Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] Echo of Soul: A Popcorn MMO

2»

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Enjoying the game and plan to keep playing. Finally a game where I really can level up from nothing but pvp. If the game does not go Pay To Win I am home.

Also just want to point out that this game is so much better then Cabal 2.
  • kenpokillerkenpokiller Member UncommonPosts: 321
    Originally posted by Mikeha
    Enjoying the game and plan to keep playing. Finally a game where I really can level up from nothing but pvp. If the game does not go Pay To Win I am home.

We should team up ^^

Sway all day, butterfly flaps all the way!

Originally posted by kenpokiller

We should team up ^^

Sounds good to me!

Level 34 Beserker

IGN Vasto

Enjoying my popcorn. image

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363

We should team up ^^

Sounds good to me!

Level 34 Beserker

IGN Vasto

how is the game at mid lvl?

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    This and Cabal 2 are nothing I would play, but there seems to be a lot of interest in them so there seems to be fairly large group that likes this sort of game or they would not be making games like this.  About all you can say is play what you like.
    Originally posted by Skuall

We should team up ^^

Sounds good to me!

Level 34 Beserker

IGN Vasto

I started out doing the traditional questing like we do in other mmos but around level 30 I stopped and went to the Battlgrounds. Battlegrounds start at level 10 and you can truly level up from doing nothing but PVP and that's how I went from 30-34. I just purchased my 1st Full Set of Armor from earning pvp coins. The Armor you can buy with the PVP coins are from Battleground vendors so its totally different from the regular gear you get from questing. Next I am going to try to hit 35 which is the level for the 1st Group Dungeon. 

If you like Asain mmos its worth a try. Its a true FTP game so don't expect the quality of AAA.

Some things that I would like to point out about EOS.

Each class has 2 paths. My Warrior has Beserker ( DPS ) and Guardian ( Tank ). At level 10 you choose a main path but at level 25 you can open the other path up as a subclass. The levels carry over so you don't have to re level your sub.

You can choose 1 of  3 profession Collector, Alchemist and Jeweler. I choose Collector and my job is to gather the mats for the other professions. They also have Soul Crafting and Cooking which I think everybody can do if they wish. I have not spent a lot of time doing any of this since its beta.

Open World PVP is optional. If you want PVP join a Hostile Guild which can attack any other Hostile Guild. If you want PVE then join a PVE guild and never have to worry about being attacked. Guild will be able to ally so you can have a PVE guild ally with a PVP guild.

Just like Lineage 2 you don't get money from killing mobs are quest. You will have to play the market to make some coin. In Lineage 2 you would get a small amount of gold from mobs but in Echo Of Soul you dont get any.

Every mob kill gives you souls. These souls give you access to buffs that either increase your ATK, DEF, Crit or HP. You have to choose 1 out of the 4 but you can switch if you want. Its kinda cool when you hit that soul skill your character will grow colorful wings. So if you pvping and see a toon running at you with those Wings out you better be ready.

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363

so kinda like wow , u can have 2 specs.

Warriors and Guardians win here , since they can spec tank or dps :S

so kinda like wow , u can have 2 specs.

Warriors and Guardians win here , since they can spec tank or dps :S

The Stormguard can also spec Tank / DPS but they are more AOE.

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604

We should team up ^^

Sounds good to me!

Level 34 Beserker

IGN Vasto

I started out doing the traditional questing like we do in other mmos but around level 30 I stopped and went to the Battlgrounds. Battlegrounds start at level 10 and you can truly level up from doing nothing but PVP and that's how I went from 30-34. I just purchased my 1st Full Set of Armor from earning pvp coins. The Armor you can buy with the PVP coins are from Battleground vendors so its totally different from the regular gear you get from questing. Next I am going to try to hit 35 which is the level for the 1st Group Dungeon. 

If you like Asain mmos its worth a try. Its a true FTP game so don't expect the quality of AAA.

Each class has 2 paths. My Warrior has Beserker ( DPS ) and Guardian ( Tank ). At level 10 you choose a main path but at level 25 you can open the other path up as a subclass. The levels carry over so you don't have to re level your sub.

You can choose 1 of  3 profession Collector, Alchemist and Jeweler. I choose Collector and my job is to gather the mats for the other professions. They also have Soul Crafting and Cooking which I think everybody can do if they wish. I have not spent a lot of time doing any of this since its beta.

Open World PVP is optional. If you want PVP join a Hostile Guild which can attack any other Hostile Guild. If you want PVE then join a PVE guild and never have to worry about being attacked. Guild will be able to ally so you can have a PVE guild ally with a PVP guild.

