Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toxic WoW

2»

Comments

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    Originally posted by Amjoco
    Originally posted by Thorkune
    Originally posted by Amjoco
    On a toxicity level I would give WoW about a 6, with LOTRO being 1, and Tera being 10. I usually play on Role Playing Servers on WoW though, where the community seems more into gaming than bashing or spamming one another.

I couldn't agree more. I was going to use Tera as well for my example of the most toxic community. I play on Landroval RP server in Lotro and the community is the best of any mmo that I have played. And, now that I have most "kids" on Wyrmrest Accord WoW RP server blocked, it's not that bad now.

That's the one I'm on as well!

I've been there for a few years and I enjoy it.

• MalviousMalvious Member UncommonPosts: 218
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
    Originally posted by DevilSeph

I leveled up and got in my first Hc 100 level dungeon in less than 3 days with a fresh new account.

Not wanting to sound nasty, but getting a job and a life outside the computer will greatly help you for your problem of being able to consume 100 levels of content added to getting the required item level to run heroic dungeons in 3 days.

Even then, it would mean playing almost 24/24 non stop, with very little sleep and no other real life obligations. I've two accounts, and even with dual logging and support of my second account and my guild, I couldn't do it that fast even if I was on holidays without any real life stuff to do.

That's why I think this post is just another mindless WoW bashing thread based on a big, fat lie.

Sorry.

Hes not bashing here let me explain for people that havnt tocuhed wow in years:

When you buy WoD you get a free level 90 boost with it, so you only have to do 10 levels in WoD zones which can easily done in 3 days, wow is designed with loads of catch up mechanics so its super easy to level and jump into hc dungeons and raids. In 3 days he should have been fully normal raid geared.

Fine, we'll compromise. I'll get my way & you'll find a way to be okay with that.

• ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    If you want to avoid toxic people it's not WoW you have to quit, it's online gaming in general. I've found the only games that aren't toxic are the low quality, unpopular ones. Mainly because they need people to stick around or the game will die =P
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,875
    What is absolutely true is that people are definitely nicer in games that are less popular and have a small population because they value the players that remain. So if you want to have a wholesome experience pick a game with a small population.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • reemireemi Member UncommonPosts: 45

WoW community isnt worst than others. 

When I play Need for speed rival on Xbox One, I heard people playing guitar and crying like child. 

When I play GTA5 on PS4, I heard kids yelling all the time.

When I play Minecraft on PC, it's a school with 14 years old kids everywhere. 

When I play any MOBA games, people are yelling at me, calling me noob and that's crazy, someone even told me to uninstall my games instead of helping me. 

WoW now.... Maybe because I don't play on the most popular server, it's kinda quiet on my server, I'm not receiving guild invite, it's very peacefull, all conversation in Trade chat are mature, there's no flood, no kids crying or whatever.

There's nothing Toxic on my WoW server...

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    It's clear when you enter games like Lotr, eso, ff, gw2 that the atmosphere is markedly different from wow, maybe it is the size of population and time served, maybe ita just that arses make more noise and wow suffers from this. Personally I think when you create a game where your a noob if your not better than anyone else and competing for power is your main measurement of success, and all of that is balanced on a treadmill then you reap what you sow.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• RandaynRandayn Member UncommonPosts: 904
    Originally posted by Seratus
    Originally posted by Randayn

I have to agree with OP.  My first several dungeon runs at endgame were a HUGE wake up call to what kind of player base WoW has these days...even my guild members that I knew since Vanilla.  

It's now become a "be epic at running a dungeon (even for the first time) or you suck and are banished to oblivion....we have no time to play catch up with you..."

I would say that FFXIV is similar but at endgame, it's not true.  At endgame, you'll probably find the BEST community an MMO has to offer (FFXIV).  It's the early dungeons that had alot of toxic crowds. 

I would definitely say that WoW is the most toxic community I've dealt with in my time playing MMO's.  Just in case you are curious, here are the games Ive done endgame dungeons in:

Age of Conan

The Secret World

FFXIV

World of Warcraft

I played Anarchy Online the most, but never made it to endgame (which is understandable)

Of those games, the best community was Age of Conan hands down.  Always very helpful and understanding.  It also had some of the tougher encounters and mechanics.

This is completely opposite of my experience.  After hitting 50, I encountered group after group of raging elitists screaming at me for stopping for anything...speed rushes for more tokens!

I would always make sure to let the group know (before we started) that it was my first time running it or that I was a new the endgame dungeon experience.  In WoW, half the group would leave or give me a hard time...In FFXIV, they embraced it as a chance to teach someone the ropes.  Everyone was always helpful as long as you let them know you migh need it (in FFXIV).

