Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please help fix Lord of the Rings Online rating.

Hi I am asking anyone who plays this game to review their rating of the game, the staff is clearly abusing its player base and many have trouble even connecting to the game let alone playing without frequent crash's. There is clear reports of problems that have gone unanswered for years and the quality of the game does not merit this high of a rating. If we can stop even one player from making the mistake of playing this game then perhaps things could change before the final installments are released. Thank you.

Comments

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Why would you want to stop someone from trying the game and drawing their own conclusions?  It's free to try.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by jeffkren
    Hi I am asking anyone who plays this game to review their rating of the game, the staff is clearly abusing its player base and many have trouble even connecting to the game let alone playing without frequent crash's. There is clear reports of problems that have gone unanswered for years and the quality of the game does not merit this high of a rating. If we can stop even one player from making the mistake of playing this game then perhaps things could change before the final installments are released. Thank you.

You do realize that if you were successful in your attempt it would result in more devs being fired or your game being shut down completely instead of getting fixed, right?

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098

I really think it would be good if mmo players stopped trying to "gang-up" on the devs/publishers to force them to change the game in ways they think are best. This kind of bitter retributive action- which I see time and again on these and other forums - just destroys the community and damages the game in question.

I know many people spend a lot of time in game and become attached to the game world, but we are just players. For the people involved in making and releasing the game it is their life, their livelihood. They implement ideas to improve the game in line with their vision and with the intent of improving or sustaining their game. They are not out to try and destroy the game, and they will likely put their heart and soul into making it the best experience possible. They can make mistakes or the game can just naturally lose popularity as it ages, but they are not out to "get you".

When ideas like the OP's gain momentum you can see a kind of mob mentality develop. An irrational hate train that works to destroy games, it is sickening. In reality its pretty simple, do you like the game with all its flaws enough to keep playing it? If you don't then just leave, it is extremely unlikely that the staff is abusing the playerbase. Don't be spiteful about it, remember the good times and go play something you like better.

Don't get me wrong- complaining about something/voicing your opinion is one thing- but this kind of blatant attack on a game and "call to arms" is just the wrong thing to do.

• Tabloid42Tabloid42 Member UncommonPosts: 200

This site accepts paid money to get in the trending charts.   Who cares if the Lotro rating is whatever it is. 

What did that game do to you, OP?  Kick your puppy?  

I loved that game,..and when I didn't , I stopped.  Occasionally popping in to see what's up.

Just walk away. but if you truely love it, don't tell others Not to play. Tell them to get on the official forums and voice their informed opinion after playing.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Nope, not going to change someones will to try a game. Especially for a very good game like this.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• SoloAnythingSoloAnything Member UncommonPosts: 308
    Even though I dont play anymore I loved GMS in LOTRO they kicked some serious ass when someone was abusive or ahole and got reported GMS would shut them off straight up. OP looks like he got what's he deserved.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard

That's the problem with this kind of rating system.

People have rated the game back when it was released, not nowadays.

Ratings should expire over time, with maybe a message sent to the person proposing to renew the rating. Then they would be more accurate.

An alternative system would be to add an option to only use ratings less than (e.g.) 2 years old.

I think ratings should be dated and then put in a different colour after they "expire" after say 2 years. You still see the rating but know its ages old.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Devs love pacifists,they ask for nothing and accept anything they are sold,used car salesmen love pacifists as well.

What bothers you more when yo usee a house being robbed?When some neighbors react and do something about it,or the pacifist who hide in their house and thinks "not my house,not my problem"??

Obviously pacifists are the worse=t blemish on gaming because if up to them ,nothing would ever improve,botting and cheating would run rampant because they are among the people that simply DO NOT CARE.

The people that actually care,want to cal lout a developer for being slack,lazy cheap,those are the people that force devs to get off their lazy ass and do something.

There is however one other problem,devs like SOE simply NEVER care,if their game is not making money,they will simply shut it down,they don't care about you the gamer who already invested time and money into the game.

How often have we seen a multi million dollar investment turnaround like FFXIV?NEVER the developer cares enough to keep trying and listen to people,we just do NOT see that anywhere,just ask the SWG fans or the RFO fans,or the SRO fans.When people don't speak up and/or the developer doesn't listen,those games die out badly.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• oldboygameroldboygamer Member Posts: 139
    No one cares what rating MMORPG gives games any more. This is my first time on here for months. Just play the games you like. As for crashes etc... in the OP's post, that's a load of bullshit.
  • stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Newer games that have not been released yet tend to have a higher rating (due to less vote / ratio).  That does not mean that they are better than older games.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• quixadhalquixadhal Member UncommonPosts: 215

I remember not liking the game much in beta.  About a year later, I tried it and was pleasantly surprised.... enough that I purchased it shortly before it went free-to-pay.  After hearing good things about some of the newer content, I tried to revisit the game about a month ago, only to discover that there is now some sound glitch where it no longer plays nice with my audio drivers.  Constant popping whenever the mouse moves.  No issues of any kind in any other game.

So, the game is now off my list, since from looking at similar complaints on the forums, it seems their devs are unwilling to put any effort into fixing things.  I would say the game is pretty fun (as it used to be!), but make sure you are using 100% known good hardware (compatible with THIS game) before you waste your time.

• plyrofmmoplyrofmmo Member UncommonPosts: 25

Thanx for reminding me to rate LotRO.

Gave it all 10s. I love LotRO, always play a few weeks out of the MMO rotation.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

I slightly updated the text part of the review but left my numbers.

I don't play it anymore as I don't like where the game went but I feel that is more based on my preference of what I wanted from a game and not what the game is trying to be.

As far as "what the game is" it is a decent to good quest grinder mmo. My numbers still hold up based upon what it is and what it is trying to do.

Changing the rating on this site means nothing. It's just for fun.

The only way you "might" change anything OP is to do so in an intelligent less whiny way on their main forums. I understand they have a player run council that is a voice for players so why don't you reach out to them in a "non whiny/complainy" way and see what you can do.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743
    It's a free to play game, there is no harm in trying it out for one self before coming to conclusions. 

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    The game has gone downhill since release, i don't think its much of a surprise that the ratings have suffered because of it, after all, if players hadn't moved on, the game would still be P2P image
  • phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738

You know I tried this a few times to just give the game a try as F2P since there is nothing else to do.  (Now when I say try I mean spend like 2-3 mins then give up and come back a couple weeks later)

But every time I have tried there is some issue with making an account and logging on.  But I never actually played the game, so I would not really rate it.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Guys, the OP started this discussion the middle of last month and hasn't posted since. In fact it's his only post ever. Let it goooo!

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• WandervWanderv Member Posts: 5

Thank you for this ridiculous post. I found my registration and set  all rates high 8-10 except performance.

I wonder how reducing players' number will 'fix' the game. Obviously result will be the opposite. Less money => less content and quality. Try to think before dive deep in emotions.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade

You do realize that if you were successful in your attempt it would result in more devs being fired or your game being shut down completely instead of getting fixed, right?

Is that what happened with FFXIV?

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by Wizardry
    Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade

Is that what happened with FFXIV?

SE is loaded compared to Turbine though.

SE has entire office buildings in LA/Tokyo and Turbine has a warehouse.