Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

After 3 days..

SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698

Servers are finally back up.

I cant even care about this game anymore. I want to but I cant. They focus on the wrong things and expect players to accept it. Sure there are boot lickers that accept everything just like any other game would have but it is getting ridiculous now.

The islands are even smaller now after being " improved ". I cant imagine what will happen once OB arrives with each island not being able to handle very many claims before getting to clustered... Hundreds of servers on a list no doubt. Or when players struggle to get on a island with friends / get materials and pve due to being cramped.. Stupid.

They decided achievements were more important than polishing up building mechanics and adding shapes ( the templates they added are far to clunky to use ).  More important than core mechanics.

The " big update " ... Hah.

Still no player merchants. They were due several months ago.

Tree harvesting was supposed to visually improve a year ago. Never did.

The lands are still void of any life besides the few mobs and I think those only spawn in caves now. Where are the Deer , Birds , Squirrels , Bears etc? No life of any kind.

Combat hasnt been touched since it came in many months ago. The only thing they tweaked was mob damage.

AI is still terrible.

They went so far as to call the ocean a new biome after they made a few ocean props. How stupid do they think their players are? The few boot lickers not included of course.

Etc.

I cant even bring myself to give feedback anymore. They dont listen. I could go on an on. It doesnt matter. I am finally done.

Comments

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by SlyLoK

I cant even care about this game anymore. I want to but I cant. They focus on the wrong things and expect players to accept it. Sure there are boot lickers that accept everything just like any other game would have but it is getting ridiculous now.

The islands are even smaller now after being " improved ". I cant imagine what will happen once OB arrives with each island not being able to handle very many claims before getting to clustered... Hundreds of servers on a list no doubt. Or when players struggle to get on a island with friends / get materials and pve due to being cramped.. Stupid.

They decided achievements were more important than polishing up building mechanics and adding shapes ( the templates they added are far to clunky to use ).  More important than core mechanics.

The lands are still void of any life besides the few mobs and I think those only spawn in caves now. Where are the Deer , Birds , Squirrels , Bears etc? No life of any kind.

Combat hasnt been touched since it came in many months ago. The only thing they tweaked was mob damage.

AI is still terrible.

They went so far as to call the ocean a new biome after they made a few ocean props. How stupid do they think their players are? The few boot lickers not included of course.

Etc.

I cant even bring myself to give feedback anymore. They dont listen. I could go on an on. It doesnt matter. I am finally done.

What's that? Sorry, wasn't listening ;)

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• rafalex007rafalex007 Member Posts: 244

AI is still terrible.

Etc.

red : define wrong things ?? and do u think it's wrong or do every player think it's wrong?

blue : shame on you , u are an ( enter a bad word ) every thing suits u here 

• DaphonicDaphonic Member UncommonPosts: 42

I don't log in often to Reply but I had too.

I 100% Agree with you...

Why the Fuck do you make Achievements a Priority over Combat and PVE?!?! This patch was to reset claim flags to sell flags to people. It was to set in place a way to make more money off the game, that's all it was.

I'm Daphonic, I'm the Leader of Lethality, You'll remember what we did in Alpha the Super Claim City. Back than we had long talks with Dave and Omeed about how they wanted to bring in large crowds of people to do huge projects like we did. They wanted Landmark to be a Community game. It's been a year and I've only seen the game slide the other way.

I understand Daybreak needs to make money off of the game to survive. They are a "For Profit" Company, but things that were promised back than are still no were to be seen. If they want to make money, Offer Islands to Communities were we can do what we want on them.. Give us an Island were we can Build what ever want on it, So we can build our own City on it again.. Roads leading to an Ocean village.. or Dungeons.. Let us build our own world on an Island to people can explore the world we create.. Not some 750 x 750 x 750 small chunk.

Sorry for short reply, and shitty spelling, but on phone at work, I just need to throw my 2 cents out there.

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521

I'm impatient for content tools and more PvE content as well.  I was hoping the "defensive" abilities would be in this patch but were not.  That said LM is still very much in test and set up mode.  They expanded the achievement system I'm assuming to test its function as the main form of progression.  The "new biomes" are such because they are now procedurally capable, not just because they added props to the landscape.  They had to get the engine to do that automatically.

If you notice the islands are not centered to the total water surrounding it and in fact is only a 1/4 of the landmass that would make sense for the space... wonder why that is? /looks at the blueprint list of priorities.

As it is I'll see what the achievements are like along with the improved cave systems.  Once I've had my fill I'll go back to other titles that are engaging on a daily basis.  I won't be spending SC until we get content tools though.  I also need more full time activities and I'm not a builder.  Along with that means that I'm not the #1 priority, builders are and that's the intent.  They need to move in one progressive direction and building comes first.

• Elevenb4Elevenb4 Member UncommonPosts: 362
    THis is why I dont' play Alpha's and Beta's. I will a little just to check a few things out, but never more than a few hours. I wait until launch so I can get the full experience right off the bat and not burn out on partially finished games. 

