Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just Resubbed To Wildstar and.... LOL.

Comments

• dustyfellowdustyfellow Member UncommonPosts: 54
    i can offically say that after maxing in wildstar and getting my attunments done and everything. this was the most fun i've ever had in an mmo raid system.
  • ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178
    Originally posted by Amjoco
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

I blame it more on the players than the developers. I'm sure they did the research and every hardcore player from the past said "hell ya, bring it on"!  Short and simple, they made the game to hard for the new generation of players and everyone quit. Now they have nerfed everything and no one wants to give it another go. 

How can you blame players for the failure of a game? No player is obligated to play a game they don't like .. or give any game a chance.

I think you just skimmed my comment. It's ok though.

His point is still true. You can not blame players. So some players wanted them to "bring it on". There is nothing wrong with people wanting hardcore game. Nor is there anything wrong with "the new generation of player",with is a wierd generalisation anyway, not wanting to have hardore gameplay. Every player has there own wishes. It's up to the company however to produce a game for a certain core player and stick with it. Just really like any product that is released. I was always though that a user never really knows what he want (because what a user thinks off might sound good on paper, but might be bad in pratice) 

If we follow your logic then every failere and success could be blamed on the players for having different wishes

• KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 687

Originally posted by FuryV
    Thought I'd try the game out again.  This was at 6.45pm today.  I logged in and was stood in the main Dominion city, right outside the auction house.  Saw absolutely nobody.  I said in map chat "Anybody around?"... Not a single reply for 10 minutes.  Tried again, same thing.  30 mins later I got a private message saying "You think that's bad? Check the auction house out" so I did. There wasn't a SINGLE listing on the auction house.  It's not only a ghost game, but their economy has gone to sh*t too... Infact it looks like there isn't any economy at all.  I was amazed to find absolutely NOTHING on the auction house.  I then tried to buy CREDD (gives you subscription for in game gold) and there was no CREDD available whatsoever. How can they expect to keep charging a sub for this when their main cities are ghost towns at peak times of the day and their auction house doesn't have a single item on it?  Literally nothing.

THis is a 100% troll post. I am on Dom Side of the PvP server and can say 100% hes full of it.
    The AH has just as many items as the Exile side. The only thing i see different is that Dom side is a little harder for find a pick up group. Exile side its easy.
    Nice try on the post though.

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station 
  • ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Originally posted by Chrisbox

Makes me happy everytime I read one of these, i won't lie. Even though there's still slight population on the PVE server, its dead and soon to be f2p/b2p.  I've never wanted an MMORPG to fail harder.  Actually, I've never wanted any MMORPGs to fail prior to this one.  

"Our MMO is the best" "We're bringing hardcore back". These things were said on stream before their game even launched.

Nobody who says these things before their game launches deserves to be a game developer. On-top of that, nobody that thinks 40 man raiding could survive in today's world deserves to be a developer.  

I blame it more on the players than the developers. I'm sure they did the research and every hardcore player from the past said "hell ya, bring it on"!  Short and simple, they made the game to hard for the new generation of players and everyone quit. Now they have nerfed everything and no one wants to give it another go. 

There's a ton people in this generation that love challenging games, that wasn't the issue with wildstar.  

It was very, very, hard and basically impossible to get 40 people together on the same schedule content back when 40 man raiding was introduced, a lot of roster positions were just filled in on the spot. The amount of raiders from that point hasn't spiked up in any way/shape/form, a good chunk of those people are grown up and not playing as much if at all. I feel for the previous 10 man guilds that are on WoW and maintaining 20 man rosters now because of mythic, just maintaining a 10 man roster throughout cata/mop was a struggle for most heroic guilds.  