Just like Lineage 2 you don't get money from killing mobs are quest. You will have to play the market to make some coin. In Lineage 2 you would get a small amount of gold from mobs but in Echo Of Soul you dont get any.

Every mob kill gives you souls. These souls give you access to buffs that either increase your ATK, DEF, Crit or HP. You have to choose 1 out of the 4 but you can switch if you want. Its kinda cool when you hit that soul skill your character will grow colorful wings. So if you pvping and see a toon running at you with those Wings out you better be ready.

How much gold can you get from pvping? So far I am only level 15 and it's been the only way I've been able to get a decent chunk of silver. 

Originally posted by hockeyplayr

We should team up ^^

Sounds good to me!

Level 34 Beserker

IGN Vasto

How much gold can you get from pvping? So far I am only level 15 and it's been the only way I've been able to get a decent chunk of silver. 

You get the Battlground Tokens from PVP. If you want to earn silver / gold sell everything either by auction house or town shops. The Enhance items like Runes and Jewels sell pretty well in the Auction house. Sell the junk you get from mobs to the town shops.

• XtenchenXtenchen Member UncommonPosts: 3
    I have been waiting for this game, i am disappointed, and yes after char creation u go from wooohooo, to wdf, did i enter a diff game.   I fall asleep, bc it is this boring.  Founder packs, i should of known, but hey, now i know better, lol  Glad i only paid for the $20 buck pack, lol   If they can make the GFX as sexy in game as creation, maps smaller, the maps are HUGE, mobs not sooooo many, u get annoyed going after a mob and here comes someone else dead and ur waiting again, lol

Hiyas, i go by Chen, or X... If you find a cool game and know me drop me a line which one!

• nhatnhat Member UncommonPosts: 166
    Originally posted by NightHaveN
    Wildstar gender locked? Since when nhat?

What they do, following a WOW kind of model is to limit classes per race, but no gender, unless you count the gender-less Chua. And for them there are girly pink style colors and hairstyles if you want. Also there are lore jokes about the Chua not public disclosure of sex.

But no worries, people that never go deep into anything do those kind of public mistakes.

No need to insult, everyone makes a mistake once in a while and said 1 thing wrong out of everything else I say so no need to pick at it too. I used the terminology wrong and meant race not gender locked. My bad.

• EdgeXEdgeX Member UncommonPosts: 39
    Originally posted by nhat
    Originally posted by NightHaveN
    Wildstar gender locked? Since when nhat?

What they do, following a WOW kind of model is to limit classes per race, but no gender, unless you count the gender-less Chua. And for them there are girly pink style colors and hairstyles if you want. Also there are lore jokes about the Chua not public disclosure of sex.

But no worries, people that never go deep into anything do those kind of public mistakes.

No need to insult, everyone makes a mistake once in a while and said 1 thing wrong out of everything else I say so no need to pick at it too. I used the terminology wrong and meant race not gender locked. My bad.

Did he really need too? You said you'd take EoS over WS. That's the most asinine shit I've ever heard.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I can't believe devs keep turning out these rehashed games.I assume from the entire design,it is just too easy and costs so little that they can keep turning these designs over and over based on a new face.

No healersonothing but solo spam and of course will reinforce heal pots for cas shop sale.

I have no idea why people keep supporting hand holding single player game designs in a mmo role playing game.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

2 more servers added today and its still closed beta. image
  • Fallen5Fallen5 Member UncommonPosts: 99
    hmm. Aion seems much better and is free too. and i think Aion is old enough that it would work on most pc's. if thats what this game was going for that is
  • thurlokothurloko Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Very cool, here a gameplay of the Archer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKnipow_m3Q
  • KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    Originally posted by thurloko
    Very cool, here a gameplay of the Archer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKnipow_m3Q

Great vid, thanks !

I like the style.  Sort of reminds me of an upgraded Shaiya.  I'd play this for a while at least.

EDIT: Oh what the hell, I could use a break from racking servers.  Aeria still has my account, yay!  (been a while)  Downloading.  I see they're still using Akamai.  Oh well, nothing a bandwidth shaper can't handle :-)

Last Aeria game I played was Scarlet something.  Ugh.  Hope this is better.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    Generic gameplay, pay2win, mediocre graphics, standard characters with ridiculously oversized weapons... I don't see why I should play this. I guess if you haven't played MMORPGs before this can be a lot of fun though. But I personally would expect more.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)