Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Item Mall gamble box rip-off

yucklawyersyucklawyers Member UncommonPosts: 240

*sigh* Nexon just gets worse and worse. This time it's one of those gamble boxes in the item mall. Advertised as a "collectors" box to help fill the in-game collection books which give you useful rewards. The boxes have mounts, wings and costumes plus the filler crap. But note it's older stuff, only the costume masks have not been seen before and costume stuff is very much the least valuable after the filler crap.

According to their forum, there have been multiple reports of 200 boxes being opened TWO HUNDRED!!! With no mount or wings, just the least valuable costumes in very, very small numbers and filler crap.

There is an element of luck involved of course, but from the reports and in-game popups, the drop rate on this box is just appallingly low. Shockingly so. It isn't even new, just re-cycled old stuff for the most part. It's pretty obvious that it's little more than a scam.

FYI.

Comments

• EncephalitisEncephalitis Member UncommonPosts: 78
    i'm more surprised that you're capable of being shocked over nexon doing such a thing. this is like their bread and butter tactic lol.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • yucklawyersyucklawyers Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989

As much as I'd love to hate on Nexon, they weren't the ones who created Atlantica, they merely bought the game from another company who already implemented the gambling boxes. They just took over where the last company left off. Either way, that game is decent casual fun.

Poor. Nexon set what's in the boxes and the odds. It is entirely down to Nexon.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • yucklawyersyucklawyers Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Originally posted by yucklawyers

As much as I'd love to hate on Nexon, they weren't the ones who created Atlantica, they merely bought the game from another company who already implemented the gambling boxes. They just took over where the last company left off. Either way, that game is decent casual fun.

Poor. Nexon set what's in the boxes and the odds. It is entirely down to Nexon.

Those rates existed long before Nexon had their greed little paws all over that game, lol. Blame Ndoors.

Absolute rubbish. I played with nDoors. The odds were far better, 1 in 20 was the standard reported odds back then. I can remember the polls in the forum. And with nDoors that was for new mounts, not recycled mounts like this box.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Not the first nor will it be the last.I have played a few games where this idea was done in a fair manner but another game W101 for example duped players badly to where imo they should have been sued.

There really is no LUCK factor,it is pure math,a % and using my own experience that % can be and is often as low as 1% or less.It is also a form of gambling using real money which SHOULD be far more closely monitored by law.It would take some serious parents to step in with children involved because we all know the law moves faster when children are involved and usually don't care about adult stupidity.

It is my opinion that when this type of cash grab is involved the factual ideas behind it should be known exactly to the gamer who is GAMBLING on these ideas.Also the FAIR aspect should be in for of WHERE you open a box or any other similar idea.Example if opening a box in a level 10 zone,you expect level 10 loot,the % should be known.

Actually imo gambling is a total scam,NOBODY is EVER going to spend money on vendor trash and that is most often what you get from these scams.SO it really is stealing money from gamer's.It is actually more a STEAL than what movies and music companies claim is stolen from them because in those realities only a VERY small % would have actually spent money but at least got what they were spending on,there is NO gambling involved.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.