a ton o fun.,....cant wait! oh and bring it on!

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207
    Originally posted by Velocinox
    It's the same with all sandbox PvP MMOs... Everyone thinks they will be the ones kicking the others around. Since that obviously can't happen (not everyone can win) the ones that get their dreams crushed will leave for their chance to kick people around on the next PvP sandbox. That's why PvP sandboxes spike in popularity and then drain when the winners establish their position.

You forgot about the part where the losing players reroll to the winning side until there's no one to fight and everyone gets bored.