Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

League of Angels steals FFXIV intro

Comments

• MihoshiKMihoshiK Member UncommonPosts: 26
    And taken 1:1 from Dead or Alive.
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,882
    Originally posted by SwampDragons
    Originally posted by Skuall

oh and the best one .....

Clickbait nr 1:D

That's not even the worst. The worst I've seen is 18+ material.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Vrika
    Originally posted by Skuall

oh and the best one .....

Clickbait nr 1:D

That's not even the worst. The worst I've seen is 18+ material.

It probably depends on where you encounter their ad. :P

I recall seeing the DoA one on Youtube.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• BryanSBryanS Member UncommonPosts: 36
    I think with all of this very definitive proof of how they are stealing the work of other MMO and gaming companies, obviously without permission, MMORPG.com needs to immediately pull their advertising and refuse any other ad revenue from this company. If they don't then it just shows they have no care or concern for the MMOs they cover and agree with illegal and shady business practices. And why would anyone want to support such a site. What say you, MMORPG.com?
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by BryanS
    I think with all of this very definitive proof of how they are stealing the work of other MMO and gaming companies, obviously without permission, MMORPG.com needs to immediately pull their advertising and refuse any other ad revenue from this company. If they don't then it just shows they have no care or concern for the MMOs they cover and agree with illegal and shady business practices. And why would anyone want to support such a site. What say you, MMORPG.com?

I'm sure if they had other MMOs willing to pay full time for that advertising space the way League of Angels does they'd go for it immediately. (I seem to recall Bill Murphy not being too fond of that game)

But money has to come from somewhere (contrary to what a lot of people on the internet seem to think, it doesn't ACTUALLY grow on trees image). And them advertising it isn't the same as them doing reviews that say League of Angels is the best game ever made and everyone should go play it.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade

I'm sure if they had other MMOs willing to pay full time for that advertising space the way League of Angels does they'd go for it immediately. (I seem to recall Bill Murphy not being too fond of that game)

But money has to come from somewhere (contrary to what a lot of people on the internet seem to think, it doesn't ACTUALLY grow on trees image). And them advertising it isn't the same as them doing reviews that say League of Angels is the best game ever made and everyone should go play it.

The ads you run influence the feel of the site itself. You can accept them from anyone indiscriminately as is your right but you run the risk of being tainted by the sleazy ones. 

Mmorpg.com is the sum of everything you experience here... articles, videos, posts, reviews an ads are all part of it.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• Nightdrake0Nightdrake0 Member UncommonPosts: 3
    I agree this is shady business practice at its best. And the worst part is its so blatant.
  • sacredfoolsacredfool Member UncommonPosts: 849
    Originally posted by Nightdrake0
    I agree this is shady business practice at its best. And the worst part is its so blatant.

Because if it wasn't blantant it would be OK? :P

Originally posted by nethaniah

Seriously Farmville? Yeah I think it's great. In a World where half our population is dying of hunger the more fortunate half is spending their time harvesting food that doesn't exist.

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by Iselin
    Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade

The ads you run influence the feel of the site itself. You can accept them from anyone indiscriminately as is your right but you run the risk of being tainted by the sleazy ones. 

Mmorpg.com is the sum of everything you experience here... articles, videos, posts, reviews an ads are all part of it.

This is so true. Running these League of Angels ads does nothing for the integrity of this site and does indeed make it feel very sleazy by association. I'm not sure how much it costs but maybe they could get the money from donations or by offering a cosmetic emote cash shop on the forums.

That and judging by the amount of ripped off content they have it's probably a good idea to look for another revenue stream that isn't going to be up to it's neck in copyright theft.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Originally posted by akuma696
    Originally posted by Sovrath
    are you sure? I don't recall that music?

Wouldent know don't have my headphones on ;)

And yea I am sure, here is the FFXIV version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68CNzwinqlg

SO in other words this post is trash cause you havent even bothered to verify your claims. I listened to both and they are not the same 

So in other words because the music is different yet the video is the same they are completely different videos?

._.

Reminds me of youtube, and how they will get a complaint about the audio of a copy write protected thing and the user only has to get rid of the audio of the thing yet the video remains.  A lot of full length movies on Youtube with no sound.

