It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
It's been a bad few years. We keep trying new MMO's and going back to old ones. Like a few that Andy and I played recently on and off: WoW, Rift, Wildstar, ESO, FF14. The biggest issue is that these games feel like a themepark. Okay well so is EQ2 I assume but a lot these games feel like your path is sent in stone more less in FF14 but you still don't feel like you have 100% freedom if that sadly makes any sense. They don't tend to have unique features or things that players discovered that make the game interesting. Like special farming places, cool hideouts, a world to share and a world that has a meaning in a way. A reason you visit that zone again for whatever strange reason.
So I'm going to throw some random things we are wanting and looking forward to and I want to hear what you guys have to say. Feel free to be detailed I'm also trying be as detailed as possible.
* I wonderful loving community that everyone knows everyone by name. I think looking back we keep talking about very old games like Anarchy Online and just how amazing people were close and how everyone was friends. We love to find the same thing in a guild. Be part of something wonderful and amazing. I miss the days being the new guy and people forced themselves on me! Like give me a break I don't want free armor and education and runs and omg it's like a bridal shower! I want all that again
* Game that has a lot of things to do not just end game raiding.
* Collections if this is pets, mounts, social things like toys or wears or even house items.
* Trophies Something you never see in games at all is something like bring back a boss head and mounting it or something that you can laugh and cry about some the best moments in the game.
* We love dungeons a lot more then raiding these days. We like solo, small group dungeons also if they exist.
* Mentoring system something that allows my friend and I to level our own pace but also team up and do things together. Even more fun when you Mentor down and you are sort of a little badass and impress your friends with.
* Scaling content. Not sure but you don't really see content scaling these days. Mainly because most games use levels and not skill and you end up splitting away from your friends because you are not equals and can't do much.
* Great Crafting and Gathering System. Something that is a bit more then just chasing nodes on the map and have maybe some special things connected to it like abilities or outfits that might have better procs or do something special
* Special rare crafting materials. Things you find and need if it's through mobs, or harvesting or other unique ways.
* Farming Mobs, etc.. This one is a hard one to explain. Clearly you can farm any mob. But the thing we missed a lot that is a consistently missing element in most MMO's now is the older school games you could spend days farming a particular group of baddies. Why? For special drop if it was a social item or house item collection it did not matter. I really miss where you could sit back watch some TV and get your grind on for a purpose other then daily quest or forced grind for rep etc... Normally these are things you don't need or have to do but you do it because you enjoy the farming!
* Exploration, This is becoming a issue in so many MMO's they are lacking places to explore. Sadly a good example be Wild Star, WoW, etc. Sure to a brand new player it's great but a old player it's 2 years of pain and suffering for another small hype once every 2 years. I miss games had so many dungeons and zones and so much to do and explore.
* Housing and Guild housing is important. Wildstar had decent housing. Just was that you never knew or got to see anyones houses. Sadly I know all games instance housing now but in WildStar it was a good example of housing that you never saw anyone else work. Even more so there is no Guild Housing at this time and really splits your community up. I love hanging out for hours just afking talking to guild mates.
* Storage I want storage I love storage give me storage!
* New content regularly. If you can add a new dungeon or raid 2-3 times a year or offer massive content at a fee once a year I'm sold.
* Lots and lots of random things to do new or unique features then a lot of MMO's I see MMO's where you can only fish for certain things at certain times or special mobs come out at night or just new type of game features you take for granted for example think EQ2 has something called AA?
Now a more personal Matter:
I have issues picking classes. I have always had this. Even the games with 4 Classes I could spend days even quit because I never can decide and people will hound me their the same etc or they are all good and Ahhh! I'm your kid and you are going to dress me up for School Today!
If I don't do this Andy my friend will kill me because this has caused us issues in the past
* I dislike casting classes.
* I dislike complex rotation classes. I'm so use to few button smash farming all night long and close my eyes classes.
* I dislike pets or third party things following me even if they don't need to be sent out to fetch I find them a distraction beside me even to be a dot.
* I love range and I love melee. But remember dislike casting so a lot of games archers are fine but mage would not be.
* I love soloing and sadly even in a MMO I'm a big lonely loser.
* I love classes that feel snappy and fast as taking things down with least amount of effort. So I just use the word hunter or archer tend to be ones I like a lot in many MMO's.
* I also do like the classes that can do all they tend to be the Warrior like classes like a Death Knight sorry for the WoW reference.