Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Greed Monger Stalls Out - Kickstarter Funds in Question

Comments

• TybostTybost Member UncommonPosts: 629

This guy....

How did he find someone to take responsibility for all of this mess? am I reading this correctly... You're telling me this other pat guy left home free; and then returned to the sinking ship to assume command of said sinking ship with all the potential legal shit around the corner? ... Okay.

Good-Luck... New Captain-Commander! ....Now patch that ship up and get sailing!

*Edit* Late to the party; but quite the enjoyable thread to read! Haha.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Originally posted by greenreen
    The last statement made was that they would post in the forums about tshirts. Probably meant their own -- has anyone checked?

No update at all on their forums.  The last communication from anyone that I see is the one in this thread...

The people on their forums (which appears to only be 3-4 people) are asking questions about the Stress test and Tshirts but getting silence.  Who knows, maybe they are just working diligently to get them all out and that's why they are so quiet...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• MightykingMightyking Member UncommonPosts: 235

There's been no proof that any work was done... at all.

Just a trail of broken promises. Time and time again deadlines were broken with nothing to show from their side.

• DeVoDeVoDeVoDeVo Member UncommonPosts: 106

I feel something is amiss.

They have  gone through a whole week without any word on the stress test.  J Proctor, usually quite the chatterbox on any Greedmonger topic, has been silent.  The PR guy Joel seems to be missing again.  

During the big blowup, Appleton suggested that programmer incompetence was the cause of Greedmonger’s troubles.  Was he correct?  I'm thinking JP has a good idea of what he wants to accomplish but  needs a lot more help.

• EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749

Any updates on the test build? It's been nearly a week since you last posted, James, and people are asking in the official forums; however, there's been no word from James since the 3rd of May or from Joel since the 22nd of April. The official FaceBook hasn't been updated since the 25th of April, the original date for testing, either. I ask here since you seem more interested in what happens on public forums rather than your own forums.

You said you'd update your fans during the week ... Well, the week is nearly up. Interested to see if the stress test will be running this weekend, or if we're going to be met with more excuses again.

Originally posted by DeVoDeVo

During the big blowup, Appleton suggested that programmer incompetence was the cause of Greedmonger’s troubles.  Was he correct?  I'm thinking JP has a good idea of what he wants to accomplish but  needs a lot more help.

I suspect James is partly to blame, however, I feel that it was more likely to be "the blind leading the blind" kind of situation. Jason Appleton was clearly not capable of managing the situation and James Proctor is clearly incapable of actually completing a project, to even an alpha state.

• JamesPJamesP Member UncommonPosts: 595

I have gone silent for a reason. There is a group of people from another forum that is taking every single word I say and attacking me. It's easier to go silent while we work at the moment then to give them more ammo to use against me. 

GM is going through a Rebranding and Down sizing at the moment. We are getting back to the basics of what we promised during our KickStarter and getting that released and then we will go back and expand it post launch. We are taking the approach that other games such as Life is Feudal took where we will be releasing a smaller scale version where the players are able to host their own Servers for up to 100 players. Once everything is working the way we want it to we will then scale it up to a full scale MMO and launch it on our own Hardware as the rebranded GM. When GM launches we will then continue to support both the full scale MMO and the smaller scale version as it's own seperate stand alone product. Our Server software is fully moddable. Player's who host their own Servers will be able to do anything from adding custom textures to completely creating their own Custom World with 100% custom assets. Our Client contains a Server Browser where players are able to select which server they want to play on and Server admins will be able to decide if they want their server listed in the server browser or not, set a password for their server and even have a white listed server where only the players they want to have access can have access. 

The First version of our Server software and Client will be released with in the next week. In this first version it will be possible to create custom worlds and walk around and chat in your custom world. The Server software will also come with a full official World that you can use if you don't want to create your own.

Company Owner
    MMO Interactive

• TyggsTyggs Member UncommonPosts: 456
    Originally posted by JamesP

I have gone silent for a reason. There is a group of people from another forum that is taking every single word I say and attacking me. It's easier to go silent while we work at the moment then to give them more ammo to use against me. 

GM is going through a Rebranding and Down sizing at the moment. We are getting back to the basics of what we promised during our KickStarter and getting that released and then we will go back and expand it post launch. We are taking the approach that other games such as Life is Feudal took where we will be releasing a smaller scale version where the players are able to host their own Servers for up to 100 players. Once everything is working the way we want it to we will then scale it up to a full scale MMO and launch it on our own Hardware as the rebranded GM. When GM launches we will then continue to support both the full scale MMO and the smaller scale version as it's own seperate stand alone product. Our Server software is fully moddable. Player's who host their own Servers will be able to do anything from adding custom textures to completely creating their own Custom World with 100% custom assets. Our Client contains a Server Browser where players are able to select which server they want to play on and Server admins will be able to decide if they want their server listed in the server browser or not, set a password for their server and even have a white listed server where only the players they want to have access can have access. 

