Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this game moving forward ?

ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
FOR ME....the game has gotten quiet since late last year. Perhaps I just haven't been paying attention. Can someone in the know  let us know what's going or not going on ?

Comments

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Have you tried going to their site?

This was posted a few weeks ago:

https://www.therepopulation.com/index.php/news/188-15-2-1-build-update

Here's their forum link:

https://www.therepopulation.com/forums/index.php

More info there, as well.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• joshuahallsjoshuahalls Member UncommonPosts: 78

New build is most likely coming out Thursday, we have other things forthcoming shortly afterwards.

Those who have followed us over time know we do bursts of PR and then we tend to go a bit quiet and get back to the grind stone. Doing a lot of PR typically takes me or others off task as pretty much everyone involved is doing development work of some sort (short of a few support folks, but they help out with QA as well).

We should start picking up more PR, but work has been going pretty good on development.

Joshua Halls
    Co Owner-Lead Programmer The Repopulation

• GallbindusGallbindus Member Posts: 4

I have been watching this game for a while and I have started playing just recently.  WOW ... I am not easily impressed and have rarely talked games up since back in SWG times, but this is different.  I am hooked and am frantically going through all my contacts from back in the old days to get them in game.  Thanks ABT ... I look forward to many sleepless nights together. 

Oh and yes, it most certainly is moving. Or so it seems to this happy Newbie ...

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Are there other players to interact with at all times?  Or does everyone log in for a few days after an update, then dwindle away?  I bought the SotA early access, and the second is definitely the trend there.  Seems no one wants to invest time into a game that's going to have wipes, even if they knew about the wipes going in.
  • JC-SmithJC-Smith Member UncommonPosts: 421
    Originally posted by MightyUnclean
    Are there other players to interact with at all times?  Or does everyone log in for a few days after an update, then dwindle away?  I bought the SotA early access, and the second is definitely the trend there.  Seems no one wants to invest time into a game that's going to have wipes, even if they knew about the wipes going in.

I think most alpha games (including Repop) do suffer from this issue. There are some players who log over a thousands hours of playing time but most tend to play for quite a while and then not get into the habit of checking back for a stint after each patch while waiting for launch.

• Chupacabra7779Chupacabra7779 Member Posts: 6
    I played it a week ago and it was great. They are working on it and constantly I see improvements
  • Chupacabra7779Chupacabra7779 Member Posts: 6
    I am currently in the game and it seems to me that they are working very hard since they are constantly updating/Patching. I feel it is improving all the time.
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    I just picked it up the other night and I was impressed how finished and much depth they currently have in game.

The only thing I think needs a lot of work is combat. It feels clunky and very unfinished. I think they will have it in much better shape for launch.