On top of this, mmorpgs popularity is on the decline in favor of a less time consuming skill check- MOBAs. This boils down to companies NEEDING to appeal to every type of player.  I'm someone who likes to raid at a high level, I do this because I have the time to.  Someone like me can't exist without people who don't raid at a high level, there simply aren't enough of me.  The very serious raiding community has always been a very small percentage of WoW and any games playerbase. We, the "hardcore" need to cope with reality and see that even if wildstar didn't have a ton of other problems, we can't fund an AAA MMORPG by ourselves.   

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Makes me happy everytime I read one of these, i won't lie. Even though there's still slight population on the PVE server, its dead and soon to be f2p/b2p.  I've never wanted an MMORPG to fail harder.  Actually, I've never wanted any MMORPGs to fail prior to this one.  

"Our MMO is the best" "We're bringing hardcore back". These things were said on stream before their game even launched.

Nobody who says these things before their game launches deserves to be a game developer. On-top of that, nobody that thinks 40 man raiding could survive in today's world deserves to be a developer.  

There's a ton people in this generation that love challenging games, that wasn't the issue with wildstar.  

It was very, very, hard and basically impossible to get 40 people together on the same schedule content back when 40 man raiding was introduced, a lot of roster positions were just filled in on the spot. The amount of raiders from that point hasn't spiked up in any way/shape/form, a good chunk of those people are grown up and not playing as much if at all. I feel for the previous 10 man guilds that are on WoW and maintaining 20 man rosters now because of mythic, just maintaining a 10 man roster throughout cata/mop was a struggle for most heroic guilds.  

On top of this, mmorpgs popularity is on the decline in favor of a less time consuming skill check- MOBAs. This boils down to companies NEEDING to appeal to every type of player.  I'm someone who likes to raid at a high level, I do this because I have the time to.  Someone like me can't exist without people who don't raid at a high level, there simply aren't enough of me.  The very serious raiding community has always been a very small percentage of WoW and any games playerbase. We, the "hardcore" need to cope with reality and see that even if wildstar didn't have a ton of other problems, we can't fund an AAA MMORPG by ourselves.   

I agree with pretty much everything you said.

If folks have a problem with my wording of new generation than I am wrong. I'm not sure what you would call individuals who didn't play a decade ago and do now. I don't know what to call players who slowly helped change the hard core aspect of gaming from a decade ago into a more tranquil one.

Anyway, my entire comment was based on the fact that the game was too hard and folks quit. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    Originally posted by xpowderx

Reminds me of Rift before it went with F2P.  Was a litteral ghost town for a while.  Only 2 out of 16 servers with a population.  Sad is I actually liked the classes and races for this game.

I am so glad I went back to Dark Age of Camelot..  Population is thriving there.  And it is a very old game!  Guess all NC soft has left is Lineage 2 and Aion!

I've actually got a brand new sealed version of DAOC that's been sitting in my games rack for over 10 years.  Was given to me over a decade ago by my uncle and I never bothered playing it because it looked old, lol, even back then.  I've heard so many good things about it though, I may have to finally rip off the wrapping and try it out.

EDIT: Actually having just watched a gameplay video on Youtube, the graphics are nowhere near as bad as I thought they were.  You say the population is thriving?  May check it out actually.

Dude, sell your unopened DAOC box on Ebay and some nutter will buy it for a stupid amount of money. Just download the game and play it.

Personally, I'm having fun in WildStar as long as it lasts. It's a pve game, basically. If you want a pvp game you should look elsewhere, regardless of the population of WildStar.

Most of the pop is Exile on the NA pve server. Though I heard there are enough Dominion to do the pve stuff there as well.

They should just close the pvp server out and have one server each for NA and EU. I'm sure they will have to change the business model in the near future, though I don't know if that will save the game or keep it from going onto life support only. I don't see any reason to hate on this game, though, unless they come out with a cheesy, in-your-face cash shop.

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    Originally posted by xpowderx

Reminds me of Rift before it went with F2P.  Was a litteral ghost town for a while.  Only 2 out of 16 servers with a population.  Sad is I actually liked the classes and races for this game.