The First version of our Server software and Client will be released with in the next week. In this first version it will be possible to create custom worlds and walk around and chat in your custom world. The Server software will also come with a full official World that you can use if you don't want to create your own.

So, instead of a game, you are offering an engine? Is this also vulnerable to headache based delays?

SWTOR Referral Link

Free Goodies for new or returning players.

See what it gets you Here

• megaraxmegarax Member UncommonPosts: 269
    So, where are the the swinging dicks? Or is it the wrong game?
    Originally posted by Tyggs

So, instead of a game, you are offering an engine? Is this also vulnerable to headache based delays?

No we are not offering an engine... With each release there will be an official Server Build for those who just want to host a server for friends. But for those who want to make their server unique they will have the ability to completely customize their server.

Company Owner
    MMO Interactive

What about the T-shirts? Status Update?

Do you have an update for those who ordered one a long time ago?

If you don't have them on hand [Garage/Lost/Appleton Forgot to send them] would that mean no T-Shirts have been ordered at all? Do you/what is the plan to begin fulfilling those important promised physical rewards to those who paid money for them; which need fulfilled on priority to avoid incoming legal problems?

As long as the digital product [GM] is still in the works and still making some sort of progress; then you are in the clear for now [Legal wise] but the T-Shirts are in question which absolutely must be fulfilled even if its one by one or takes another year. Could we also see a photo of the GM T-Shirts when you print them? [Or if you already have?] as proof.

Originally posted by Xer0id

If you don't have them on hand [Garage/Lost/Appleton Forgot to send them] would that mean no T-Shirts have been ordered at all? Do you/what is the plan to begin fulfilling those important promised physical rewards to those who paid money for them; which need fulfilled on priority to avoid incoming legal problems?

We are having a Google Hangout this tonight at 8pm EST. we will be announcing our plans for the T-Shirts then. The Google Hangout will be saved to youtube for anyone not able to attend. We will also be answering any questions the community might have as well.

Company Owner
    MMO Interactive

We are having a Google Hangout this tonight at 8pm EST. we will be announcing our plans for the T-Shirts then. The Google Hangout will be saved to youtube for anyone not able to attend. We will also be answering any questions the community might have as well.

Sounds like a plan; Just give an honest front and say it like it is; and you will earn more respect than appleton had throughout his time as project lead. I wish you the best for turning this situation around and killing off the negative cloud surrounding GM. Honesty and perhaps a real look into where the project currently stands behind the scenes; will open the gate that desperately needs opened for GM/MMO Interactive.

Looking forward to hangouts and some real news/updates!

So, now it's your plan to release two games rather than one (Greed Monger MMO and Greed Monger "Emulator")? Seems like quite the undertaking for one person who's already trying to release Rise of Heroes and Greed Monger. Also, with that, doesn't this fly in the face of backers who paid for certain parcels of land, since everyone will be able to make their own server?

And you're downsizing the company already? I thought you and Joel were the only two people in the company, or is Joel leaving (again)? Joel still seems rather fictitious, especially since he's supposed to be your PR department, since he has very rarely posted in any forums.

Originally posted by EponyxDamor

So, now it's your plan to release two games rather than one (Greed Monger MMO and Greed Monger "Emulator")? Seems like quite the undertaking for one person who's already trying to release Rise of Heroes and Greed Monger. Also, with that, doesn't this fly in the face of backers who paid for certain parcels of land, since everyone will be able to make their own server?

And you're downsizing the company already? I thought you and Joel were the only two people in the company, or is Joel leaving (again)? Joel still seems rather fictitious, especially since he's supposed to be your PR department, since he has very rarely posted in any forums.

lol Where did I ever say we were down sizing the Company? And NO the company is not only Joel and I. After our KickStarter campaign was such a success our vision for GM grew way beyond what we promised in our KickStarter. THAT is what we are down sizing. We are going back to the basics of what we promised and then we will be adding all of the extra features after launch. 

As for Rise of Heroes as soon as GM was signed over to us RoH went back on the back burner. We are ONLY developing GM. The smaller scale version is a by product of developing GM it's not something extra that's taking away from GM. We are developing our tools and everything that will be powering GM and releasing them out to the public so they can be tested and improved on in a real world setting. It also allows us to release a product sooner and start getting some credibility.

Company Owner
    MMO Interactive

• TyggsTyggs Member UncommonPosts: 456

Maybe the real game is MMO Developer Simulator. James P is the player and we are NPCs.

Wait... Am I real?

SWTOR Referral Link

Free Goodies for new or returning players.

See what it gets you Here

• megaraxmegarax Member UncommonPosts: 269

LOL, the amount of bullshit in this thread. I hope you can sleep at night.

reading your forum makes me cry a bit from my left eye. How long do you expect they buy your shit?

