Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert Online open beta impressions video

2»

Comments

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609

I am definitely weird.  The thing that impressed me most was the kiviat diagram.

Something seemed slow, too slow for gaming.  I don't know if it was his internet or a system issue, but I wouldn't play that if those conditions occurred regularly on my system.  The landscape was relatively nice, the character images appeared very nice.  It did give me the impression that more time was spent on the characters than the various other objects in the world -- the disparity in detail made the characters appear to 'not belong' in the same world as the wagons and bushes and the mundane landscape objects.  I'd like to see this in a 1st person view (my preference). 

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815

I also had a chance to play the K open beta.  Played up to lvl 51.

I agree with the two points OP made.  Graphics are stunning i am fortunate to have a SLI rig and was able to run on ultra setting at about 40fps at 4k.  The combat and animations are sweet, physics are realistic.  Thats where it ends though. There is no pvp until you reach lvl 50, you can't flag, pk or even duel lol! Once you hit 50 you are able to pvp but if you flag on someone and kill them your Karma is so high it takes a long time to work off, also if you are attacking and defend yourself and happen to kill the attacker you get Karma! WTF??  Even the publisher admits to changing it to a more carebear flavor so "misbehaved players" don't ruin the experience for others.  Only way to pvp without penalty is Guilds declaring war on each other.

I will say that they haven't decided the ruleset for the western market though, so it might change when it gets here.

• monochrome19monochrome19 Member UncommonPosts: 723
    From what I've seen in the few Twitch streams I watch Pearl Abyss seem to actively want to stop gold sellers, bots, and the like. I asked the same thing of another streamer and he showed me the auction house, you have to enter a captcha to prove you are not a bot, and hopefully there are other elements like this to impede bots, gold sellers, etc. Pearl Abyss is probably the first studio I've seen that instead of giving a filler response about the subject, is trying to DO something and I love it! Cant wait for this game! :D
  • DauzaDauza Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by monochrome19
    From what I've seen in the few Twitch streams I watch Pearl Abyss seem to actively want to stop gold sellers, bots, and the like. I asked the same thing of another streamer and he showed me the auction house, you have to enter a captcha to prove you are not a bot, and hopefully there are other elements like this to impede bots, gold sellers, etc. Pearl Abyss is probably the first studio I've seen that instead of giving a filler response about the subject, is trying to DO something and I love it! Cant wait for this game! :D

That made me more hype for Black Desert T_T Cant wait to play it!