Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guess they're at least trying to get rid of some of the RMT problem.

justmemyselfandijustmemyselfandi Member UncommonPosts: 559

04/30/2015

"RMT and other illicit activities upset the balance of the game and, as such, are prohibited under the Terms of Service.

Because we have confirmed the existence of players who are engaging in these illicit activities, we have taken the actions listed below.

Time Period: Apr. 16, 2015 to Apr. 29, 2015
- Accounts receiving disciplinary action for RMT advertising: 2,446
- Accounts receiving disciplinary action for RMT/illicit activity: 11,776
- Action Details: Permanent ban from FINAL FANTASY XIV

- Accounts receiving disciplinary action for participation in RMT/illegal activity: 82
- Action Details: Temporary ban from FINAL FANTASY XIV

Players who discover any confirmed cheats should, under no circumstances, exploit or disseminate such information. Instead, we ask that players file a report by using the in-game command [System Menu] -> [Support & Information] -> [Contact Us] -> [Report Cheating].

We will continue to take stringent disciplinary action against any accounts with confirmed involvement in RMT/illicit activity; players should take care to steer clear of any activity that violates the Terms of Service."
Star Wars The Old Republic Referral http://www.swtor.com/r/V7xMPn
Free 7 days of sub time, unlocks, and items!

Comments

• monochrome19monochrome19 Member UncommonPosts: 715

I engaged in a lot of RMT, good thing I wasnt banned :D

• ragz45ragz45 Member UncommonPosts: 808
    So 14,000 people out of what... 4-5 million?  That that's roughly .28% of the people that have played FFXIV, I can't, even in the darkest reaches of my imagination, believe that only .28% of players have participated in RMT.  It's probably closer to 30%
  • Laughing-manLaughing-man Member UncommonPosts: 3,645
    Originally posted by ragz45
    So 14,000 people out of what... 4-5 million?  That that's roughly .28% of the people that have played FFXIV, I can't, even in the darkest reaches of my imagination, believe that only .28% of players have participated in RMT.  It's probably closer to 30%

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/square-enix-mmo-trio-fails-to-muster-1m-subscribers/0143457

With all respect their player base is closer to 500-700k subs for 14, not whatever number you stated. 

It is a good game though.

Also, not sure where you are getting that 30% of any player base would be participating in illicit activity...

• DarLorkarDarLorkar Member UncommonPosts: 1,082
    Originally posted by Laughing-man

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/square-enix-mmo-trio-fails-to-muster-1m-subscribers/0143457

With all respect their player base is closer to 500-700k subs for 14, not whatever number you stated. 

Also, not sure where you are getting that 30% of any player base would be participating in illicit activity...

They have had 4 million accounts created i guess.  How many still sub... who knows. 

AND  that link is a bit over a year old? at least this was at bottom of that article:

Updated: These MMO figures actually come from an original financial report that was filed on March 31st, 2014

But either way they are banning accounts they say. And that was in like 1 month? So they have a lot of trial accounts i would bet that are finding ways to participate in RMT.  Dunno...never played yet. So not sure how they set up the trial system. If it was paid accounts...then they at least made some cash off of them before the ban.

• justmemyselfandijustmemyselfandi Member UncommonPosts: 559
    Originally posted by DarLorkar

They have had 4 million accounts created i guess.  How many still sub... who knows. 

AND  that link is a bit over a year old? at least this was at bottom of that article:

Updated: These MMO figures actually come from an original financial report that was filed on March 31st, 2014

But either way they are banning accounts they say. And that was in like 1 month? So they have a lot of trial accounts i would bet that are finding ways to participate in RMT.  Dunno...never played yet. So not sure how they set up the trial system. If it was paid accounts...then they at least made some cash off of them before the ban.

If I recall correctly, trial accounts can't talk or trade.

Star Wars The Old Republic Referral http://www.swtor.com/r/V7xMPn
    Free 7 days of sub time, unlocks, and items!

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/33byo6/whats_ff14s_current_worldwide_state_in_terms_of/

A math whiz does some work and tells us less than 1 million based off the EXTREMELY (probably intentionally so) VAGUE info that SE has been giving us.

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/33byo6/whats_ff14s_current_worldwide_state_in_terms_of/

A math whiz does some work and tells us less than 1 million based off the EXTREMELY (probably intentionally so) VAGUE info that SE has been giving us.

Because that's more helpful... lol

Anyway, yeah, they've been banning people for RMT from the start, it's just not very often. They need to add a higher blacklist amount than 200, as well as make a clear option to quickly report these RMT spammers. If below "add to blacklist" has a "Report and Blacklist" it would be nice.

Originally posted by Ghavrigg

Anyway, yeah, they've been banning people for RMT from the start, it's just not very often. They need to add a higher blacklist amount than 200, as well as make a clear option to quickly report these RMT spammers. If below "add to blacklist" has a "Report and Blacklist" it would be nice.

How often is 'often enough'?

It seems that based off the time stamp that they do bannings every two weeks.  That's pretty often.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 6,227
    Sadly, people on lower populated servers wont really notice this decline. More populated servers will since SE is probably more focused to deal with those.
  • GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    Originally posted by Ghavrigg

How often is 'often enough'?

It seems that based off the time stamp that they do bannings every two weeks.  That's pretty often.

Oh maybe I just haven't noticed. Seems like it's only every few months that I see something regarding RMT.

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Install the guildwork app folks, completely blocks out RMT messages.  

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL