Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official Lineage 2 Classic Server Coming!

VIktory4Lineage2VIktory4Lineage2 Member UncommonPosts: 62

Lineage 2 known for it's hardcore PvP rule sets and massive PvP etc: Clan Wars and Castle Siege and fighting over open world raid bosses is returning back to it's core. NCsoft sold the rights to a company called Innova it's a EU company that has the right to officially launch a server, and it's already done one launch last year it released a classic server in RU and it's got more people playing it than the live core server. Innova opened a registration page to see if it would be acceptable to open an English version/EU one and within 5 days they have collected almost 8,000 unique registrations which is amazing.

I'm posting here to inform anyone that looking to play a old school pvp game that requires communication and actually playing an MMO where you actually have to make friends and group up in parts, join a clan start a war and take over the world.  

Here is a video of Innova first classic server released last year in RU, and this video is showing 3 clans AM/RS/RISE vs ROA the leading clan of 200 people fighting for the first raid boss kill. If you are interested in a community that cares about each other and creating rivals I would suggest you head on over to 

https://eu.4game.com/lineage2classic/ and see if it's what you're looking for and if it is sign up support the project.

NOTE: Innova is the official publisher for Lineage 2 in Europe, this is not a private server.

Comments

• PanasyncPanasync Member UncommonPosts: 18

Lineage 2 Classic is pay-to-play business model featuring a $30 monthly subscription

good luck....

• VIktory4Lineage2VIktory4Lineage2 Member UncommonPosts: 62
    Originally posted by Panasync

Lineage 2 Classic is pay-to-play business model featuring a $30 monthly subscription

good luck....

Innova haven't released how much the business model would be, but if it's anything like RU, it's going to be 5€ - 10€. Which isn't even close to 30 bucks a month. You are correct though they will be making it pay-to-play which is actually a great thing.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    6 days down the road for the registration and they're already on half of the 15K registrations they want, with a bit over 2 weeks to go. Also worth to note is that the server will be subscription based (as said by OP) WITHOUT CASH SHOP!
  • InnadrilInnadril Member UncommonPosts: 41
    Let's see if they don't ban this one :D All aboard the hardcore nostalgia train!
  • VIktory4Lineage2VIktory4Lineage2 Member UncommonPosts: 62
    been riding this train for months please god never let it end!
  • MrMonolitasMrMonolitas Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Originally posted by Reizla
    6 days down the road for the registration and they're already on half of the 15K registrations they want, with a bit over 2 weeks to go. Also worth to note is that the server will be subscription based (as said by OP) WITHOUT CASH SHOP!

Which is amazing! I hope after registration they will be convinced that we are still here! 

I wonder if all MMO sites that are not telling anything about L2C project now that we need them, will start talking about it once we achieve the goal and server gets officially announced... Lineage 2 will always be Lineage 2, haters gonna hate
  • GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 605

I'm surprised the staff here hasn't written an article on this phenomenon yet. It's actually quite a big thing in Korea and Russia, I hear the Classic servers are doing better than the normal ones, both in popularity and revenue.

Me I'm just happy I get to play this classic gem once more on an official server filled with like minded fans :D

Well they even deleted posts advertising Classic in their lobbies with the reason "it's against the game rules to promote unofficial servers or emulators". They warned me in a thread and banned me for 1 day in another... They didn't know that Innova existed and that they are official publisher for Lineage 2 in Europe. Yet they call themselves an MMO specialized site.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Originally posted by Innadril
    Well they even deleted posts advertising Classic in their lobbies with the reason "it's against the game rules to promote unofficial servers or emulators". They warned me in a thread and banned me for 1 day in another... They didn't know that Innova existed and that they are official publisher for Lineage 2 in Europe. Yet they call themselves an MMO specialized site.

Who did this? mmorpg.com?

• GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 605

Aventurine doing a petition to reopen DF1 aswell :D Seems people are craving oldschool MMOs again.

