Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

thinking of coming back...

sinloisinloi Member UncommonPosts: 201

When I last left I had an odd smattering of skills, not so much in the way of combat. my primary combat skill was in drones,

I had a lot into salvage, jury rigging, some crafting(forgot the names) exploration, archaeology, hacking, and some covert ops.

I tended to spent a lot of time exploring(though did not do much with it aside from find places and not go to them haha)

but most of my time was spent in my solo salvage boat, if I remeber it was a vexor with all hi slots as salvagers and some trctor beams somewhere on there.

It was primarily for high sec and relied heavily on drones, my drone skills were so high I could send the drones in from a very long range kill all the rats and then travel to the wrecks tractor everything in and salvage.

The question is how lucrative is it being a salvager by trade?

I am not entirely in to combat and want to do other things(though if I was in a corp I would probably make some tackler ships just to help out in that area as well.)

Comments

• vadio123vadio123 Member UncommonPosts: 593
    Ready to sell your life?
  • iNeokiiNeoki Member UncommonPosts: 353

Originally posted by vadio123
    Ready to sell your life?

^ What he said, EVE Online is a beautiful game, always has been. But the time requirement if you become a part of a corporation and begin wormhole operations is just insane for the average "Casual" Gamer.

The major changes that occurred were based on the above types of play styles, with the exception of the new ORE Frigate. I am subscribed for 3months because I took up the special offer and wanted to do some casual RVB combat again, as I have been a member of RVB for quite some time. But other than that I don't do much else as I don't have the time available for it.

TL;DR: Still a great game, requires lots of time to do advanced parts of the game.

TwitchTV: iNeoki

• YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

Scanning, hacking and archeology can be done without any combat. It's very relaxing actually, but you need to train up your scanning, archeology and hacking skills to LvL and venture into 0.0 if you want to make it profitable.
    LowSec-exploration works aswell to some degree, but it's not worth my time imho.

If you want to play it safe tho, then running LvL4 combat-missions in HighSec is the best way to go. It also doesn't require alot of time and effort to be reasonably profitable.

My equation for something to be reasonably profitable goes like this... price for a PLEX / 30 days = ISK per hour
    So with the current price of ~900 Million ISK the PvE-activity needs to provide some 30 Million ISK per hour to be worth my time.

I odn't pay my account with PLEX tho. It's just an indicator I use to measure PvE-tasks.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by NeokiNaomi

But the time requirement if you become a part of a corporation and begin wormhole operations is just insane for the average "Casual" Gamer.

Then the player joined the wrong corp then.

I racked up like 30k + (solo)kills on my main the last decade, alts not included, but even I get bored at times or I find some other game I want to play. Then my corp/alliance might not see me for days/weeks/months and they are fine with that, We talk some on Skype or Mumble and that's it.

I want to play again: I resub and log back in again and go further from where I left of.

EVE is VERY casual friendly, a player does not have to worry about falling behind in a gear/level race, it is just about finding the right corp.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• sinloisinloi Member UncommonPosts: 201

Yea I will need to pick up a new Cheetah if I come back.

I learned the hard way to be careful when doing exploration and hacking in low and null sec space XD

I should probably join eve university for a bit so I can have someone to help me learn how to get the hell out of dodge effectively.

• MavolenceMavolence Member UncommonPosts: 635
    Originally posted by Muke

But the time requirement if you become a part of a corporation and begin wormhole operations is just insane for the average "Casual" Gamer.

I racked up like 30k + (solo)kills on my main the last decade, alts not included, but even I get bored at times or I find some other game I want to play. Then my corp/alliance might not see me for days/weeks/months and they are fine with that, We talk some on Skype or Mumble and that's it.

I want to play again: I resub and log back in again and go further from where I left of.

EVE is VERY casual friendly, a player does not have to worry about falling behind in a gear/level race, it is just about finding the right corp.

30k kills!? The number 1 ranked person on battleclinic doesn't even have 30k at this point in time.

Originally posted by Mavolence
    Originally posted by Muke Originally posted by NeokiNaomi  
    Then the player joined the wrong corp then. I racked up like 30k + (solo)kills on my main the last decade, alts not included, but even I get bored at times or I find some other game I want to play. Then my corp/alliance might not see me for days/weeks/months and they are fine with that, We talk some on Skype or Mumble and that's it. I want to play again: I resub and log back in again and go further from where I left of. EVE is VERY casual friendly, a player does not have to worry about falling behind in a gear/level race, it is just about finding the right corp.
    30k kills!? The number 1 ranked person on battleclinic doesn't even have 30k at this point in time.

Yeah, 30k kills might be a tad high, but battleclinic does only show posted killmails. Ever since I stopped flying in a big alliance and started working mainly solo or in a small group without an own killboard alot of my kills don't show on battleclinic.

• MavolenceMavolence Member UncommonPosts: 635
    Hey if you're still playing you got a good corp thats recruiting? Im actually looking to spread my wings

I couldn't advertise for any corps actually, as I'm done with corps and alliances in this game. 7 years of it was enough for me and solo or temporary small-group PvP is much more suitable and fun these days.

If you really want to have fun, then create your own corp and wardec other small corps with some 50-100 players. The costs for these wardecs aren't that high (some 20-50 Mil a week) and you're provided with tons of targets in high-sec PvE-hubs :p

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by Mavolence
    Originally posted by Muke

This is a friend of mine: http://eve-kill.net/?a=pilot_detail&plt_id=645819 and even he has that.

Conclusion: Battleclinis is hardly accurate.

And hey, farming BRAVE and CFC can rank in like 1000 kills/week even when playing casual.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636

This thread has actually helped convince me to come back to Eve for another go.

Except this time around, I have an actual goal in mind.. which has been my problem in the past; a lot of what you can do in Eve sounds interesting to me, but I could never decide what to focus on, in terms of training, equipping, etc.

A post earlier in the thread about the Exploration stuff really sounds up my alley... Soloable, engaging and even profitable. From what I've seen/heard in some YT videos I've been watching/listening to, it sounds like it can get pretty tense when you make it out to low/null sec as well - almost like a cat and mouse game sometimes... trying to gather the goods while avoiding others trying to destroy you.

I like the idea of sneaking around and such. 

Also, it seems like something I can learn at my own pace, and on my own terms... which I find most desirable.

In the past, when I've joined Corps, it's been kinda overwhelming with people giving you ships, gear, money and advice on what to train, what to fly, what to equip, etc. I'm still trying to figure out what's going on and what I want to do, and I have people basically saying "trust me, I've been playing this game for years... you want to do "this"".

I know they mean well, and wanted to help, and I don't want to look a gift horse (sometimes very generous ones) in the mouth... but it's really overwhelming, and actually contributed to me avoiding the game more than playing it. I kept hoping I could find a corp where the people were more laid back and basically just made themselves available to answer questions, and give advice when specifically asked. But I never seemed to get that. People are so excited about the game, that they seem to want to put you on a fast-track... and that just wasn't comfortable for me. I'd tried to explain that, and some of them took it personally, like.. "well, if you don't want my help... fine". It just became really awkward.

So, I think this whole Exploration thing sounds like it'd be a great fit for me and my personality/playstyle - at least until I feel comfortable/familiar enough with the game and everything to where I'm ready to join a corp.

So yeah... good times :)

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Isn't the explorations sites all heavily camped/farmed out these days?

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D