I am so glad I went back to Dark Age of Camelot..  Population is thriving there.  And it is a very old game!  Guess all NC soft has left is Lineage 2 and Aion!

I've actually got a brand new sealed version of DAOC that's been sitting in my games rack for over 10 years.  Was given to me over a decade ago by my uncle and I never bothered playing it because it looked old, lol, even back then.  I've heard so many good things about it though, I may have to finally rip off the wrapping and try it out.

EDIT: Actually having just watched a gameplay video on Youtube, the graphics are nowhere near as bad as I thought they were.  You say the population is thriving?  May check it out actually.

Dont open it! Sell it wrapped like that on ebay, i can say it will fetch quite a lot of money!

PS: DOH, was reading the first page when I saw this post, then I post this and the post just above mine is saying the same thing! :D

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    I think the AH is shared by both sides now.
    Chamber of Chains
  • FuryVFuryV Member UncommonPosts: 515
    Originally posted by Krimzin

Thought I'd try the game out again.  This was at 6.45pm today.  I logged in and was stood in the main Dominion city, right outside the auction house.  Saw absolutely nobody.  I said in map chat "Anybody around?"... Not a single reply for 10 minutes.  Tried again, same thing.  30 mins later I got a private message saying "You think that's bad? Check the auction house out" so I did.

There wasn't a SINGLE listing on the auction house.  It's not only a ghost game, but their economy has gone to sh*t too... Infact it looks like there isn't any economy at all.  I was amazed to find absolutely NOTHING on the auction house.  I then tried to buy CREDD (gives you subscription for in game gold) and there was no CREDD available whatsoever.

How can they expect to keep charging a sub for this when their main cities are ghost towns at peak times of the day and their auction house doesn't have a single item on it?  Literally nothing.

THis is a 100% troll post. I am on Dom Side of the PvP server and can say 100% hes full of it.
    The AH has just as many items as the Exile side. The only thing i see different is that Dom side is a little harder for find a pick up group. Exile side its easy.
    Nice try on the post though.

LOL, I don't troll dude, I'm not a retard.  If I was gonna troll I'd do something better than badmouthing WS.  Everybody already knows how bad it is.  It's not like I'm providing some fresh info.  I checked the auction house and there was literally NOTHING.  I was in the Dominion main city stood right outside the auction house and there wasn't a single person in sight.  I asked if anybody was around in chat, and didn't get a single reply for 30 mins until somebody told me to check the AH if I wanted a laugh.  I did, saw what was there, and uninstalled.  Don't pretend your precious game is thriving.  It's not.

I searched for armor... "Nothing found".  Searched for weapons... "Nothing found".  Searched for materials... "Nothing Found".  So either the AH was down, which I can't understand why it would be, my game was bugged, or it's as I said... Game is dead.

Oh and thanks a lot guys, for the suggestion to sell DAOC on eBay.  Didn't realise it'd sell for so much.  I'll just d/l it instead.

• Mange1Mange1 Member UncommonPosts: 266
    Originally posted by Mange1

I'll give it too you straight, as much as I enjoyed the game and wanted it to be a hit, it's pretty much dead.  If you are looking to PVE the server population won't be to much of a hindrance, as out of the two NA mega servers the PVE is by far most populated.  Last I played all of the PVP guilds had migrated to PVE just to survive.

You'll get optimists coming in telling you how solid the population in and so forth, but it's really not that good to the point I'm surprised they can still pop out new content every 2 months instead of the every month they originall planned for the first year or so after launch.

You will rarely run into other players as you level, it's NOWHERE near launch population for even a single server at launch, but the game is still fun and with all of the updates that have happened since about 6 months ago you'll have al ot of content to tackle if PVE is your thing.  Keep in mind the gear you get will still be inferior to dungeon and raid gear when you do the content but it was something to do before I quit.

Long story short, the game is healthy content wise and recovering on life support player wise.

