Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Plenty more Buddy Keys for anyone interested in trying PFO

Fanndis_GoldbraidFanndis_Goldbraid Member UncommonPosts: 53

Hi all!

I have a slew of Buddy Keys available for anyone who is interested in checking out Pathfinder Online. The Buddy Key gets you a 15-day free trial so you can see where the game is, what the mechanics are like, and investigate the player run settlements and the community in general.

The settlements are not in their final form, as the mechanics for building settlements, and tearing them down, is not in yet. But the first phase of that should be introduced on April 16th in the first of several releases of "Holdings and Outposts". Players will be able to build Holdings (things like barracks, ranches, hunting lodges and watchtowers) and Outposts (mines, quarries, fisheries and such) to provide their settlements needed supplies for construction and upkeep. These facilities can be raided by other settlements, and NPC monsters will attack them if the monsters are not kept under control. It all sounds pretty cool.

Send me an email to [email protected] and I'll get a Buddy Key to you right away. (Disclosure: If you decide you like it and buy the $30 "Head Start" package which gets the full game download and a month of game time I get credit for a "conversion" giving me one free month of game time). Players get to help shape the direction of the game and provide feedback on the forums, take part in polls, and speak directly to the developers in video chats and Q&A sessions. If you have a specific question for the CEO of Goblinworks, Ryan Dancey has posted a separate thread inviting questions here.

See you soon!

Fanndis Goldbraid

Ambassador

Forgeholm (Home of the Dwarves)

Comments

• gatherisgatheris Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

or you could, you know, just send a message through the username on this site giving them keys - I imagine most people don't like giving out their email addresses on a public forum

now I would really like to try this game but to do it justice the key would not have much of a restriction on when to activate it - would not be able to make much use of it until the 23rd or so of this month

thanks

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615

PFO looks very interesting.

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• Fanndis_GoldbraidFanndis_Goldbraid Member UncommonPosts: 53
    I won't be sharing any sender's email address anywhere, and the gmail account is mine and mine alone (well, mine and the NSA is looking at it). The email address is part of the way Goblinworks accounts for the conversion of a Buddy Key trial and a purchase, and I DO want to get credit for a conversion if I can. I hope some of the folks trying it out look into joining the Dwarven settlement of Forgeholm, which I represent out here in the public forums. And I also want more people to check the game mechanics and get to participate in helping shape the game, so the more the merrier! Even if they don't join Forgeholm and sign up with the "Evil" Empire of Xeilias, or prefer to spend the first couple of months learning the ropes with "Pathfinder University", there are play styles for everyone.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    I would like to try it
  • BJC289BJC289 Member UncommonPosts: 31
    Just sent you an email. Hope there still some keys available. xD

Scorchien,

Send me an email to [email protected] and I'll send one out.

• picklesackpicklesack Member Posts: 1
    Hey there, was wondering if there are any more buddy keys available been wanting to give this game a try for a while. Feel free to PM me.
  • Enforcer71Enforcer71 Member UncommonPosts: 780
    I sent you an email, didnt realize this was going to be a sandbox game so now Im really interested

Out of every 100 men, 10 should not be there,
    80 are nothing but targets, 9 are the real fighters.
    Ah, but one, ONE of them is a warrior,
    and he will bring the others home.
    -Heraclitus 500BC

• vectrexevovectrexevo Member UncommonPosts: 167
    I want a buddy key.. I'll be your buddy..  You can't just send me the number from this site
  • VooDoo_PapaVooDoo_Papa Member UncommonPosts: 897

I'm glad they have these. I sent you an email

and thank you

• Iceman8235Iceman8235 Member UncommonPosts: 205
    This game looked good when I read about it a while back, how much is there to do in the game's current form?

The game is in what Ryan Dancey (CEO of Goblinworks) is calling a "Minimum Viable Product". There is basic PvP and player looting (although none of the equipped gear is lootable at this time), gathering, refining and crafting are going strong, there is PvE in the form of "Escalations" (monsters taking over map hexes and multiplying until players come to squash them), and an improvised PvP environment called the "War of the Towers" (really a made up reason to have some player vs player content until the real PvP content is introduced later).

So, not bad, but not a ton. Some things players would love to see are far, far off in the future like formation combat, settlement warfare, dungeons, and player made content.

On April 16th the next major content update hits in the form of "Holding and Outposts", which are player run structures that provide bulk materials that players need to stockpile for the near future when we will be responsible for constructing our own settlements to our own sepcifications. Right now players settlements are in a canned form (each settlement leader chose one template from several, and these will stand until a cataclysmic event destroys them all, forcing us to rebuild them). The skills for building settlements are not in yet, but they are getting introduced on April 16th along with Holdings and Outposts. This patch is EE 7.0 (Early Enrollment iteration 7), with fresh patches hitting every third Thursday (so May 7th should be EE 8.0).

Many players are paying a sub, but not playing as they think there is not enough content yet, but we Dwarves of Forgeholm are stockpiling crafted goods and raw and refined materials trying to build up a surplus to we can field an army when the time comes. It pays to be prepared!

Fanndis Goldbraid

Please send an email to [email protected] for a Buddy Key sent through the game.

Also see Ryan Dancey's thread in these forums for his take on the MMO industry and why he chose to put out a PvP sandbox instead of a themepark game It's a good read.

• KaelaienKaelaien Member UncommonPosts: 107
    Hi. I was thinking of pledging today to try this game, but wanted to see what people were saying here first. Game looks interesting and would love to try it out first. If any buddy keys are available it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
  • damond5031damond5031 Member UncommonPosts: 445
    Do you have any buddy keys left?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I do have plenty of Buddy Keys still available. PM me here with your email address, or email me at [email protected] and I'll get one right out to you.
  • BascolaBascola Member UncommonPosts: 425
    Originally posted by Fanndis_Goldbraid
    I do have plenty of Buddy Keys still available. PM me here with your email address, or email me at [email protected] and I'll get one right out to you.

Normally i take any key just for fun but i can't get over the bouncing health bars attached to the characters asses. It just makes this unplayable for me, i can't take that shit serious. They even bounce up and down while fighting and running, who designs this stuff?

#ButtBars

• glomma63glomma63 Member UncommonPosts: 4

Hi

Been following thes game for awhile now, but cant decide if i want to buy inn,

So please send me trial key

Thanks.

• rafalex007rafalex007 Member Posts: 244
    i have sent a request u will know that its me from my email :) 
  • chezzechezze Member UncommonPosts: 12

Would be awesome to check this game out. 

Il send you a msg. If you still have some keys i would be grateful :)

• BringsliteBringslite Member UncommonPosts: 75

There are indeed still trial keys available. Anyone that you have seen here (giving them out ) has more or can get more without much effort.

When you contact one of us for a key, please include an email address. Some do not include that when they PM me and unfortunately my PM feature here is a bit buggy. I can't respond to any PMs. They are working on it though.

No more "BOX" fee. Free 15 day trials at: goblinworks.com/download/
    Ozem's Vigil: The largest force for Holy Justice in the River Kingdoms.
    Are You Ready to Smite Evil?
    ozemsvigil.guildlaunch.com

• dracomundracomun Member UncommonPosts: 92
    I'd love a buddy key to give this a shot and try it out.
  • kenpokillerkenpokiller Member UncommonPosts: 321

OH MY :$

Shame it's only a 15day trial.

Sway all day, butterfly flaps all the way!