Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Destiny: Preview the House of Wolves Expansion

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Destiny will be growing with the House of Wolves expansion set to launch on May 19th and the devs want to give players a preview of things to come that includes new missions, quests, stories, bounties, the Reef social area,  all of which is designed to expand the universe and tell the story of Destiny.  Players can also look forward to a new cooperative arena that sports some awesome new gear.  Check out the other new features coming in House of Wolves and let us know what you think.

//config.playwire.com/1001557/videos/v2/3596694/zeus.json

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• zerocountzerocount Member UncommonPosts: 200

Lets hope it isn't another mini DLC disguised an expansion like first, £20 for that was overpriced I feel.

We shall see though, we shall see....

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    I understand this site does RPGs now, that is perfectly fine, but console only games really don't belong on this site in my opinion. 

Smile

Originally posted by Razeekster
    I understand this site does RPGs now, that is perfectly fine, but console only games really don't belong on this site in my opinion. 

To be fair this game is on par with Guildwars 1/2, The Crew and a multitude of similar game which are MMOlite.  No reason though why Console only games shouldn't be featured, Consoles can use controllers, keyboard and a mouse and are like mini PC's now.

Move with the times could be the slogan here.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

For "expansions" they are small, for DLC they are big, most DLC is about $15 so it makes sense they are $20 a piece.

You still get a lot more content with a "traditional" MMO expansion for around $40/50, but that is usually once every 12-18 months.

They are really making some good changes to the gear grind / customization at end-game. Very happy about that. I hope it is worthwhile for me to do the match-made level 28 Prison of Elders for a chance at Etheric Light and gear drops.

Shouldn't be too hard to find 2 friends online to do the level 32/34/35 versions, but I really hope the 28 version isn't just a replacement for grinding ROC strikes for Vanguard marks.

Some good economy changes with the Speaker's exchange system. I'm interested to see what they do with Xur.

I'm expecting the story/bounties/strike to be about the same caliber as in the first expansion - which is fine, I think they did a good job with those missions - minus the Omnigul "fight."

Very happy about reforging of weapons. Trials of Osiris could be neat. Hope the Queen's Wrath event they bring back is better than before.

I'm stoked for it. Just leveling up my last few Exotics and saving up materials and glimmer. 

The REAL kicker will be the little details in the patch notes.

Hopefully some crappy Exotics get some buffs, and Auto Rifles in general get a buff. Also glad they are doubling Crucible rewards. That was a grind and a HALF to get to Rank 3 and buy my Three Little Words.

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Originally posted by zerocount

To be fair this game is on par with Guildwars 1/2, The Crew and a multitude of similar game which are MMOlite.  No reason though why Console only games shouldn't be featured, Consoles can use controllers, keyboard and a mouse and are like mini PC's now.

Sorry... Just, no. I will never consider a console to be anything close to a PC. They are inferior. They do the job, but with this influx of PC MMORPGs that also happen to be console games too (not referring to Destiny here, just in general), consoles hold back PC MMORPGs from their true potential. Seeing it with FFXIV right now, actually.

Smile

Myself I feel totally ripped off by the first Destiny DLC, it looks like they spent £5.00 on marketing, £1.00 on original content, £9.00 on ripping the original idea and coding for the game to shreds so they could release an incomplete product, £5.00 "profit".

The story was doubled and updated by a 1mb "free" patch...

Oh and I enjoy what the game is but so far refuse to pay another £20 for the next DLC although I will admit it does look a wee bit better.  As for PC/Console war... Get over yourself there are many PC's out there with a lot less overall power than say a PS4 and I am mainly a PC user with a Titan GTX and PC to do it justice..

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Well at least there will be a second town hub... Its sickening to have to do all the grind in Destiny in the exact same pieces of maps, but also there was a single town hub to make the lack of content feel even more obvious.

As for the value of the DLC, for the price they are charging i would expect at least a new class on top of whatever new grind they add.

• drtack1drtack1 Member UncommonPosts: 273

I want this on PC!

NOW.....

x_X

• MilanderMilander Member UncommonPosts: 178

Games, be they on Console, PC, mobile, pen and paper, they are all played by Gamers....

Myself I feel totally ripped off by the first Destiny DLC, it looks like they spent £5.00 on marketing, £1.00 on original content, £9.00 on ripping the original idea and coding for the game to shreds so they could release an incomplete product, £5.00 "profit".

The story was doubled and updated by a 1mb "free" patch...

