Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mortal Online Hacks

DinoXDinoX Member Posts: 3

sv did it again.  hackers have gained access to to the database and made themselves gms.  in game text was changed by the hacker on tutorials and payment info may be unsafe.  would suggest removing it if you can get to site but both the site and forums are giving server down errors.  players are getting banned as well.  im done with this game.  sv cant handle this let alone steam release.

proof on reddit

http://www.reddit.com/r/MortalOnline/comments/343bzs/well_this_just_happened_to_sv/

Comments

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

Some of the altered faqs were quite entertaining.

But seriously this game and the company behind it have never been anything other than a scam. It would be a mercy if a skilled hacker finally put it down for good.

Harbinger of Fools
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

You will not find a bigger critic of SV than me, but there is no excuse for hacking.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• GolbezTheLionGolbezTheLion Member UncommonPosts: 347

If the game makes it to steam that will likely be the proverbial straw that breaks the camels back.

MO would get absolutely hammered on the steam forums, reviews would be overwhelmingly negative, and more bad press is the last thing the company needs after the debacle that has taken place over the last few years.

Why they would think it's a good idea is beyond me and only serves to show how out of touch SV is when it comes to making intelligent, informed decisions.

• NajwalaylahNajwalaylah Member UncommonPosts: 85

Originally posted by Dakeru
    Some of the altered faqs were quite entertaining.But seriously this game and the company behind it have never been anything other than a scam. It would be a mercy if a skilled hacker finally put it down for good.
    It would be an exaggeration, I feel, to specify "skilled". I'm afraid it was easy, rather than hard at all.
    Casilda Tametomo, Priestess of Soldeus | AKA Lepida Aegis-Imperium.com

«Si oblitus fuero usque ad finem omnia opera eorum»

• CaptainObviousCaptainObvious Member UncommonPosts: 43
    The real funny part is that in an attempt to cover it up SV are IP banning people who mention it on the forums.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906

Just because a company was hacked and their game messed with doesn't give people freedom to crap all over everything and come up with a bunch of bullshit claims.  FYI   Target was hacked,  Home Depot was hacked,  Hell even the fucking IPhone Cloud was hacked.  All you so called people who know everything about how to secure information floating in the internet should probably sit back a moment and think before crapping next time.  They are using a gaming engine that is almost 10 years old and yes I do have problems with how they run the game but I'm not gonna shit on them for getting hacked.

Hackers doing things for LOL's is funny but when they fuck with other people's hard work they are nothing better then a terrorist who needs to be put in jail.  Its like someone who keys your car in the parking lot because they think its funny yet it ends up costing you thousands of dollars to fix.

Are you onto something or just on something?
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

hopefully this time sv will start to issue new passwords to gms when they are given old gm accounts instead of keeping the same passwords...

Honestly its just retarded to not changethe gm account passwords every time so old gms cant geain access to the accounts..

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880
    Its deleted from that redit link

• oldmostaffoldmostaff Member CommonPosts: 18
    Theres another thread tho in the subreddit, and all the pics are in there. I hear some of the bad descriptions/text is still live in game lol.