Could this be a sign that the WoW cloning era is finally over and that we're going back to the roots ?

• MavolenceMavolence Member UncommonPosts: 635
    Signed up registered, can't wait!
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Originally posted by Scambug

Aventurine doing a petition to reopen DF1 aswell :D Seems people are craving oldschool MMOs again.

Could this be a sign that the WoW cloning era is finally over and that we're going back to the roots ?

I sure hope so. I have said before that something new and innovative is not what we need. We need to take a step back and see what made mmos special and go from there.

• SoliloquySoliloquy Member CommonPosts: 128

Hello Innadril!

If there is ever any issue with moderation or if you ever have questions or concerns please feel free to e-mail Michael Bitton at:

[email protected]

While the moderators always try to be fair and accurate, mistakes can be made and we are always happy to rectify any errors.

If there is something that needs clarification or if additional research needs to be done in order to evaluate correct moderation, Michael will be able to do this.

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Aventurine doing a petition to reopen DF1 aswell :D Seems people are craving oldschool MMOs again.Could this be a sign that the WoW cloning era is finally over and that we're going back to the roots ?
    If this true i would sign up right away for Darkfall Classic.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

Not exactly.

I think this is a sign that the audience that wanted/liked old school games is still out there and still willing to play games that harken back to the older game play.

They never went away there was just a huge influx of people that were more "turned on" to the (at the time) newer style of game play.

In any case if an original Lineage II official server was to open I would be there on opening day.

The only concern I have is if they decided to eventually add the other, newer content bringing them "up to date".

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Originally posted by Soliloquy

Hello Innadril!

If there is ever any issue with moderation or if you ever have questions or concerns please feel free to e-mail Michael Bitton at:

[email protected]

While the moderators always try to be fair and accurate, mistakes can be made and we are always happy to rectify any errors.

If there is something that needs clarification or if additional research needs to be done in order to evaluate correct moderation, Michael will be able to do this.

Hi there, I replied both to the warning and to the ban, didn't receive any answer. It had to come the head Community Manager of Innova, CM Onyx, and send you a formal letter which is kind of a joke. The ban was just for 1 day but was unfair as the reason was wrong. An article speaking about this event would be great. The reboot of an 11 years old MMO is about to kill its current version.

• BK2O1BK2O1 Member UncommonPosts: 91

It's over 10k registered now. I don't think they will have a problem reaching their goal. I will definitely be there on day one! 

Party like its 2003!

Originally posted by Torval

What are they going to do for updates? Is the game never going to get patched? I can't see people playing that for long. If it's going to get patched to the current version what's the point in starting over?

I be there for a Lineage 1 server in a heartbeat.

Lineage 2 Classic is a reboot of Lineage 2 so it actually GETS UPDATES. Only difference is that they've learned a lot of "not-to-do" things along the way, so Classic is intended to not be fucked up like the current version was. They're getting rid of the carebear changes that casualized the game to the point of actual MMOs of nowadays. L2C is a full reset from the begining but learning of their many errors.

• zalatoyzalatoy Member UncommonPosts: 65
    I told the ncsoft na community manager to do this with thousands of players in like 2005. But they could not pull their heads out of their ass. Finally 10 years later they actually doing it might be to late dough. Privet servers made millions because of ncsoft idiot management.
  • arunasmearunasme Member UncommonPosts: 129

People seem to be living in an illusion where the old L2 is somekinda perfect world, it's not, it's so insanely grindy and boring, there's a reason it has one of the most advanced bots around, give it a month after launch and the server will be almost empty, the game will be impossible for solo players, nearly impossible for random groups, a bit easier for organised clans, ok for no-life clans, and perfect for those who launch a bot.

For those who say its doing great in korea - sorry i doubt it, probably 99% are bots, again sorry no numbers to back this up.

For those who say its doing great in russia - no its not. It has 4 server and 3 of them are in heavy decline ever since launch:

Eva - daily peak at 1k,

Maphr - daily peak 500,

Shillien - little over 1k,  

and the main server Gran Kain - at a decent 3k+ daily.