From 3 weeks ago because I saw players lying and leading the OP on about the state of the game, I enjoyed the game for the months I played it but unlike a lot of the active players I live in reality and don't base a populations health on how often my guild logs in too raid.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

I agree with pretty much everything you said.

If folks have a problem with my wording of new generation than I am wrong. I'm not sure what you would call individuals who didn't play a decade ago and do now. I don't know what to call players who slowly helped change the hard core aspect of gaming from a decade ago into a more tranquil one.

Anyway, my entire comment was based on the fact that the game was too hard and folks quit. 

What do you mean by "the fact that", that's not a fact, Did people for the most part even stick around to see the hard content?  The leveling game/story/lore/aesthetics/ etc.. Were enough to turn most I knew including myself away. It just wasn't interesting.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• CiixCiix Member Posts: 13
    Originally posted by observer
    It's amazing they would build a game around a nostalgic niche of players, and expect to generate enough revenue to sustain itself.  

I don't know why they would think that WildStar would be the type of game nostalgic players would want. It's not like old school games at all.

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    Originally posted by Ciix
    I don't know why they would think that WildStar would be the type of game nostalgic players would want. It's not like old school games at all.

Oh yes yes, the whole "it's not old enough" comment that's been dragged around into every new MMORPG.

http://i.imgur.com/P7eOhEL.jpg?1

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • XxeroxXxerox Member UncommonPosts: 126
    The end of  Wildstar as we know it is near ... F2P will come soon or later.  It was predicted and it will happen soon or later.  First was Australia... then.... now....  oh poor poor wildstar...
  • CiixCiix Member Posts: 13
    Originally posted by StoneRoses
    Originally posted by Ciix

Oh yes yes, the whole "it's not old enough" comment that's been dragged around into every new MMORPG.

http://i.imgur.com/P7eOhEL.jpg?1

I guess my post didn't really make sense, I left out the Quote from another post that I meant to respond to.. fixed it.

It was this one:

Originally posted by observer
    It's amazing they would build a game around a nostalgic niche of players, and expect to generate enough revenue to sustain itself.  

• KaladinKaladin Member Posts: 468

It has been ridiculously well documented that the PvP server does not have near as many people as the PvE server.  It would seem to me that the OP rolled on a server that is known to be dead, with the intent of telling us how dead it is.  We know, everybody knows, this was not a revelation.  PvE servers however are healthy, and no, i'm not just looking at my guild's roster during raid time, that's asinine.

The biggest reason the PvP servers failed to me, as a former Warhound Dominion player, was that there was no reason to do OWPvP.  You got next to no reward for engaging in it, other than a moral victory in a daily zone I suppose, or a territorial one during combat, the benefits of which end when the combat does.  And when the raiding guilds left, the AH died, and thus, down went rest of the server's population.

I can fly higher than an aeroplane.
    And I have the voice of a thousand hurricanes.
    Hurt - Wars

• mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768
    This is what happens to a game when is developed by someone who thinks of himself as a hardcore player, he developed a game for hardcores and  they abandoned ship very early in the game. But heck who knew ah? (sarcasm intended)

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640

Kind of interesting I went back to wildstar 2 days ago and found the pvp server to be dead, but the pve server was very much alive and active.

Oh and they do offer free server transfer.

• BitripBitrip Member UncommonPosts: 279

I think WildStar might've been a bit better if they utilized a combat system more similar to hard tab-targeting. It would've fell in line better with their ideals as to being a hardcore MMORPG. To me (even though raids and dungeons are nothing short of hardcore) the combat comes off as console rather than PC...and I'm pretty sure most people with a gaming rig can easily afford a gaming console - so why would we want that kind of combat system in our hardcore MMORPG?

Just my own thoughts. I've been really trying to sort out how I feel about WildStar lately. It's a good game...I'm just not sure it's for me. I have my sights set on Tree of Savior and Cabal 2.

Now, which one of you will adorn me today?

