Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neverwinter: XBox One Version Becomes Top Seller on XB Live

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Perfect World and Cryptic Studios have announced that the XBox One version of Neverwinter has become the number one free to play title. Over 1.6M players have downloaded the console title since it launched earlier this spring.

In addition to the millions of players currently adventuring through the Forgotten Realms, Neverwinter players have also achieved incredible feats while battling iconic Dungeons & Dragons monsters in the first free-to-play MMORPG on Xbox One. These accomplishments include:

• 2.3 million characters created with over 92,000 reaching the level 60 cap

• 86 million minutes of Neverwinter played

• 16 billion Astral Diamonds earned

• 10 million parties formed

• Over 1 billion enemies slain including Undead, Orcs and Bandits

• 92 players have killed over 1,000 dragons

Read more on the Neverwinter site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• IczerIczer Member UncommonPosts: 116

First!

My 7 year old took to this game with no problems ... me, at 44, couldn't quite get into it so easily. I couldn't get past the constant questing.

• parpinparpin Member UncommonPosts: 220

how many of those people who downloaded are still playing??

it was the first ftp mmo on xbox so obviously many downloaded it..to check it out..there was no competition ..its only FTP mmo and downloaded by 1,6 million only..FTP are being downloaded by ton of people..the question is" how many active players it got as of today??"

another misleading..advertisement BS.

• PsYcHoGBRPsYcHoGBR Member UncommonPosts: 482
    Quite a few on my xbox friends list play this and are still playing it. Looking forward to ESO on Xone.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Great to see this game doing amazing on Xbox One.

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    How can a game that is free be a "top seller"?

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Originally posted by MadDemon64
    How can a game that is free be a "top seller"?

Indeed. Must be a starter pack of some sort.. They are usually 19.99. I havent seen the Live store but I would expect that they have that plastered on there trying to make it less obvious that you dont need to purchase it.

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679

XBox version hasn't got Mod 6 yet. The pc players appear to be acting as beta testers for the XBox version.

And it depends how the economy is on the XBox version. It was wrecked more or less from day one on the pc side, due to certain exploits which could net players millions of astral diamonds, the in game currency.

Up to Mod 5 it wasn't a bad game if you avoided the obvious wallet traps. Mod 6 is terrible, it's already been reported on here that the lead developer issued an apology for the state of it.

One thing's sure, if Mod 6 does arrive on XBox it will look nothing like the version handed out to the pc players.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Goes to prove the console community is starving for mmorpgs. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    I don't have Xbox Live on my Xbox One because I don't want the kids playing on the internet.  They wanted this game because some of their friends are playing it.   Going to have to wait a few years.
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Wish it was on the ps4, would pick it up in a heartbeat. I played it a lot when it first came out on pc, but I have a feeling it would really suit consoles, its quite a fun game.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by YashaX
    Wish it was on the ps4, would pick it up in a heartbeat. I played it a lot when it first came out on pc, but I have a feeling it would really suit consoles, its quite a fun game.

it is coming to PS4, we just dont know when. Im glad it is a success on XB and im waiting for the PS4 version. Not touching it on PC anymore (i have my reasons). Same goes for ESO and FFXIV.

• CryolitycalCryolitycal Member UncommonPosts: 205

Guys on consoles, so naive lol. Or maybe just a lack of alternatives.

This game is an insult to any former Neverwinter Nights player or MMO/D&D fans. Pay to Win is the lifeblood of this game, there are NEVER timely fixes for HUGE bugs that destroy it, botting is rampant (you can't even accuse people that do it, since it's so damn hard to make astrals the legit way - by playing).

PvP is horribad and fully ruled by market exploites/botters/p2w people, while the new guy has ZERO catch-up mechanics lol. 

Meh, can go on on and on, but not worth it. Just a joke of a game. Such a shame since the combat mechanics are so good, if the game had proper raiding or a serious season-based PvP implementation, it could be the best MMO out there.

• meonthissitemeonthissite Member UncommonPosts: 917
    Originally posted by Cryolitycal

This game is an insult to any former Neverwinter Nights player or MMO/D&D fans. Pay to Win is the lifeblood of this game, there are NEVER timely fixes for HUGE bugs that destroy it, botting is rampant (you can't even accuse people that do it, since it's so damn hard to make astrals the legit way - by playing).

PvP is horribad and fully ruled by market exploites/botters/p2w people, while the new guy has ZERO catch-up mechanics lol. 

Meh, can go on on and on, but not worth it. Just a joke of a game. Such a shame since the combat mechanics are so good, if the game had proper raiding or a serious season-based PvP implementation, it could be the best MMO out there.

While I agree with you on the enchanting being pay to win, the rest of it is actually not that bad. I've looked at the PC version and much of what you're complaining about will be changing soon on the console EE launch with the changes they are proposing. So we'll see what happens next. I suggest all MMOs be changed to a console version because there's one thing that the console game fans have that the PC gamers lack, and that's a strong sense of quality. For example, while the players of both STO and PC NWO are sitting around thinking everything is perfectly fine and no one should complain, the console NWO fans are demanding updates and they are getting them!

Naive? No. Better for the industry overall? Yes.

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    Originally posted by meonthissite

While I agree with you on the enchanting being pay to win, the rest of it is actually not that bad. I've looked at the PC version and much of what you're complaining about will be changing soon on the console EE launch with the changes they are proposing. So we'll see what happens next. I suggest all MMOs be changed to a console version because there's one thing that the console game fans have that the PC gamers lack, and that's a strong sense of quality. For example, while the players of both STO and PC NWO are sitting around thinking everything is perfectly fine and no one should complain, the console NWO fans are demanding updates and they are getting them!

Naive? No. Better for the industry overall? Yes.

Have you seen the PC forum?

Forum poll currently running at 84% voting for cannot stand the latest mod. Over 44 pages of complaints on the Elemental Evil expansion.

Devs forced to apologize, and now coming out with a roadmap to try and recover the situation. Its all here:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?688-General-Discussion

'Everything is happy with the pc guys'? Complete opposite.

• CryolitycalCryolitycal Member UncommonPosts: 205
    Originally posted by meonthissite

While I agree with you on the enchanting being pay to win, the rest of it is actually not that bad.

I played this game on PC up to Mod 5 up to the highest echelon on PvP, so I'd know stuff about it. I know the exploits, I know how you got gear, I know who P2W, I know who bought AD from sellers, to be honest even I ended selling my account which was all BiS/near BiS with about 80 millions of AD in it too.

The game has the best combat system EVER in a MMO in it, but the rest of it is horribad, and P2W is the mother of all that is worse in MMOs - especially with 0 (ZERO) gear catch-up system in place.

Just give it a year on your consoles - you'll come to see the truth.

As for the PC gamers being happy with it?!? LOL. The mods ban people in DROVES just by simply stating things about the game. You can't even criticize the devs, it is "unconstructive".

Leave NW now, you'll later regret the time you spent here, it's the best option. I know nobody will heed my advice, but when you DO leave - and you will - remember this post.