• SoliloquySoliloquy Member CommonPosts: 128

Hello Innadril!

[email protected]

Hi there, I replied both to the warning and to the ban, didn't receive any answer. It had to come the head Community Manager of Innova, CM Onyx, and send you a formal letter which is kind of a joke. The ban was just for 1 day but was unfair as the reason was wrong. An article speaking about this event would be great. The reboot of an 11 years old MMO is about to kill its current version.

Hey Innadril (and this info is for everyone),

We moderators really shouldn't be having a back and forth with people about moderation, that falls into Mike's domain. So ...

Always write to Mike B. at: [email protected]

This can be for moderation or for things like articles on a "reboot of an 11 year old game".

When the moderator told you that there needed to be a "formal letter" then I imagine that could also be in the form of just an e-mail to Michael. I'm sure Michael can better explain what is needed. And if it does indeed need to be a letter then I am sure he can explain to you the "why".

on Topic: I would love a reboot of Lineage 2!

Originally posted by Torval
    What do you mean by get their own updates? Where did NCSoft say they're going to develop completely separate and new patches and content updates for this release? All I've seen so far is they're releasing a vanilla server if they get enough interest.

You can find a lot of info links here https://4gameforum.com/threads/l2-classic-general-information.25732/ yet most of them are in korean and russian. You didn't hear about classic and its own updates because NC West is retarded, but Lineage 2 Classic is in continuous development by NCSOFT Korea, and we are getting our translated clients into the west thanks to Innova (the RU/EU official publisher). You can find even funny korean TV spots about L2C in youtube, also you can get a lot of info if you use google translator in the links of the forum thread I wrote above.

In summary, L2C for now is the map from prelude, with its hardcore slow progression, but the polished gameplay of latest chronicles (this means visual improvements, revamped UI, skills that didn't exist in prelude-C3, etc). With every classic update we get more map zones, weapon grades, lvl cap, etc. As I said before this is a reboot of the original game, so they want to repeat the epic adventures without fucking the game again like they did.

If we start as RU version started, top grade will be C and top zones for leveling/farming will be Cruma and Dragon Valley, that for patch 1.0. In 2.0 the map gets new zones around Aden or Hunters Village (I'm not sure), top grade up to B, etc.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Originally posted by arunasme

People seem to be living in an illusion where the old L2 is somekinda perfect world, it's not, it's so insanely grindy and boring, there's a reason it has one of the most advanced bots around, give it a month after launch and the server will be almost empty, the game will be impossible for solo players, nearly impossible for random groups, a bit easier for organised clans, ok for no-life clans, and perfect for those who launch a bot.

I'm not under any illusion. I prefer grind games, especially over quest games, precisely because you are "doing something".

Quest games you are just running around.

I know perfectly well what Lineage 2 was about.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 

Hey Innadril (and this info is for everyone),

We moderators really shouldn't be having a back and forth with people about moderation, that falls into Mike's domain. So ...

Always write to Mike B. at: [email protected]

This can be for moderation or for things like articles on a "reboot of an 11 year old game".

When the moderator told you that there needed to be a "formal letter" then I imagine that could also be in the form of just an e-mail to Michael. I'm sure Michael can better explain what is needed. And if it does indeed need to be a letter then I am sure he can explain to you the "why".

on Topic: I would love a reboot of Lineage 2!

When I replied to those sanctions I did it to "[email protected]". By the way, moderators should make a bit of research before banning for a false reason, I mean, if someone visits the link I provided he can see the NCSOFTs license, logos, get info about Innova, etc. The person who warned and banned me just didn't know anything about the matter and he/she should simply thought "well, this must be a private server or emulator, let's swing the banhammer" doing that without a clue is quite incompetent. If I'm going to warn or ban someone at least I'm going to get my facts straight and know that what I'm doing is right, instead of blindly swing that hammer.