-Unconstitutional laws aren't laws.-

• AwDiddumsAwDiddums Member UncommonPosts: 416

AI is still terrible.

Etc.

As soon as you had to denigrate those that do not have the same opinion as you by naming them "Bootlickers" I knew it was a complete waste of time taking your complaint seriously.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Have not logged into Landmark in a long time.  Waiting for better days. 

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Just because someone likes something or agrees with something the developer is doing, doesn't make them boot lickers.  It means they are enjoying the changes/developments.  Just because you disagree, doesn't mean everyone else in the world should follow.  Grow up.

I self identify as a monkey.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

AI is still terrible.

Etc.

I cant even bring myself to give feedback anymore. They dont listen. I could go on an on. It doesn't matter. I am finally done.

Hush. Just stop playing until they actually "release it".
    Your not going to lose out by not playing.

or...you can continue bang your head against the wall demanding that things happen NOW and to your exact specifications..

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145

/SHRUG  its bin clear for a while now that development has taken the wrong turn for landmark to be populair and profitable .. stopt playing ages ago..

maybe someday when they do a release i give it a look again but for now im staying away from the cow milking.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

he asked the question....how stupid do they think people are.

i think they believe people are very stupid,why else would they charge 30 bucks to play a grossly unfinished h1z1.also they got peopleto buy into an empty landmark game that had VERY little work put into it,so their trend on pfushing out lq unfinished games istaking true form.

i personally feel LM is a complete waste of time,it was a stop over gimmick to make money for NEXT as well as create assets for free andeven make more money off those same assets.

the end result might be to your liking in form of NEXT,however i very strongly doubt it will satisfy my standards.

this whlole ordeal,to all those naive gamers was to split NEXT into two parts to doublerthe profits.

since release,dioes it feel like a large team has been working ón it it.i would definitely say no way,the same very small effort going into ALL their games.It is too bad there is no law for a guy like Smedley outright lying with his cliams of giant patches and big effort.

bottom line is he has and will continue to fool many but some understand game design and an see his bs and the small effkort going into these games.too bad up  until eq2 i considered soe a solid developer.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by mgilbrtsn
    Just because someone likes something or agrees with something the developer is doing, doesn't make them boot lickers.  It means they are enjoying the changes/developments.  Just because you disagree, doesn't mean everyone else in the world should follow.  Grow up.

I agree with your sentirment - however OP simply said that there are bootlickers in every game, he didn't call all those who agree bootlickers.

My mistake then.  I'm kinda trigger happy with ppl when it comes to this.  There are so many that think that everyone has to enjoy the things they enjoy and dislike those they dislike.  If you don't agree, you are somehow stupid.  I guess I need to take a step back.

I self identify as a monkey.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by Elevenb4
    THis is why I dont' play Alpha's and Beta's. I will a little just to check a few things out, but never more than a few hours. I wait until launch so I can get the full experience right off the bat and not burn out on partially finished games. 

Yup, likewise.

Half-finished games are not my thing, as tempting as it may be to "get in early". The danger of burnout and frustration is far too great. I don't like the constantly changing environment and the temporary nature of everything. I don't play MMO's to start over from scratch every month or two.

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    LOL OP the problem you are having is at some point you started to understand people just can't trust smed. Welcome to the club. :-D
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• LegacyGameLegacyGame Member UncommonPosts: 132
    Just cut your losses and move on, nothing good can come from a company that green lit NGE and let their devs commit suicide over it. It doesn't matter if the company changes its name and fires a few people, it will always be SOE with Smed at the helm. 
  • PanzerbasePanzerbase Member Posts: 423
    All of this time and money thrown into alpha's and beta's, and for what? At the end of the day if a game breaks through and you sit there and say you were in beta... no one is going to give a shlt. 
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard

I for one like the changes a lot.

The islands are much better designed now, having up to three biomes (some islands have two biomes + the snow biome because they have high mountains), the caves are vastly improved and exploration is more fun than it ever was. I love the inland water and 'fjords", it makes some places just look jawdropping.

I also like that they are proposing basic buildings templates for when you first get your claim and don't have the mats to build your own stuff yet.

I like the removal of the maintenance fee and that you just have to log into the game to keep your claim.

Oh, and I like that there will no longer be character wipes and that I can start to progress with my final main.

They are definitely going in the right direction, they aren't there yet but it's encouraging.

My 2c as a brand new player who bought it Friday (didn't know there was a wipe until I started digging into the forums, excellent timing lol) I have to say after talking to people who have been in for a while that it seems they got most things right, and some are kinda confusing.

The fact that you basically only ever need to mine in order to craft is kinda perplexing.  Cloth armor?  Ore.  Medium armor?  ore.  *headscratch*

I'm not normally a person who enjoys building games, my daughter adores minecraft and I never really got into it.  If nothing else i'll be able to log in every now and again and see what updates have been made and mess around with building + my daughter screwing around with it.

