Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Keys being sold.

Grrar87Grrar87 Member UncommonPosts: 26
I have been seeing a trend of late where 1000's of keys are gone in under an hour.  Then I'll see a post shortly after with people selling said keys. This is done by people who make a bunch of random accounts just to steal more keys.  I would love to see MMORPG put a staggering key release  where people with accounts over a year old or that are active get a chance at getting keys before you just give them to anyone.  This way gamers key the keys not money grubbers. Not a big gap maybe a day or three, but all you have to do is look at the last cabal 2 key drops to see how bad it's gotten.

Comments

• Grrar87Grrar87 Member UncommonPosts: 26

And yet again it happens. Am I really the only one that sees this?

• centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527
    You aren't the only one.  There are lots of us out there who did not get into the Cabal 2 beta who are not enthused with how it was managed.  Of course this is the kind of beta where you just have the three weekends and then to open beta so it is not as important as it was for any of the longer betas like things used to be.
  • VelocinoxVelocinox Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    Originally posted by Grrar87
    I have been seeing a trend of late where 1000's of keys are gone in under an hour.  Then I'll see a post shortly after with people selling said keys. This is done by people who make a bunch of random accounts just to steal more keys.  I would love to see MMORPG put a staggering key release  where people with accounts over a year old or that are active get a chance at getting keys before you just give them to anyone.  This way gamers key the keys not money grubbers. Not a big gap maybe a day or three, but all you have to do is look at the last cabal 2 key drops to see how bad it's gotten.

Then they wouldn't be able to point to their user database and sell ads based on 1.21 jiggausers.

'Sandbox MMO' is a PTSD trigger word for anyone who has the experience to know that anonymous players invariably use a 'sandbox' in the same manner a housecat does.

When your head is stuck in the sand, your ass becomes the only recognizable part of you.

No game is more fun than the one you can't play, and no game is more boring than one which you've become familiar.

How to become a millionaire:
    Start with a billion dollars and make an MMO.

• centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527
    Sure they would.  I don't think anyone is asking for ALL of the keys to be released only to the 5 year old or 300 posts people.  People are looking for SOME of the keys to be restricted to the actual long term users of the site.  I'd bet that if they released 800 keys that were open to anyone and 200 keys restricted to people who were 5 years old or older or over 300 posts, that the 800 keys would go long before the 200 keys.
  • stalker989stalker989 Member UncommonPosts: 34
    Originally posted by centkin
    Sure they would.  I don't think anyone is asking for ALL of the keys to be released only to the 5 year old or 300 posts people.  People are looking for SOME of the keys to be restricted to the actual long term users of the site.  I'd bet that if they released 800 keys that were open to anyone and 200 keys restricted to people who were 5 years old or older or over 300 posts, that the 800 keys would go long before the 200 keys.

Overall I agree with your point, but as you can see I have been an "active" member for a long time, but rarely post or reply unless I feel compelled to address something. Therefore, I am not sure about the 300 posts, but length of time and at least some activity would be preferable if this is going on. I haven't bothered trying to get any keys so I have no skin in the game, so to speak.