Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Mesmer's Elite Specialization Revealed - The Chronomancer

2»

Comments

• Nemesis7884Nemesis7884 Member UncommonPosts: 1,023
    i just wished the mesmer art design would be more akin to the harlequin from warhammer or something like that and less like a fancy schmancy ball attendant
  • mazutmazut Member UncommonPosts: 988
    Originally posted by Aeander
    Originally posted by Thupli
    I'm still not sure how weapons interact w specializations. I thought they said it was tied to spec, so does that mean you get the access to shield only if you have the chrono trait/spec line selected? Can you still use swapping of weapon sets?

Essentially, it's tied into their rework for the trait system.

A Specialization is their new word for a trait line.

In order to access the new weapon, heal, utilities, and elite, you must have that Elite Specialization equipped. As you can only equip three specializations at a time, this comes at the cost of not equipping a third regular specialization - potentially losing out on any synergies that third line might have had with your other two lines. This could change the way you build your character drastically. 

REally? You can't use the weapon without picking the specialization path? At all?

• avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Originally posted by Octagon7711
    Mesmers died a lot at early levels but got pretty good later on.  I must admit I don't play mine very often but can be fun at times, hopefully this will make them more addictive to play.

They are awesome at level 80. One of the best classes of the game. 

• AI724AI724 Member UncommonPosts: 249
    Where's my f-ing Assassin!

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    OK, so I get this fancy hourglass focus for my Mesmer and they make a Chronomancer elite specialization that uses a shield? Please tell me that the focus will still be awesome to use with the chronomancer.  I simply have to use that item with that build.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,837
    Originally posted by eyelolled
    OK, so I get this fancy hourglass focus for my Mesmer and they make a Chronomancer elite specialization that uses a shield? Please tell me that the focus will still be awesome to use with the chronomancer.  I simply have to use that item with that build.

Well, the Focus is among the most useful Mesmer off-hands at the moment. It synergizes with the Inspiration Line, which is receiving a pretty hard buff and looks to be highly versatile.

The Focus currently grants the Mesmer -

An excellent aoe swiftness source

A Light field

An AoE pull.

A (stationary) high damage whirl-finisher phantasm that deflects projectiles

(When traited) Two projectile reflection sources

That's a lot rolled into one Off-hand. It is quite possibly their highest utility weapon. 

If you pair this with the Chronomancer, you're going to get access to Alacrity to lower your cooldowns further, which means more light fields, more pulls, more reflects, and more phantasms. This should make you excellent against ranged foes - particularly useful for WvW or PvE.

The Chronomancer has a lot of support thrown in as well. Its wells, for example, are Ethereal Fields. You could probably pump out some serious Confusion with multiple Phantasmal Wardens on these.