In WoW, the opposite exists...WoW has become more a "Fast food" MMO of cheap quick thrills rather than a journey or NEEDING a guild and cohesion to run endgame dungeons.  That's why i think it's become Toxic.

• MasilithMasilith Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by DevilSeph

I leveled up and got in my first Hc 100 level dungeon in less than 3 days with a fresh new account.

Not wanting to sound nasty, but getting a job and a life outside the computer will greatly help you for your problem of being able to consume 100 levels of content added to getting the required item level to run heroic dungeons in 3 days.

Even then, it would mean playing almost 24/24 non stop, with very little sleep and no other real life obligations. I've two accounts, and even with dual logging and support of my second account and my guild, I couldn't do it that fast even if I was on holidays without any real life stuff to do.

That's why I think this post is just another mindless WoW bashing thread based on a big, fat lie.

Sorry.

WoD comes with a level 90 character boost, so getting from 90-100 does not take very long, and 2 or 3 days is well within of the realm of possibility with even casual play.

Acquiring gear in order to run heroic dungeons shouldn't take more than a day or 2. Levelling through the 90-100 areas can provide gear that is very close to that which is needed to run those dungeons, which would cut down the time that it takes to get necessary gear down to a few hours after hitting 100. This is made possible by certain character buffs that are achieved through your garrison.

By the way, you probably meant 24/7 (or 24/3 in this case I suppose), and I noticed that your profile states that you play WoW. I'm not sure why you didn't take the character boost into consideration before you commented.

Originally posted by Aori

Thread is a lie. He didn't do 1-100 in 3 days, unless RaF was involved. That said, you had 2 back to back bad experiences on your first 2 runs. I call bullshit.

Sure I get some bad runs, I've never had simultaneous bad runs, hell most people just leave if the run is going bad, they don't troll or trash talk anymore. 

Most runs are done in silence, sometimes i'll greet people and they'll respond in kind and do light chit chat long the way.  Far more acceptable pleasant experiences than negative ones. WoW isn't no where near MOBA level toxicity, it is still at the general MMO toxic level which has been there since MUDs.

The level 90 character boost. You are not considering that.

Originally posted by Seratus

This is completely opposite of my experience.  After hitting 50, I encountered group after group of raging elitists screaming at me for stopping for anything...speed rushes for more tokens!

What tokens were you getting at level 50?

I'm trying to read through the broken English... well, I happen to "touch" WoW daily, and my main has a 690 item level right now.

What you describe is NOT what the OP claims. Shortcuts are all optional, claiming the game is "too easy" when it gives you choices is just plain silly.

It's just like saying raiding is too easy because of LFR, and yet those who post that kind of nonsense never set foot in a Mythic difficulty raid.

Are you kidding? You have to be if you don't think that the OP used the character boost that came with WoD. That's the only thing that would make sense, and just stating that he didn't use it is a pathetic way of trying to keep yourself from admitting your mistake.

• danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    WOW had ass holes long before now.  They had them in Vanilla WOW and TBC, however during these times you knew who they were on your server fast.  You also knew the guilds they were in.  Problem is today with LFD/LFR these people can hide and be ass holes just to be ass holes and they like that play style.  Welcome to Fast Food MMOs you will always have toxic communities because we need to feed people content fast because people complain about never having time for anything.  Until MMOs get back to not having automated LFDR tools you will have a super toxic community.  
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by BadSpock

Love the edit.

Can't judge one game with millions and millions of players off of 1-2 bad experiences.

I've had many, many more than 1-2 bad experiences with toxic players, but I've had 10x that amount in good experiences too.

A single moron tend to be heard more than 100 nice people. It is true though that there are more toxic gamers around now then 10 years ago (and 10 years ago it was far worse than when Meridian and the Realm came out in '96). The larger a hobby gets the more morons you get.

And of course the less of a niche a game is the less community feeling you get. Really small MMOs tend to have better communities.

Not to mention soloing, in games like Everquest you were depending on other players, which either forced the jerks to play nice or not at all. Now they can easily solo up to max level when they suddenly run out of solocontent and try out group content. I am not saying that soloers always are jerks or makes people into jerks for that matter but the jerks that want to play can play for a while before having to interact with other people. Short jump-in dungeons with dungeon finders doesn't help either.

The best solution is either to ignore them or to join a good friendly guild and play with them instead of PUGing.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Part of me thinks WoD wasn't even a real expansion. Just a method to get people to pay for the character boosts. I just dont get what people see in mindless gear grinds or the new "mobile" style version of wow called garrisons. The game doesn't have longevity as the other expansions did, probably because they didn't come out with a new race/class this time. At least FFXIV will have 6+ months of content when their expansion hits before they have to really worry about updates.