I definitely dig the basics they  have right now, curious to see what comes of it.

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142

Its been over a year since they hit beta, so I have to ask the current players how long you'd estimate until the game is finished in beta and we get a full release?

Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
    Originally posted by Shaigh

Its been over a year since they hit beta, so I have to ask the current players how long you'd estimate until the game is finished in beta and we get a full release?

From what I know, this was the last total wipe.  Of course that can easily change, devs change their minds about that stuff all the time, but there is official word saying that this should be the last one.  The transition to open beta is supposed to be a claim wipe only, and given that as of right now this is planned as the last character wipe I would say we're still a good way away from release but moving towards the transition.  I would give it about a year, if it goes well.

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033

OP - sounds like its time to change the Sig?

If you don't mind block voxels - check out Trove - in terms of featutres and gameplay its about 3 light years ahead of Landmark.

Gameplay and features over graphics? For me that's a big yes any day anytime.

Inb4 Trion advertisment......nvm.

Originally posted by MrMelGibson

OP - sounds like its time to change the Sig?

If you don't mind block voxels - check out Trove - in terms of featutres and gameplay its about 3 light years ahead of Landmark.

Gameplay and features over graphics? For me that's a big yes any day anytime.

Inb4 Trion advertisment......nvm.

Seriously.  Trove is cool, but the building isn't nearly as in-depth.  It Is much more complete and polished, but that is to be expected considering the massive difference in graphical detail.

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Originally posted by Kajidourden
    Originally posted by Shaigh

From what I know, this was the last total wipe.  Of course that can easily change, devs change their minds about that stuff all the time, but there is official word saying that this should be the last one.  The transition to open beta is supposed to be a claim wipe only, and given that as of right now this is planned as the last character wipe I would say we're still a good way away from release but moving towards the transition.  I would give it about a year, if it goes well.

Before I would have probably agreed with that assessment but now I dont know. Very little has changed over the year and a half or so since testing began that makes me really question if anything major will happen anytime soon.

As per my main gripe about the land sizes.. Looks like even more people are noticing the same problem. There arent enough flat areas to build ( sure some want to build on a mountain ) and the 2 biome per island makes it hard to people to find a server of the biomes they want that isnt full or actually has a decent spot to build. The islands could increase in size by 40% or more and still leave tons of ocean.

• CothorCothor Member UncommonPosts: 174
    This game is never going to be anything. There isn't enough to it. Landmark should be put into everquest next with restrictions so people can't ruin the landscape with horrible designs.  Just another big hype machine/money grab. 
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Originally posted by Kajidourden

I for one like the changes a lot.

The islands are much better designed now, having up to three biomes (some islands have two biomes + the snow biome because they have high mountains), the caves are vastly improved and exploration is more fun than it ever was. I love the inland water and 'fjords", it makes some places just look jawdropping.

I also like that they are proposing basic buildings templates for when you first get your claim and don't have the mats to build your own stuff yet.

I like the removal of the maintenance fee and that you just have to log into the game to keep your claim.

Oh, and I like that there will no longer be character wipes and that I can start to progress with my final main.

They are definitely going in the right direction, they aren't there yet but it's encouraging.

My 2c as a brand new player who bought it Friday (didn't know there was a wipe until I started digging into the forums, excellent timing lol) I have to say after talking to people who have been in for a while that it seems they got most things right, and some are kinda confusing.

The fact that you basically only ever need to mine in order to craft is kinda perplexing.  Cloth armor?  Ore.  Medium armor?  ore.  *headscratch*

I'm not normally a person who enjoys building games, my daughter adores minecraft and I never really got into it.  If nothing else i'll be able to log in every now and again and see what updates have been made and mess around with building + my daughter screwing around with it.

I definitely dig the basics they  have right now, curious to see what comes of it.

I guess the problem is that these basics have been all they have ever had..

The game doesnt run all the great. 

Combat was added like 8 months ago or something and never touched again.

Building tools have yet to be taken seriously which is crazy since that is a core part of the game and pretty much the only thing to do right now. 

All of it was pretty much abandoned in favor of forcing achievements into the game as a sort of advancement system and its not even a robust system so I am not sure what exactly they have been doing.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547

I for one like the changes a lot.The islands are much better designed now, having up to three biomes (some islands have two biomes + the snow biome because they have high mountains), the caves are vastly improved and exploration is more fun than it ever was. I love the inland water and 'fjords", it makes some places just look jawdropping.I also like that they are proposing basic buildings templates for when you first get your claim and don't have the mats to build your own stuff yet.I like the removal of the maintenance fee and that you just have to log into the game to keep your claim.Oh, and I like that there will no longer be character wipes and that I can start to progress with my final main.They are definitely going in the right direction, they aren't there yet but it's encouraging.

This ^^

The only thing missing for me is better combat, better PvE experience, animals roaming the islands, and such. I can only build so much till I get bored. The islands look beautiful.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!