Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Keepside Chat 4/29 8pm Eastern - Mike Hines, GW Artist

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• wmmarcellinowmmarcellino Member UncommonPosts: 94
    Awesome Cal--thanks for posting that.

Do the RIGHT THING: come be a Paladin with us! http://ozemsvigil.guildlaunch.com/

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982

Art... not exactly the strong part of this game currently.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
  • BascolaBascola Member UncommonPosts: 425
    Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Art... not exactly the strong part of this game currently.

Technically a monkey flinging his poo at a canvas can be called art...the art in this game however, i can't put my finger on it, something is not right about it and it bugs me to the extend i would never think of playing it. It's just not appealing to me.

• HaagenHaagen Member Posts: 3
    This is the first game trying to translate the art style of Wayne Reynolds (Magic the Gathering, D&D 3.0/3.5/d20, Pathfinder)  from 2d to 3d.  I think they're doing pretty good so far.
  • wmmarcellinowmmarcellino Member UncommonPosts: 94
    I don't enjoy Pathfinder's art style, so PFO's art isn't my cup of tea.  It's the social dimensions of a kingmaker game that I find enjoyable.

Do the RIGHT THING: come be a Paladin with us! http://ozemsvigil.guildlaunch.com/

• MrTinkMrTink Member Posts: 12

Honestly, I don't have much of an issue with the graphical fidelity of the game. The textures are reasonably high resolution, the models are at a high enough poly size that I can tell that this is a Dwarf, and that is an (ugly as fuck) Elf. 

It's the animations that make everything like terrible. My Dwarf looks like he has a stick up his arse any time he moves. Nothing looks fluid. It looks like they got an intern who had only seen someone run a few times in his life to do them.