• KaladinKaladin Member Posts: 468
    Originally posted by mayito7777
    This is what happens to a game when is developed by someone who thinks of himself as a hardcore player, he developed a game for hardcores and  they abandoned ship very early in the game. But heck who knew ah? (sarcasm intended)

The only thing I would call hardcore was the attunement to the first raid.  Everything else seems relatively casual friendly.  The raids are hard, and you can't drool your way through dungeons, but that doesn't make it unfriendly for casuals.  2 raid days a week for my guild, and we're progressing rather well.  We play fewer times per week than what I would consider hardcore, but that's how games with raiding work, you HAVE to have a schedule.

Casual players do not necessarily want easy content, if that's what you're getting at.  I guess difficult raids are a bit of a niche thing these days.

The game was merely PERCEIVED as hardcore in all things.  That is not the case.

I can fly higher than an aeroplane.
    And I have the voice of a thousand hurricanes.
    Hurt - Wars

• strangepowersstrangepowers Member UncommonPosts: 630

Thought I'd try the game out again.  This was at 6.45pm today.  I logged in and was stood in the main Dominion city, right outside the auction house.  Saw absolutely nobody.  I said in map chat "Anybody around?"... Not a single reply for 10 minutes.  Tried again, same thing.  30 mins later I got a private message saying "You think that's bad? Check the auction house out" so I did.

There wasn't a SINGLE listing on the auction house.  It's not only a ghost game, but their economy has gone to sh*t too... Infact it looks like there isn't any economy at all.  I was amazed to find absolutely NOTHING on the auction house.  I then tried to buy CREDD (gives you subscription for in game gold) and there was no CREDD available whatsoever.

How can they expect to keep charging a sub for this when their main cities are ghost towns at peak times of the day and their auction house doesn't have a single item on it?  Literally nothing.

Oh hi! I experienced the same thing and got white-knighted when I posted a screen shot 'cause apparently 48 hour old image is no longer valid... sucks, I just want to play the game.

• muthaxmuthax Member UncommonPosts: 703

ROFL

I don't understand why it is so important to some people but hey anyone has his own hobbies  I suppose, for weird and twisted they might be.....

yeah WS has shitty population, you don't need to take a screenshot of the least popular faction on the 'wrong' server and then go on for pages to prove it...

The only thing it proves is that you have some serious issue

• muthaxmuthax Member UncommonPosts: 703
    Originally posted by Robokapp
    Originally posted by muthax

The only thing it proves is that you have some serious issue

such deep analysis over over a simple forum post. 

what about your issues?

Oh look, another one! 

I don't spend pages and pages on forums to 'prove' that a game is 'dead' or any other sociopathic activity

And what about you? No, no, lemme guess, it's much funnier!

• NarwrynnNarwrynn Member UncommonPosts: 83
    Originally posted by muthax

wow, you guys even made ws reddit!

http://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/comments/35199d/tinfoil_hat_of_the_day_are_people_trying_to_drive/

That is bullshit, you know his screen shoot on the thread in the Wildstar forums is not fake. Warhound is really that dead. 

I want more player in game as much as anyone but I won't lie about the state of the game to do so. Warhound on Dominion side is completely empty with there often being 10 items or less on the auction house, no response in the advice channel.

By the way if you are a returning and want to check this in some way yourself go to the Warhound official Wildstar forum here: 

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/forum/293-warhound-pvp/

There are 33 topics TOTAL at the time of writing this. Most of which are about how empty Warhound is. 

So if you are a new or returning player and don't mind playing on a PvE sever, preferably  Exile, then everything is well and there is enough population on that side. Possibly Dominion as well but I don't have any Dominion character to check but i do see them out and about often. 

However, I'd still say Wildstar is a great game and worth resubbing too, or trying out if you are new. You can message me to talk if you end up on Warhound and get lonely, which you likely will. 

Narwrynn Nightstorm - Draken - Warhound 

Valhinara Talongale - Human - Entity