Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Line Of Defense CBT Live - Again

dsmartdsmart Member UncommonPosts: 386

It's that time of the month again, and this time we're opening up the CBT to more people as the game winds down to it's final late Summer launch.

We expect to unlock vehicles and aircraft as the last bits for testing. There is currently quite a bit to run through, due to the game being content and feature complete.

If you want to get a free F2P Starter Kit, sign up here. We send out Steam keys on the Friday ahead of a build release.

Please - please - understand that this game is not everyone and you are required to do quite a bit of initial reading before getting into it. You may not like it, and that's OK.

There is an extensive FAQ which answers a lot of questions; and the game's entire asset dB is also online. Both are updated regularly.

You can read how far the game has come, all the new stuff etc.

Lots of screen shots and videos also online, with new ones added at each build milestone. 

The CBT sign-up is not permanent. We run it for a few days, then shut it down and purge it. So once we pick the new people this Friday, ahead of the upcoming build, if you didn't get a key, you can try again next time when the CBT link goes back up. We tend to do this one or twice a month.

Game developers are just human beings who happen to make games for a living.
If you want to hold us up to higher standards of conduct, then go ahead
...but don't be surprised if we don't uphold them.

Comments

• Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780
    there another great game called PS2 :)

• dsmartdsmart Member UncommonPosts: 386
    Originally posted by Mad+Dog
    there another great game called PS2 :)

Yes - of course. But you do realize that 1) it's over two years old now 2) it is not getting a refresh 3) nobody is making these kind of games anymore, right?

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

wait .. this is a shooter, and requires a lot of reading? I usually read novels, not game manuals, and certainly not shooters. Is there a tutorial or something?

Don't mind me .. i guess i will pass. As pointed out before, I can always play PS2.

Originally posted by nariusseldon

wait .. this is a shooter, and requires a lot of reading? I usually read novels, not game manuals, and certainly not shooters. Is there a tutorial or something?

Don't mind me .. i guess i will pass. As pointed out before, I can always play PS2.

It doesn't require a lot of reading. Just some reading. The entire manual is online so you can see for yourself. In fact, the manual is smaller and less complex than PS2. Go look see for yourself.

The gameplay is straightforward, no tutorial needed; though we are planning on doing one. Plus it's pure PvP.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by dsmart
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

It doesn't require a lot of reading. Just some reading. The entire manual is online so you can see for yourself. In fact, the manual is smaller and less complex than PS2. Go look see for yourself.

The gameplay is straightforward, no tutorial needed; though we are planning on doing one. Plus it's pure PvP.

Now this makes more sense ....

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Any way to bring this up from the Steam client?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Originally posted by MMOExposed

I don't understand the question. The game is available directly from inside the Steam client

Is that what you were asking? Or are you have problems bringing it up in the client? Try that page or just search for "Line Of Defense"

If you are talking about the game docs, yes, they are accessible from the Steam client as well as in game and on the website.

Which is why when we did the free play weekend, I was surprised by people complaining about not knowing how to play. Which is why I wrote this blog post about that.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by dsmart
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

I don't understand the question. The game is available directly from inside the Steam client

Is that what you were asking? Or are you have problems bringing it up in the client? Try that page or just search for "Line Of Defense"

If you are talking about the game docs, yes, they are accessible from the Steam client as well as in game and on the website.

Which is why when we did the free play weekend, I was surprised by people complaining about not knowing how to play. Which is why I wrote this blog post about that.

No I forgot my password, so steam client saves it so I dont log in. Looking for the beta in the client rather than the link in the OP.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Ah OK. I was confused there for a minute :)