Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are quests required?

13»

Comments

• muthaxmuthax Member UncommonPosts: 703
    Originally posted by Telil
    Originally posted by muthax

OP are you asking if the game is any fun without the quests?

if so, i hope so as i am thinking of giving this a go, and if it is no fun without quest hubs then it is a real linear experience and not one that i am willing to try.

Now if the answer is yes and the game isn't all about getting to the max level as fast as possible, and you can actually just step into the world and have fun then maybe ill give i a go.

Unfortunately reading the posts of the players...it seems like its just another rush to max level :(

There aren't really any 'quest hub', like in TES tradition, you choose a direction and go picking up quests along the way.

But TES ARE story driven games so I don't understand why you don't play a game that doesn't include handcrafted stories and dialogues instead

I haven't played it yet, but i am considering it.

If the story telling is not quest hubbed and are actual lore story's then that is different. I am trying to avoid races to end level games these days. i want a game that has depth and a rich background. To be fair i only read the first two pages of replies and the trend seemed to be that you need to quest to level efficiently. That's exactly what i want to ignore....levelling is the natural progression for playing a game for me and not my first target.

Forgive me, i'm an old Everquest player. In EQ you just used to play the game and explore a huge world. Quest rewards were equipment and an almost imperceptible sliver of experience. They were more to explain the lore than anything else.

I want questing to be more to tell a story and enrich your gaming rather than a way to level. hope that explains my meaning more.

I am with you, I don't like speeed leveling and found TESO leveling speed at launch excellent, though they sped it up a bit recently. The only quests you might want to do are the ones related to the Story. Zone Story quests and the rest are optional. 

It's one of few 'modern' MMOs where I can just get lost exploring the landscape (and it's worth it)

And the quests are well written and acted, some of them contain moral choices that can be difficult, even if it's just a game

• TelilTelil Member Posts: 282

OP are you asking if the game is any fun without the quests?

if so, i hope so as i am thinking of giving this a go, and if it is no fun without quest hubs then it is a real linear experience and not one that i am willing to try.

Now if the answer is yes and the game isn't all about getting to the max level as fast as possible, and you can actually just step into the world and have fun then maybe ill give i a go.

Unfortunately reading the posts of the players...it seems like its just another rush to max level :(

There aren't really any 'quest hub', like in TES tradition, you choose a direction and go picking up quests along the way.

But TES ARE story driven games so I don't understand why you don't play a game that doesn't include handcrafted stories and dialogues instead

I haven't played it yet, but i am considering it.

If the story telling is not quest hubbed and are actual lore story's then that is different. I am trying to avoid races to end level games these days. i want a game that has depth and a rich background. To be fair i only read the first two pages of replies and the trend seemed to be that you need to quest to level efficiently. That's exactly what i want to ignore....levelling is the natural progression for playing a game for me and not my first target.

Forgive me, i'm an old Everquest player. In EQ you just used to play the game and explore a huge world. Quest rewards were equipment and an almost imperceptible sliver of experience. They were more to explain the lore than anything else.

I want questing to be more to tell a story and enrich your gaming rather than a way to level. hope that explains my meaning more.

I am with you, I don't like speeed leveling and found TESO leveling speed at launch excellent, though they sped it up a bit recently. The only quests you might want to do are the ones related to the Story. Zone Story quests and the rest are optional. 

It's one of few 'modern' MMOs where I can just get lost exploring the landscape (and it's worth it)

And the quests are well written and acted, some of them contain moral choices that can be difficult, even if it's just a game

Ahh sounds like it could be fun....I've always played an explorer type character.

Ye! think i'll give it a go.