Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

STO Horrable Lag and Rubber banding of any mmo ever ?

WarWitchWarWitch Member UncommonPosts: 351
Does anyone know of a fix for the server lag and rubber banding ? IV tried wtfast to stop the packet loss that's coming from the cryptic server its self But no luck game is basically unplayable now days :(. Its so bad when a dev posted about the new pilot ships theirs like 20 pages of fix the lag and rubber banding or we don't care. I suspect if STo desent fix this and soon they will have to close down the servers for good. It reminds me of earth and beyond years back when lagy patch hit and was never fixed then they closed down. Its not my isp or pc etc.

Comments

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,676
    It's the same for Neverwinter, they've really lost the plot lately.
  • BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768
    Originally posted by WarWitch
    Does anyone know of a fix for the server lag and rubber banding ? IV tried wtfast to stop the packet loss that's coming from the cryptic server its self But no luck game is basically unplayable now days :(. Its so bad when a dev posted about the new pilot ships theirs like 20 pages of fix the lag and rubber banding or we don't care. I suspect if STo desent fix this and soon they will have to close down the servers for good. It reminds me of earth and beyond years back when lagy patch hit and was never fixed then they closed down. Its not my isp or pc etc.

That was only in certain sectors and and really had nothing to do with the game shutting down.   That was completely a business decision by EA.

Its pretty bad in Fallen Earth at times too but that game is still kicking.

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Cryptic lost money when they were owned by Atari and now that PWI owns them, PWI blamed North American operations for their recent loss which means, Cryptic continues to lose money.  I would imagine that they are trying to save money by reducing server rentals and bandwidth which is why we are seeing a performance decline across all their games.   Their games are fun to play casually but once you jump in, buy a few things and reach max level, there isnt much need to continue to buy more things.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• Mondo80Mondo80 Member UncommonPosts: 194
    I'm pretty sure they DON'T rent the servers they use.  Rubber banding via lag could could indicate that the servers are getting full, as with WoW.
  • simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134

its nowhere near vanguard online, so...no

the only game , that hasnt annoyed me a Little with this is GW2

all the other ones have been, or are suffering from this..from time to time