Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here's the release. (latest update)

2»

Comments

• NiienNiien Member UncommonPosts: 99
    Originally posted by Thebeasttt
    Originally posted by Vesavius

I personally think Brad has stepped back as 'the face' of the game because internet curmudgeons focus continuously on him rather than paying attention to the, frankly, impressive progressive the team has made on this game.

But... As we see. Him not being the face means they do the same.

I guess some people will just always grind their personal axe.

It goes both ways.

Fanboi's like to pretend the VG debacle never even existed, aka "conspiracy theorists" as Dullahan put it.......Asking how much Brad is involved in a 100% crowd funded game is a perfectly valid question. People deserve to know how much the "CCO" is actually doing and that's a question only Joppa and maybe a few devs can answer.

This isn't VG and it isn't the same team, just one guy.

Also the game isn't 100% crowd funded. Even though the work is being done by mostly volunteers they are looking for funding and have stated that crowd funding will not be the route they take going forward.

Yes, you can call me a fanboi for calling out facts...

• KayydKayyd Member UncommonPosts: 129
    Originally posted by Dullahan
    Originally posted by Vesavius
    Originally posted by Thebeasttt
    Originally posted by Kayyd

Brad is listed first on the "about us" page and I have no reason to believe it isn't accurate. His role is listed as "Chief Creative Officer, Producer, Gameplay & Tools Programmer." 

Actually there is a reason to believe it isn't accurate......because it wasn't accurate in his VG days. Anyone that knows his history knows he basically disappeared for years while everyone else made VG. He's also been nearly non existent on the Pantheon website/forums.

This could make one wonder whether he just unofficially passed off the entire project to Joppa. Brad is almost never mentioned in any podcast, blog or video. Nor is any of his work. 

I personally think Brad has stepped back as 'the face' of the game because internet curmudgeons focus continuously on him rather than paying attention to the, frankly, impressive progressive the team has made on this game.

But... As we see. Him not being the face means they do the same.

I guess some people will just always grind their personal axe.

I think you're right on this.  It would be nice to think the time will come when they have more to show and he will be able to step up and maybe address his critics as well as conspiracy theorists.  Dispelling a few rumors and clarifying his decisions would go a long way when presented with a working alpha to back it up.

Honestly, I don't know how you address critics in a constructive way that helps Panetheon. If someone is already polorized on the issue then I don't know that there is any way to engage them that will change their mind.

Keep in mind too, that between the many agreements that would be a part of the initial publishing agreement with Microsoft, purchase of Vanguard from Microsoft, publishing agreement with SOE, and sale of Sigil assets to SOE, would be numerous non-disclosure and non-disparagement agreements, putting limits on what Brad could disclose. I would be shocked if Brad was not forbidden by contract from telling most of his side of the story, or saying anything bad about Microsoft, Sigil, SOE, their employees, officers, or lawyers dog.

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698

And this is why I was hoping for a video.

1. Keeps the hate down.

2. Screenshots can be doctored.

3. There was a good bit of talk about how much better the game looks and we just get a single screenshot.