Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

mispost

time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062

please close this thread

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.

Comments

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348
    Originally posted by time007

Subject:

Hi all, I'm a returning player and was wondering about Cyrodiil, Emperorship, Keeps, and Scrolls these days?

Background:  I left the game about a year go, because after playing in Cyrodiil daily or every other day, I found that:

1.  The "best/strongest" guilds were just farmers that took keeps and scrolls at will with zero defenders bothering and would just flip keeps nonstop/very easily to get emperor for all their guildies very easily OR would just go to a small server, and flip keeps with nobody in them to get emperor for themselves

2.  scrolls were nothing and could be taken by like 2-5 people (not looking for a debate on this, or about how its ok as other games allow 1 or 2 people to do stuff like this so its fine)

3.  guilds would take scrolls and camp inside like a cave or small room and just farm players as they came in (they would use oil etc and just dump it when the players came in)

So a year ago, all this happened and I felt Cyrodiil players were just gaming the system and taking anything was really super easy and completely worthless and had no meaning

Is it still like this?  I mean it took me a solid 1-2 weeks to get from being a zerglet in Cyrodiil to actually being around "emperors and former emperors" to where I began to understand how everyone was gaming the system and how people stopped trying to take scrolls just to dominate but were just basically engaging in a 3 sided circle jerk for flipping empty keeps.  Is it still the same? has anything changed?  DONT POST AND FLAME ME ABOUT MY FORMER OPINION, I'm asking about people's feelings about Cyrodiil now.   I know we can chat and flame all day about how i'm negative, and stupid, and the game was never in the past like what I just wrote.  So please let me know how Cyrodiil is now and please don't debate me how I was wrong/stupid/noobish/leet etc with my viewpoint from a year ago. 

Note:  I was a 7 year Daoc player from back starting in 2002.  Originally you needed 200-300 guys for a "relic raid" (similar to taking a scroll) and it took like 2 hours just to drop the relic keep, not counting the half hour to 1 hour each we spent taking the necessary keeps to open the "relic keep".  Of course as time went on, the game sped up incredibly and you could take a keep in 5-10 minutes with 7 people, and instead of 200-300 people needed for a relic raid, you just needed 20-30 people. 

So the rate at which people flip keeps made it feel worthless in ESO a year go. 

Further Note:  I found bridge fights to be really fun, and having standoffs was cool, but once I got past that, the actual point of the game lost its value and appeal as it seemed cheap and not difficult to do anything and everything. 

Did you really intend to post this on the Guild Wars 2 forum?  You may be looking for Elder Scrolls Online:

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/821/view/forums/forum/1326/General-Discussion.html

• GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    Originally posted by Quizzical
    Originally posted by time007

Subject:

Hi all, I'm a returning player and was wondering about Cyrodiil, Emperorship, Keeps, and Scrolls these days?

Background:  I left the game about a year go, because after playing in Cyrodiil daily or every other day, I found that:

1.  The "best/strongest" guilds were just farmers that took keeps and scrolls at will with zero defenders bothering and would just flip keeps nonstop/very easily to get emperor for all their guildies very easily OR would just go to a small server, and flip keeps with nobody in them to get emperor for themselves

2.  scrolls were nothing and could be taken by like 2-5 people (not looking for a debate on this, or about how its ok as other games allow 1 or 2 people to do stuff like this so its fine)

3.  guilds would take scrolls and camp inside like a cave or small room and just farm players as they came in (they would use oil etc and just dump it when the players came in)

So a year ago, all this happened and I felt Cyrodiil players were just gaming the system and taking anything was really super easy and completely worthless and had no meaning

Is it still like this?  I mean it took me a solid 1-2 weeks to get from being a zerglet in Cyrodiil to actually being around "emperors and former emperors" to where I began to understand how everyone was gaming the system and how people stopped trying to take scrolls just to dominate but were just basically engaging in a 3 sided circle jerk for flipping empty keeps.  Is it still the same? has anything changed?  DONT POST AND FLAME ME ABOUT MY FORMER OPINION, I'm asking about people's feelings about Cyrodiil now.   I know we can chat and flame all day about how i'm negative, and stupid, and the game was never in the past like what I just wrote.  So please let me know how Cyrodiil is now and please don't debate me how I was wrong/stupid/noobish/leet etc with my viewpoint from a year ago. 

Note:  I was a 7 year Daoc player from back starting in 2002.  Originally you needed 200-300 guys for a "relic raid" (similar to taking a scroll) and it took like 2 hours just to drop the relic keep, not counting the half hour to 1 hour each we spent taking the necessary keeps to open the "relic keep".  Of course as time went on, the game sped up incredibly and you could take a keep in 5-10 minutes with 7 people, and instead of 200-300 people needed for a relic raid, you just needed 20-30 people. 

So the rate at which people flip keeps made it feel worthless in ESO a year go. 

Further Note:  I found bridge fights to be really fun, and having standoffs was cool, but once I got past that, the actual point of the game lost its value and appeal as it seemed cheap and not difficult to do anything and everything. 

Did you really intend to post this on the Guild Wars 2 forum?  You may be looking for Elder Scrolls Online:

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/821/view/forums/forum/1326/General-Discussion.html

I dun get it

lol...now I do...he wants the thread deleted

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    you hate, you get deleted.

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    I posted to the wrong forum

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.