Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a pokemon themed game...

RabelaisRabelais Member Posts: 8

Doesn't have to be MMO per se, which one is best, (for PC only please)  google just shows abandoned projects, scams and dead community games.

There's got to be something good in this space somewhere!

Any pointing in the right direction greatly appreciated.

I, and my 7 year old, thank you.

Rabe

Comments

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

Pokemmo has been going for a couple of years now.

https://pokemmo.eu/

Have to get roms to make it work though, but It's probably the best out there.

• monochrome19monochrome19 Member UncommonPosts: 723
    I would very much love a MMORPG in the style of Pokemon, but trust me, I've been googling this for years with no results. I'd play it even if it was 2d. But yeah, your best bet is Pokemmo like the above poster said.
  • venatisvenatis Member UncommonPosts: 42

You could wait for Moonrise, might be something you'd be interested in.

https://moonrisegame.com/

• RabelaisRabelais Member Posts: 8

Great, thank you both.

Downloading the game you mentioned.

Do you have suggestions on a single player pokemon PC game that might work as well?

He may not be ready for the full MMO experience, and I havent been able to find much in the SP space either.

Sorry I am so ignorant, ambush via netflix as usual. I'm too old for DS, and stopped played CCG before the card game came out. (which came first?)

Thanks again for all your help.

• SuntouchedSuntouched Member CommonPosts: 50

Ive been playing Minecraft Pixelmon, with the PixelSpark mod pack, its the closest ive seen to the pokemon game people want, its 3d and you can build houses, make a shop, catch pokemon evolve them etc. You can fight gym battles and even become gym leaders. Theres also a big stadium for competitions etc. Its been done really well and ive had alot of fun with it. 

Theres even a story mode you can do, if you not interested in the survival open world feel.

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by Suntouched

Ive been playing Minecraft Pixelmon, with the PixelSpark mod pack, its the closest ive seen to the pokemon game people want, its 3d and you can build houses, make a shop, catch pokemon evolve them etc. You can fight gym battles and even become gym leaders. Theres also a big stadium for competitions etc. Its been done really well and ive had alot of fun with it. 

Theres even a story mode you can do, if you not interested in the survival open world feel.

My kids play Pixelmon and it seems pretty good based on what I've seen (although I just can't seem to get onboard with Minecraft in general). 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• bloodborne12bloodborne12 Member Posts: 20
    Good news is Moonrise is the kind of game you are looking for. Bad news is the game is not released yet.