• Erinak1Erinak1 Member UncommonPosts: 205
    Originally posted by Laughing-man

SO in other words this post is trash cause you havent even bothered to verify your claims. I listened to both and they are not the same 

So in other words because the music is different yet the video is the same they are completely different videos?

._.

Reminds me of youtube, and how they will get a complaint about the audio of a copy write protected thing and the user only has to get rid of the audio of the thing yet the video remains.  A lot of full length movies on Youtube with no sound.

It seems that they now stole  for the intro (unless that is what it was before)

• MadatanMadatan Member UncommonPosts: 182
    What happened to akuma696? Leagoe of Angels need someone to defend their use of other companies material! ;)
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,361
    Originally posted by Erinak1
    Originally posted by Laughing-man

._.

It seems that they now stole  for the intro (unless that is what it was before)

u guys are confused , they have 2 videos , try to F5 until it changes.

1- FFXIV ARR opening , with FFXIV song

2- FFXIV heavensward intro , with Arthas song

• akuma696akuma696 Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Originally posted by Madatan
    What happened to akuma696? Leagoe of Angels need someone to defend their use of other companies material! ;)

My complaint was more to the OP for not doing proper research before posting. I loaded onto the page with the fireballs so no FF14 theme song or anything so yes poor reporting from the OP. IF you had to refresh the page to change it to that he should have mentioned it in his original post. enough said on this topic

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878

would a chinese court uphold the rights of a japanese developer?

It's an interesting question.

Until China starts exporting their own IP, they won't give a toss about protecting anyone else's. If people start pirating their software and other media, then they may start to take more significant action.

It's a pretty small scale case, so no one will take China to the WTO about it.

But they should not be allowed to advertise on reputable websites.

• ragz45ragz45 Member UncommonPosts: 810

The only way china will ever start to respect IP and copyright laws is if entire country's put an embargo on all Chinese goods until they have IP and Copyright laws in place on an international standard.

To be fair though, Korea is just as bad about this sort of thing.

• Dr_ShivinskiDr_Shivinski Member UncommonPosts: 311

So I haven't read every single post here. But referring back to OPs post. LoA did infact steal FFXIV 's main cinematic and the music from the Bahamut fight. I knew I heard it before because I've spent too much god damn time in there lately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMhcyzQ7mKw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNfcrBZVKbU

Edit: I refreshed that page and got the Arthas my Son song aswell. God these guys are fucking scum.

• Legion117Legion117 Member Posts: 27
    O_O How did they get away with that? 
  • SwampDragonsSwampDragons Member UncommonPosts: 352

My complaint was more to the OP for not doing proper research before posting. I loaded onto the page with the fireballs so no FF14 theme song or anything so yes poor reporting from the OP. IF you had to refresh the page to change it to that he should have mentioned it in his original post. enough said on this topic

I be sure to write out a fullpage memo for you next time so you don't have to rage like a kid ;)  And the fireballs is also FFXIV so you know. 

:)

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by Madatan What happened to akuma696? Leagoe of Angels need someone to defend their use of other companies material! ;)

Haha wow this game has a white knight? I thought I'd seen everything on these forms.
  • GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    League of Angels needs to be immediately removed from this site and have much worse action taken by the companies they're ripping off. Simply awful.
  • CoNk3rCoNk3r Member UncommonPosts: 70

Originally posted by SwampDragons Followed a ad from MMORPG and I loled http://vda.gtarcade.com/?q=150201Q2ntMp2

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141

The investigative reporting wasn't up to your high CI standards?  wtf lol?  Not that hard to sort out took me all of about 10 secs.

• Zontas_HierospiritZontas_Hierospirit Member UncommonPosts: 57

You might call it a game mod, but if they did it all themselves and probably without permission from the artists they used it from, then they just might be in trouble. Obviously though, as far as mods go, it's kind of neat. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Now if only indie developers would make an MMORPG like this, but with the combined efforts of a consensual agreement!

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by Zontas_Hierospirit

You might call it a game mod, but if they did it all themselves and probably without permission from the artists they used it from, then they just might be in trouble. Obviously though, as far as mods go, it's kind of neat. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Now if only indie developers would make an MMORPG like this, but with the combined efforts of a consensual agreement!

Or you could call it what it is, blatant copyright theft.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/