Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Managing Inventory and loosing the will.

2»

Comments

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    All my money in ESO went to bank slots and bag slots. I did not need money for anything. I have tailoring,woodworking and blacksmithing with a bit of the alchemy and the enchanting too. So yes I had a problem so initially I made alts that held food items another the runes. After awhile I also deconstructed everything I found except those I needed for tailoring and woodworking but I prioritized on certain traits this way I deconstructed everything else. You cannot be a pack rat it will sap your will to play. Pick some crafts and abandon the rest. Also sell the tier below crafting ingredients you do not need them. Forget equipping your alts until you get enough bank and inventory space or else you will most certainly be overwhelmed. I started a couple of months ago and now my bag has many empty spaces now when I hunt or quest.
    Chamber of Chains
  • baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by cheyane
    All my money in ESO went to bank slots and bag slots. I did not need money for anything. I have tailoring,woodworking and blacksmithing with a bit of the alchemy and the enchanting too. So yes I had a problem so initially I made alts that held food items another the runes. After awhile I also deconstructed everything I found except those I needed for tailoring and woodworking but I prioritized on certain traits this way I deconstructed everything else. You cannot be a pack rat it will sap your will to play. Pick some crafts and abandon the rest. Also sell the tier below crafting ingredients you do not need them. Forget equipping your alts until you get enough bank and inventory space or else you will most certainly be overwhelmed. I started a couple of months ago and now my bag has many empty spaces now when I hunt or quest.

am i missing something? unless your trade skill level is maxed, why would you not need the lower tier mats? why not just use it to help level it then deconstruct?

if it's multiple tiers lower it doesn't give a lot of xp so i can see possibly selling that and maybe using that money to buy higher tier mats.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101

Experience from deconstructing your own crafted items is pitiful . Selling gives you the money to buy more bank and bag space. I maxed my bag fast and I also upgraded the horse inventory too. The daily quests require higher tier materials. My character is only level 33 and I managed that .

It makes more sense to sell the crafting tier you no longer use and buy cheap crafted stuff and deconstruct those if you want but my crafting more than keeps up with my level. My restoration staff is only lacking one trait the nirnhoned one which is very difficult to get. Mind you I have several crafts but I only use one weapon and have two heavy armor and one medium and rest cloth. I decide early which parts of my body (heavy chest and legs),medium arms and concentrate on researching those armour parts only. This way you again cut down even further on what you keep to research.

Chamber of Chains
  • LheiahLheiah Member UncommonPosts: 190

Yeh, a good bit of my game play is logging in and out of various alts to manage inventory. So immersive, I luvs it. I have nothing better to do with my time.

That was sarcasm, for those that need a disclaimer.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by cheyane
    Experience from deconstructing your own crafted items is pitiful . Selling gives you the money to buy more bank and bag space. I maxed my bag fast and I also upgraded the horse inventory too. The daily quests require higher tier materials. My character is only level 33 and I managed that . It makes more sense to sell the crafting tier you no longer use and buy cheap crafted stuff and deconstruct those if you want but my crafting more than keeps up with my level. My restoration staff is only lacking one trait the nirnhoned one which is very difficult to get. Mind you I have several crafts but I only use one weapon and have two heavy armor and one medium and rest cloth. I decide early which parts of my body (heavy chest and legs),medium arms and concentrate on researching those armour parts only. This way you again cut down even further on what you keep to research.

yes but crafting gear a tier below is still decent xp. but yeah, i see what you are saying if you use it to buy higher level mats or gear to deconstruct.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by Lheiah

Yeh, a good bit of my game play is logging in and out of various alts to manage inventory. So immersive, I luvs it. I have nothing better to do with my time.

That was sarcasm, for those that need a disclaimer.

So don't do it. It's perfectly viable to play just one character, vendor or sell everything through a guild store and just buy whatever crafted items you want.

You can't manage 8 characters and then whine about how much time it takes to manage 8 characters... or at least, you shouldn't in most places. These forums seem to be the exception to that.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    There is a guy in belkrath in craglorn near the circle on the map that sells bag space fairly cheap.  I believe there are others idk where they are myself.  I do suggest you stop hoarding things that are fairly worthless like iron and ebony.  Just buy it from a guild store if you ever need it then dump it back.  There is also an addon that helps you manage inventory and guild store searches.  That is how they designed the game so it could be modified to suit your needs.
    Are you onto something or just on something?