Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] Guild Wars 2: Specializations - A New Way to Play

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Some more news has spilled all over the internet yesterday detailing specializations.  It seems the real goal for the developers is to completely change not only how players progress their characters, but how they play them as well.

Read more of David North's Guild Wars 2: Specializations - A New Way to Play.

I wonder what an Engineer with a Hammer would play like?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    Look forward to it
  • elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    This is why I've been leveling one of each class to 80 in the past few months.  Been having a blast doing it too.  I'm down to 2 now, thief and warrior then I'll have one of each at 80.  Will be nice to have a "soft" trinity aspect to the game and make dungeon running, hopefully more solid and less chaotic as it currently is.
  • StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    Originally posted by elocke
    This is why I've been leveling one of each class to 80 in the past few months.  Been having a blast doing it too.  I'm down to 2 now, thief and warrior then I'll have one of each at 80.  Will be nice to have a "soft" trinity aspect to the game and make dungeon running, hopefully more solid and less chaotic as it currently is.

My thief is the only I'm having a hard time leveling, stuck at 40.

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Any idea if they're going to do a bundle or sale?  Been meaning to check this out when I get the chance but with me playing catchup in ffxiv and the expansion about to drop I can wait a while for a good sale.
  • mystik13mystik13 Member UncommonPosts: 145
    Over past few months I think there have been a couple of %75 discount sales of gw2.  You missed the last one earlier this month.  Might be a while until the next one.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I enjoyed the game so much I leveled up each profession a while ago.  Now waiting for a new one to level.  Thief is not an easy profession to play but once you get a good build and learn what he can do it's fun.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    Originally posted by StoneRoses

I can level them without actually playing them.  Do the PVP dailies and get Tomes of Knowledge.  Easy to level any class that way if certain classes aren't currently fun to level up the old fashioned way.  I'm hoping that at 80 with the news specializations, the classes I don't enjoy i.e. ranger and warrior take on a new persona and become something worthwhile.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    I really loved GW2, but after 9 max level characters I really had seen each rock and stone. Twice. I simply came to a content end, and ANet didn't deliver new content for real, maybe for too long. HoT still seems to be pretty far away, and I have some doubts about the amount of new content. We'll see.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• meonthissitemeonthissite Member UncommonPosts: 917

Still waiting for them to announce anything anything at all about Engineers, the most nerfed class in the game, cmon now let's hop to it! How will you be fixing this class since you've done it a huge disservice in all things in this game from legendaries to kits to backpacks how are you going to fix it please!

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000

I can level them without actually playing them.  Do the PVP dailies and get Tomes of Knowledge.  Easy to level any class that way if certain classes aren't currently fun to level up the old fashioned way.  I'm hoping that at 80 with the news specializations, the classes I don't enjoy i.e. ranger and warrior take on a new persona and become something worthwhile.

Just remembered those.  An experience scroll grants you level 20.  Knowledge tombs can take up 20 to 30 or more levels depending on how many you've saved in your inventory.  

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

Something with the Rogues Mechanics is not sitting well for me. I know I need pull my head out of my ass, it's the only class that I can't seem to enjoy. I may not be inclined to finish up leveling based off the Specialization they get.

I really enjoy my Melee Ranger and Hammer Banner Warrior! But we have more than one class options to choose from.

Originally posted by meonthissite

Still waiting for them to announce anything anything at all about Engineers, the most nerfed class in the game, cmon now let's hop to it! How will you be fixing this class since you've done it a huge disservice in all things in this game from legendaries to kits to backpacks how are you going to fix it please!

I'm with you! I love my Engineer even with the nerfs!