Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG with samurai class or katana swords?

dannyfpsdannyfps Member Posts: 3
Hey, can anyone suggest me a mmo game that has katana swords/ samurai class, a game with good customization. id like a game where its not based on having 100s of abilities and having all these ability tabs on my screen, but a fighting system based on tactic. Also maybe not so much supernatural powers, flames etc. Maybe abit realistc, not people with wings and swords with flames on it....  i have played demon souls i enjoyed it alot, but i wish it was a open world, something similar would be great.  sorry for my terible english and i hope u understand what im looking for

Comments

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604
    blade and soul
  • x3cutoRx3cutoR Member UncommonPosts: 37

Swordsman Online

• plyrofmmoplyrofmmo Member UncommonPosts: 25
    Originally posted by dannyfps
    Hey, can anyone suggest me a mmo game that has katana swords/ samurai class, a game with good customization. id like a game where its not based on having 100s of abilities and having all these ability tabs on my screen, but a fighting system based on tactic. Also maybe not so much supernatural powers, flames etc. Maybe abit realistc, not people with wings and swords with flames on it....  i have played demon souls i enjoyed it alot, but i wish it was a open world, something similar would be great.  sorry for my terible english and i hope u understand what im looking for

As far as I know you have 2 choices.

Ultima Online: Samurai Empire or Blade Chronicle from Japan.

So in other words, no one has made a good Samurai MMO.

Many are looking for what you are but not enough for anyone to make the game.

• bloodborne12bloodborne12 Member Posts: 20
    Black Desert has a samurai class. I think it's called Blader but it's designed based on samurai.
  • SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    Warframe. I know its not what you want but swords are totaly katana-like. Even named like some, skana, dual skana, nikana...

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• dannyfpsdannyfps Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by x3cutoR

Swordsman Online

Doesnt look like swordsman online have katanas nor samurai class?

Originally posted by plyrofmmo

As far as I know you have 2 choices.

Ultima Online: Samurai Empire or Blade Chronicle from Japan.

So in other words, no one has made a good Samurai MMO.

Many are looking for what you are but not enough for anyone to make the game.

Blade chronicle looks interesting, gona check that out. Yeah i wish some one would make a game the way some of us want it to be.

Originally posted by bloodborne12
    Black Desert has a samurai class. I think it's called Blader but it's designed based on samurai.

I have heard alot of good about black desert, but isnt it only in asia, or can i play it since im from eu?

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    FFXI has a samurai class and ninja class but you can't unlock them till after level 30, but you level up fast in the game so doesn't matter. Its going for like 10$ (P2P game) till June 1st.
  • BalianWolfieBalianWolfie Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Hellgate.

• DarkHighDarkHigh Member UncommonPosts: 157

Archeage - classes that use nodachi, play eastern race and get the real asian vibe your looking for.

• makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096

There is only one game that I know that fits all that too the T, and that is Ulitma Online. 

• makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    Originally posted by DarkHigh

Archeage - classes that use nodachi, play eastern race and get the real asian vibe your looking for.

Did you even read his post haha, or just the head line. He said not a game with 100s of abilitys on the screen, super powers, semi realistic, 10000000s percent arche age does not fit that. Not even alittle bit. 

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145
    Ultima Online ..even got a expansion named after it   :P
  • dannyfpsdannyfps Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by NightHaveN
    Age of Wushu/KungFu?

They used motion capture with real martial arts experts. At least in animation and spirit should be the closest thing.

i tried age of wushu, its a good game, but not based on samurais, more chinese.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Originally posted by NightHaveN

Age of Wushu/KungFu?

They used motion capture with real martial arts experts. At least in animation and spirit should be the closest thing.

This but make sure you play the European version called Age Of Wulin.