Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for New with very Good PvE Based MMO

SindarioSindario Member Posts: 1
Hey Everyone, I have recently finished playing World of Warcraft I have played practically since the day it was released but now I want to try something new. I am looking for MMO that has very good design PvE Content and good population of people, it can be very similar to WoW or not at all I don't really mind as long as there are Raids that I can enjoy :) It would be Best if it's free to play but If it's worth I can pay. However as I am saying Would reallly like it its free to play :) Thank you in advance for all responds :)

Comments

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610

Hey there. I'd suggest Elder Scrolls Online, Guildwars 2, Star Wars the Old Republic, Final Fantasy A Realm Reborn, The Secret World & Lord of the Rings Online for games with the best PvE.

SWTOR and LOTRO are F2P

ESO, GW2 and SW are Buy2P

FFARR Pay2P

SWTOR, FFARR and LOTRO are traditional tab based combat systems. Rest more action/reticle/aim based. IMO the best questing is ESO, SWTOR & SW.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Nice list, except you missed one line from OP:
    Originally posted by Sindario
     it can be very similar to WoW or not at all I don't really mind as long as there are Raids that I can enjoy :)

Raid is not really in the focus lately, WS tried it, but based on the reception and the latest changes it doesn't seem it turned out well for them :)

GW2 has only "gather up and whack the boss, zerg'nam style", the others have only limited versions of that (10-12-16 folks). *

If you want raids, you need to look further back. Personally I never was a big raid fan, but I'd vote AoC in this regard, has maybe the best (aka most fun) raids I've played. Used to add Helegrod in LotRO too, as honorary mention.

*edit: my bad, FFXIV has 24mans too... I really should check back once, never been there since the launch (and fiasco) of the first edition :)

• russ1struss1st Member Posts: 47
    If you want Raids try Rift. It has alot  of10/20 person raid instance
  • kenpokillerkenpokiller Member UncommonPosts: 321
    Firefall

Sway all day, butterfly flaps all the way!

• ZarriyaZarriya Member UncommonPosts: 446
    Originally posted by Po_gg
    Nice list, except you missed one line from OP:
    Originally posted by Sindario
     it can be very similar to WoW or not at all I don't really mind as long as there are Raids that I can enjoy :)

Raid is not really in the focus lately, WS tried it, but based on the reception and the latest changes it doesn't seem it turned out well for them :)

GW2 has only "gather up and whack the boss, zerg'nam style", the others have only limited versions of that (10-12-16 folks). *

If you want raids, you need to look further back. Personally I never was a big raid fan, but I'd vote AoC in this regard, has maybe the best (aka most fun) raids I've played. Used to add Helegrod in LotRO too, as honorary mention.

*edit: my bad, FFXIV has 24mans too... I really should check back once, never been there since the launch (and fiasco) of the first edition :)

FFXIV has done a big turn-around since then. I am really impressed with the changes. Its a very enjoyable and complete MMO.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    Lord of the rings online for  the sheer scale.The game  world is massive.Tons of content,tons of dungeons,skirmishes etc.Also has a fantastic community.Probably one of the best MMO communities around.Go on the Laurelin server and you cant go wrong.Hope that helps.Ps played Star wars and found it well not very good.Final fantasy reborn is also a good game with a good community.