Originally posted by EponyxDamor

lol Where did I ever say we were down sizing the Company? And NO the company is not only Joel and I. After our KickStarter campaign was such a success our vision for GM grew way beyond what we promised in our KickStarter. THAT is what we are down sizing. We are going back to the basics of what we promised and then we will be adding all of the extra features after launch. 

As for Rise of Heroes as soon as GM was signed over to us RoH went back on the back burner. We are ONLY developing GM. The smaller scale version is a by product of developing GM it's not something extra that's taking away from GM. We are developing our tools and everything that will be powering GM and releasing them out to the public so they can be tested and improved on in a real world setting. It also allows us to release a product sooner and start getting some credibility.

Thanks for clarifying.

Where's Joel been? He's been absent since April 9th from any forum activity. Seems very odd, since he's apparently your business partner and your PR department.

Who else is actively working on the project? Did you not say just a few weeks ago that it was only you? And in this very same thread, did you not say no one else (of a staff of 17+, apparently) was currently able to work on the project since they didn't have access?

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Edit.

Because I have decided to not become involved in this mess.

• ArChWindArChWind Member UncommonPosts: 1,340

[quote]Originally posted by JamesP

The First version of our Server software and Client will be released with in the next week. In this first version it will be possible to create custom worlds and walk around and chat in your custom world. The Server software will also come with a full official World that you can use if you don't want to create your own.[/b][/quote]

Say what!?

I could already do that with my build form a year ago and I haven't touched it since last July.

This sounds fishy man.

ArChWind — MMORPG.com Forums

If you are interested in making a MMO maybe visit my page to get a free open source engine.
  • IczerIczer Member UncommonPosts: 116

This thread has been the most entertainment I have seen, heard or read in a long time.

I was never brave (stupid) enough to pledge money on KS for this title but I did follow it. More so because I heard about it from the shenanigans of Appleton on the first Markee Dragon interview. If you had asked people to pledge money on KS for a comedy show based on developing an MMO this thing would be delivering in spades.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

James,

Back in early April you posted that Appleton was supposed to be providing you a detailed expense list of where the kickstarter money went.  Any update on that?  I checked your website but did not see it anywhere.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

Originally posted by megarax

reading your forum makes me cry a bit from my left eye. How long do you expect they buy your shit?

We all can agree that the things said in this thread by James P has lowered our confidence; since MMO-Interactive secured GM officially. It's also clear as day MMO-Interactive is in need of a PR-Guy. You can turn all these types of comments around and boost confidence in GM + MMO-Interactive only if you deliver some real news tonight.

No more bullshit; no more dishonest schemes!  Lay it all out on the table tonight... Respect and credibility is earned!

Everyone here and everywhere else will continue to throw shit your way; unless you give us the full report. How far previous development on GM has gotten and where it currently stands today and so on.

Until then the negative cloud will continue; appleton failed GM-Backers; and now everything is on MMO-Interactive and the posts inside here from you James P has raised questions if you are any better than previous project leader; is GM in good hands?

Again; looking forward to google hangouts to see if you can turn it all around. Keep a professional face and steel skin; you don't have to reply to every single thread of negativity.

You also haven't updated the main website or forum with information regarding the "Google Hangout" that's supposed to happen in just a few (three) hours, either. Don't you think it'd be prudent to inform your backers of your short-notice (three hours) Q&A? Especially since it's been months since any sort of information about the game and it's development progress has been made available ...

You also made no information available about how to join the Google Hangout, or how to participate in it. Shouldn't this be something Joel handles?

Originally posted by megarax

We all can agree that the things said in this thread by James P has lowered our confidence; since MMO-Interactive secured GM officially. It's also clear as day MMO-Interactive is in need of a PR-Guy. You can turn all these types of comments around and boost confidence in GM + MMO-Interactive only if you deliver some real news tonight.

No more bullshit; no more dishonest schemes!  Lay it all out on the table tonight... Respect and credibility is earned!

Everyone here and everywhere else will continue to throw shit your way; unless you give us the full report. How far previous development on GM has gotten and where it currently stands today and so on.

Until then the negative cloud will continue; appleton failed GM-Backers; and now everything is on MMO-Interactive and the posts inside here from you James P has raised questions if you are any better than previous project leader; is GM in good hands?

Again; looking forward to google hangouts to see if you can turn it all around. Keep a professional face and steel skin; you don't have to reply to every single thread of negativity.

Greed Monger apparently has a PR front-man, however, he hasn't been heard from in over a month, and even then, his exposure was limited. We've heard the name Joel thrown around for some time, but he hasn't really been active at all.

• damond5031damond5031 Member UncommonPosts: 445
    I think the company is most likely broke by this point and I doubt there is any money left for development, let alone a PR person. It's dead Jim.