Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Rise of the Emperor Arrives with New Trailer

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The latest Star Wars: The Old Republic update, Rise of the Emperor, will see players continuing the battle against Revan. The story will give players a chance to confront the Sith Emperor; join forces with Lana Beniko, Minister of Sith Intelligence and Theron Shan, a Galactic Republic spy; and will be able to explore Ziost, the "Gateway to the Empire" in a state of chaos. Check out the video below to see what awaits.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    I've been having fun with it so far. Lots of QoL improvements in the patch too. (Like vastly reduced cooldowns on traveling powers. Or no cooldowns at all if you're a sub with the Legacy perks) image

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by cura
    Im waiting for the Rise of the Fixed Enigine expansion first.

Havent they fixed that awful laggy engine by now?

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    Downloading patch... will be there in few minutes.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    Originally posted by Muke

They did. I've experienced major fps improvemends over the last 6 months. However, some people demand to be able to play TOR flawlessly on a potato.

• MuruganMurugan Member Posts: 1,494

I'm running this game on ultra using the following with no lag/problems.  It is much better than I remember it (though I only played it during late beta I had written the game off and never heard anything that might make me take another look), I might even subscribe come May 4th for the 12x XP bonus so I can do story missions only on a couple characters.

i7 2.67 GHZ

GTX 760

6gb of RAM and running the game off an SSD.

I decided to play it not because of this expansion but purely because of The Force Awakens, and I'm really surprised at how good it is so far.  It is no FFXIV or WoW even in terms of MMO features, support and content, but it is better than other free MMO's I have tried.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Originally posted by Shodanas

They did. I've experienced major fps improvemends over the last 6 months. However, some people demand to be able to play TOR flawlessly on a potato.

GLaDOS ran pretty well on a potato.  :-)

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000

May the 4th be with y'all!

TRAVEL THE GALAXY WITH YOUR NEW ASTROMECH DROID!

In honor of May the 4th, we are giving the M4-1S Astromech Droid to the entire Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ community!*

• Join the battle by May 4th to to claim your new Astromech Droid.

FOCUS ON YOUR STORY WITH THE EPIC STORY XP BOOST!

THE BOOST DELIVERS AN ACCELERATED AND MORE IMMERSIVE STORY EXPERIENCE!

Inspired by the popularity of the 12x XP Boost, Subscribers can level faster while experiencing a deeper and more engaging story-telling experience. The Epic Story XP Boost includes reduced cool down on quick travel options and increased commendations to facilitate acquisition of the gear you need when you need it.

• Level your characters from 1 – 55 at an accelerated rate
    • Now you have the ability to toggle on/off the Epic Story XP Boost once acquired
    • Act now, the Epic Story XP Boost ends this Fall

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• NikaasNikaas Member UncommonPosts: 135

They didnt , the problems are most likely server side - i.e. more players in the zone, lower FPS or respectively less players in the zone, higher FPS. If a lot of players come back right now you will notice the exact same problerms again.

Im not an expert at all but if you truly insist i can tell you the basic idea why it is so.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Nikaas

They didnt , the problems are most likely server side - i.e. more players in the zone, lower FPS or respectively less players in the zone, higher FPS. If a lot of players come back right now you will notice the exact same problerms again.

Im not an expert at all but if you truly insist i can tell you the basic idea why it is so.

It's not the zones. It's likely the amount of players in one area (aka on your screen).

The zones are currently already often filled to capacity, at which point another instance gets created. I frequently play in zones that are full, with no problems whatsoever. And Shodanas is right, they did do a lot of optimizing over the years.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Currently Swtor is my best, most fun to play, game ever, ... close 2nd now Wow. Then long nothing.
  • sipusipu Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade
    Originally posted by Nikaas

It's not the zones. It's likely the amount of players in one area (aka on your screen).

The zones are currently already often filled to capacity, at which point another instance gets created. I frequently play in zones that are full, with no problems whatsoever. And Shodanas is right, they did do a lot of optimizing over the years.

I run tests every patch they release (16 men raid, 8x8 WZ). The engine is still broken, literally nothing has changed ... fps drops from 100 to 20-30 in the crowd with huge delay on character control (slow client-server response time).

My rig: EVGA GTX980 classified, Samsung SDD 850 PRO, i7 @ 4.8Ghz WaterCooled

• illutianillutian Member UncommonPosts: 343

Nope. Too much of a paywall.

...lol, can't even gain access to UI elements unless I pay; Fuck that.

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall.

• syltmackasyltmacka Member UncommonPosts: 404
    apearntly after some tries, it seems that you play better on swtor the crappier computor you have.
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Originally posted by illutian

Nope. Too much of a paywall.

...lol, can't even gain access to UI elements unless I pay; Fuck that.

What pay wall?  You literally sub and all those limits and restrictions are lifted.  Then, you will get preferred status whether you decide to resub or not.  You'll have more then enough action bars and UI setting options as preferred.  If you are one of those players who refuses to spend any money at all in F2P.  Disregard this message.

• jamouyijamouyi Member UncommonPosts: 1
    even though this game is f2p it's basically p2w which suck's when its suppose to be f2p with limited items you buy with cartel not everything basically needing cartel and also reduced xp at lvl 20 wdf is with that now i have to pay for my xp and it takes like 20-25% of it away some bull