Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For all that hype about battle space ships?

makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
I quit last time when that space ship thing came out, the controllable fighter pvp things. It seemed to have alot of hype, and every one busted on me, calling me stupid for dis liking it. Anyways what happened lol? I try to get into a pvp que for them, on the most populated server, and I never get a group. I managed to get one once, but it took like 30 mins. I will say this, I always have the normal pvp que up, and that always gets me a group all times i play within max 5 mins, so that could be why. What I am saying though, when I played around the time it came out, every one said it was like gods gift to man kind, and now no one plays it, compared to regular pvp ahha. 

Comments

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Do you feel better now... After getting that huge chip off your shoulder...? 

Any way.. Blind hen and all that. 

This have been a good conversation

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by makasouleater69
    It seemed to have alot of hype, and every one busted on me, calling me stupid for dis liking it. 

Hardly. A lot of people disliked it from the moment it was announced that GSF was going to be a PvP only thing, with no plans to add a PvE version. After the devs had hyped up the SSSP* thing for a long time leading up to it. (I was among the disappointed myself.)

Add in some horrible implementation and it's no surprise that even the developers have completely abandoned it. Ah well, live in and learn also applies to developers. They are people just like the rest of us. :)

* Super Secret Space Project

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    GSF is actually fun, and it got a lot of potential, Sadly BW have abandoned the Dev of new Content for it, at least for now. 
  • JonBonJawaJonBonJawa Member UncommonPosts: 489

they got it all wrong. Seriously.

People expected "Jump to Lightspeed" or something like "X-Wing" Online.

What we got was instanced space arenas, no cockpits, no PvE, no open world. Just arenas to queue up.

It was fun for a little distraction but nothing to really focus on.

SWTOR is still a ground game with a few space minigames.

• makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    Originally posted by tawess

Do you feel better now... After getting that huge chip off your shoulder...? 

Any way.. Blind hen and all that. 

I feel better after I took a nap=) Haha i dono about my comment, i didnt put to much into it, I was just bored waiting for the server to come back up. 

• ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405
    Originally posted by MoreOfTheSame

What we got was instanced space arenas, no cockpits, no PvE, no open world. Just arenas to queue up.

All is the operative word. Your best bet if you have carved out the decade for betrothal to SWTOR is to never have expectations, and to never look deeper than what is on your screen. That's all there is, nothing else to learn or discover or experience, its just a simple WoW clone with plotted paths.

A deep space game could have taken the shallow ground experience and added depth. Instead they took a game that lacked depth and put some mini games into the mix. I really wish that SWTOR had been better, but it isn't, and it isn't going to change.

MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade
    Originally posted by makasouleater69
    It seemed to have alot of hype, and every one busted on me, calling me stupid for dis liking it. 

Hardly. A lot of people disliked it from the moment it was announced that GSF was going to be a PvP only thing, with no plans to add a PvE version. After the devs had hyped up the SSSP* thing for a long time leading up to it. (I was among the disappointed myself.)

Add in some horrible implementation and it's no surprise that even the developers have completely abandoned it. Ah well, live in and learn also applies to developers. They are people just like the rest of us. :)

* Super Secret Space Project

This+ Making it PVP was a waste of time and your not alone. Hardly anyone bothers with it now.

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

Space in tor is an epic FAIL, if you want a half way decent space you should have played Jump to light speed on SWG

Originally posted by Archlyte
    Originally posted by MoreOfTheSame

All is the operative word. Your best bet if you have carved out the decade for betrothal to SWTOR is to never have expectations, and to never look deeper than what is on your screen. That's all there is, nothing else to learn or discover or experience, its just a simple WoW clone with plotted paths.

A deep space game could have taken the shallow ground experience and added depth. Instead they took a game that lacked depth and put some mini games into the mix. I really wish that SWTOR had been better, but it isn't, and it isn't going to change.

their real problem might be AI, it´s obvious that ground mobs are not very smart and somewhere they said it would be near impossible to create a fully 6DOF AI for space ships into the game. So no PvE in this engine.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    The super secret space project failed big time.  Surprisingly though, the queues were quite fast the last time i played around 6 months ago.  I'm guessing it was mostly due the dailies/weeklies for it.  I've never had to wait longer than 10 minutes for a game.
    Originally posted by observer
    The super secret space project failed big time.  Surprisingly though, the queues were quite fast the last time i played around 6 months ago.  I'm guessing it was mostly due the dailies/weeklies for it.  I've never had to wait longer than 10 minutes for a game.

I´m still waiting for a good PvE space part in SWTOR, but it should not be battle arenas, I´d rather go to my hangar and fly out manually. But the odds for such a major change tend towards 0%.... Maybe in SWTOR 2 :-p