Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert: Female Blader Gameplay

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

One of Black Desert Online's playable classes is the female Blader. See her in action in this new video from Daum and Pearl Abyss.

The new female Blader is classified an "Elegant Plum Blossom". The FemBlader shares skills with her male counterpart along with some of her own unique skills, including flower petals raining down on the battlefield.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563

Koreans are calling her "The Plum Flower" class. 

Female Blader is a different class but the same as it's male counterpart . Pearl Abyss said each class would get an male and female version all with slight twist from each other. Male version uses wind animations where female uses cherry blossoms (hence the name "The Plum Flower").

As far as I know the stats will almost be identical but as valk compare to war, many have said war is more tanky and valk is more supportive. So male blader might be stronger in attack and female might be faster in speed.

• NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739
    You can watch it with better quality and higher resolution at Steparu's youtube channel.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    They might want to rename that in the western version lol
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Hmmmm....

Is this what an MMO would look like if it was produced by Michael Bay ? image

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    For a moment I read that as bladder, one of those situations where your brain is deciding the word irrespective of what your eyes see.
    Chamber of Chains
  • kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044
    Originally posted by cheyane
    For a moment I read that as bladder, one of those situations where your brain is deciding the word irrespective of what your eyes see.

You just described pretty much every forum goer !

On topic, looks nice n all, but this epic dumbing down they are doing to the native version has got me very twitchy....

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko

Hmmmm....

LMAO. I think you might be on to something though.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• thunderclesthundercles Member UncommonPosts: 510
    Turn down the effects please. Eyes hurt.
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Senbonzakura BAN KAI!

• TheelyTheely Member UncommonPosts: 430
    I think I just had a seizure.
  • ShadowVlicanShadowVlican Member UncommonPosts: 158
    All the effects look the same... Just the same artless black shit circling and flying everywhere..

I had high hopes for this game...
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by cheyane

Yeah had an imagine something like this for the gameplay...

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    I have to say, I'm diggin the anime samurai look.  I'll have to check this game out just to give that class a try.  Reminds me a bit of Samurai Champloo or Kenshin Himura. 
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko

Hmmmm....

You nailed it. Exactly what i was thinking but expressed better than i could :D

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    I'll play it when I have the chance, but I doubt i'll stick with it as much as I've heard they've murdered it over the course of beta.
  • KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    Pearl Abyss always shows the game in his videos with full effects. But there are sliders for both camera shake and skill effects that can be toggled from 1 to 100. The effects are not so bad when you're actually playing the game, but the fast-paced gameplay and Youtube compression makes the videos look weird, and hard to know what is going on. 
  • loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944
    Originally posted by DMKano

Now that Black Desert has essentially become a solo game - the Blader was intentially made considerably stronger than other classes (since PvP seems to not be the focus anymore, I guess it doesn't matter if one class is in /faceroll mode)

In a recent interview with BD devs this was brought up:

Now the reality is that Blader is *much* stronger even at 50 - again it doesn't matter since again this is a PvE solo game esentially so it's not that big of a deal really.

i confirm i visit also this forum where is hosted the interview.. There, they rant the hell out for the direction this game took. I had hopes for this game but it looks like a huge flop so far for the Korean version.. The Russian version has different publisher and it will be more PvP centric. Guess in NA/EU we will have the Korean publisher ...

• TacticalZombehTacticalZombeh Member UncommonPosts: 430

I had a plum tree in my backyard while I was growing up.

If plum blossoms could do that, we wouldn't have had problems with birds and Japanese beetles eating the fruit.

Elegant Plum Blossom? wtf?