Oh and I enjoy what the game is but so far refuse to pay another £20 for the next DLC although I will admit it does look a wee bit better.  As for PC/Console war... Get over yourself there are many PC's out there with a lot less overall power than say a PS4 and I am mainly a PC user with a Titan GTX and PC to do it justice..

another 20? I paid 15 TOTAL for the season pass when I purchased the game.....Glad I did now :)

Sorry... Just, no. I will never consider a console to be anything close to a PC. They are inferior. They do the job, but with this influx of PC MMORPGs that also happen to be console games too (not referring to Destiny here, just in general), consoles hold back PC MMORPGs from their true potential. Seeing it with FFXIV right now, actually.

So then you're deeply against the Steam boxes and all the rest of those 'PCs in a box" consoles as well right? As they are just consoles in essence not PCs.

• PsYcHoGBRPsYcHoGBR Member UncommonPosts: 482

You might want to look at the architecture of the new consoles. They are near enough PC's. This site is about gaming and that can be on any format be it console or PC.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-22-ps4-pc-like-architecture-8gb-ram-delight-developers

• MurmaiderMurmaider Member UncommonPosts: 123
    I'm looking forward to the expansion. After TDB leaving a bad taste, I feel Bungee learned a little and are doing some great things with HoW.

I agree that they should add a new class and a new sub class for characters.
    More than likely they will wait until the expansion that the season pass doesn't cover so everyone has to cough up the dough.

As far as this site posting about console games, I'm glad they do. I enjoy all games whether it be console or PC. I play both.
  • gonewildgonewild Member UncommonPosts: 136
    Screw this.Where is destiny 2?
  • loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944

is this one  for PC ?

irony..

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130

This is, possibly, the most tired argument in the history of mankind. Really sorry to burst your bubble, but PC holds back PC mmorpgs. Game devs are not going to develop an MMORPG, which is a niche market to begin with, where the market is saturated and 50% of the population is playing WoW (let alone people playing something else). Then! They're going to develop to another niche (high-end gamers). I mean a good graphics card is more costly than the average PC (no exaggeration). So, now devs are supposed to develop a niche game into a niche market for a super-niche crowd. Wow! I can hear their investors jumping to their death as we speak. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Don't even try Craz, it is literally impossible to argue with the "logic" that leads people to spend twice the $ to get the same performance, or literally thousands of $ more in order to get a higher resolution for a smaller screen...

Kudos to them - graphical fidelity being a #1 concern is great and all, but many of us have a "good enough" standard for graphics and are more concerned with gameplay.

Destiny is a beautiful game. I am often blown away by the scenery, and any up-close inspection of characters/weapons/gear reveals a brilliant level of detail.

But since it is not on PC, I'll make the "master race of nothing" happy by saying that it looks like a Nintendo game...

8 days to HoW.

Working on farming up a good reserve of Vanguard/Crucible marks to buy a few new toys from the vendors.

Still crossing my fingers Xur will be a good buy and sell a Titan Crest of the Alpha Lupi this Friday...

• TatercakeTatercake Member UncommonPosts: 286
    ba your ideals are jaded and foolish i pc and console game i am a true gamer from the old days of pong   i tend to have more fun on console games than  the pc games pc gamers tend to be very angry uptight  players and lack fun where console gamers tend to be more wild and fun but i love both  systems not a hater why are you a hater whats the point?
    Originally posted by Tatercake
    ba your ideals are jaded and foolish i pc and console game i am a true gamer from the old days of pong   i tend to have more fun on console games than  the pc games pc gamers tend to be very angry uptight  players and lack fun where console gamers tend to be more wild and fun but i love both  systems not a hater why are you a hater whats the point?

Here here...Power to the Gamer! Mind you...I have to say, I have not heard via PC gaming how people are going to track me down, and do various things (rape, murder, cut up into pieces) my mother because I happened to launch an explosive up their camping arse :) I mean ok...It's Call of Duty on xbox....trash talk is one thing, but the console kids these days take things too far....

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by BadSpock

Don't even try Craz, it is literally impossible to argue with the "logic" that leads people to spend twice the $ to get the same performance, or literally thousands of $ more in order to get a higher resolution for a smaller screen...

Kudos to them - graphical fidelity being a #1 concern is great and all, but many of us have a "good enough" standard for graphics and are more concerned with gameplay.

Destiny is a beautiful game. I am often blown away by the scenery, and any up-close inspection of characters/weapons/gear reveals a brilliant level of detail.

But since it is not on PC, I'll make the "master race of nothing" happy by saying that it looks like a Nintendo game...

8 days to HoW.

Working on farming up a good reserve of Vanguard/Crucible marks to buy a few new toys from the vendors.

Still crossing my fingers Xur will be a good buy and sell a Titan Crest of the Alpha Lupi this Friday...

You'll have to forgive me, it's Monday, so I obviously wasn't thinking. Duh!! How dare I bring logic to the forums!!! 

Oh! BTW, RE: Pong, I had a pong CONSOLE complete with faux wood front. Yes, it was a console and it only played pong, and I still remember it being awesome. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------