Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWTOR is so Star Wars and that's a great thing

VoltureXVoltureX Member UncommonPosts: 13

I have to tell that I'm having a blast in this MMO ;)

The GFX is good

The controls are great

There is no lag on my server (Playing EU here)

The game feels crowded

So much to do

Every Star Wars fan should try this game and even without being a fan you might still like the atmosphere.

I can't find any negative things to say about the game. I'm strucked :)

Have fun and may the force be with you !

Comments

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Not sure if I understand how that list relates to Star Wars.
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

I'm glad to hear you're having fun! And yep, the Star Wars feel is definitely there in the storylines and world!

As for the negatives... just give it a few minutes for the SWG vets to spot this thread and take a dump all over it because it's not a copy of their game.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    Originally posted by NorseGod
    Not sure if I understand how that list relates to Star Wars.

lol, that's what i was thinking too.  That list can be used for games in general.

• NoxeronNoxeron Member UncommonPosts: 64

I pre-ordered the game and had some fun in the beta, at release I remember having problems with the game.

I returned when it went free-to-play and it was fun, even though a lot of options was locked behind the pay-wall.

And then I noticed I could only do a couple pvp instances a week because of the pay-wall and that totally destroyed it for me.

It's the worst kind of f2p that I know of. I literally have to pay more than I did when I pre-ordered to play a game I have already bought.

Though that is just my opinion.

If I felt like paying for it I think it might be a great game, but I don't, so it's not.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

Though I haven't played it in quite some time and stopped at level 48 lol, the reason I left is because it felt way to linear. Yes other MMOs all have main storylines, but SWTOR felt particularly like you were walking down a narrow corridor with really no reason to explore because you were pulled on a leash in a singular direction despite the size of the zones. Also, the world just felt lifeless, not enough randomness, way too much empty space, NPCs were brainlessly stationary...just missing soul...no reason to go to the cantinas which never made sense to me with everyone parked on a space station (bad design).

On that note, the story was fantastic, I always felt it was a very polished game, graphics were not bad at all, it had a lot of good points. I've been tempted to come back and finish the story, but it just felt so lifeless...I don't know...not a knock against the game, just how I felt.

There Is Always Hope!

• makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    Originally posted by Noxeron

I pre-ordered the game and had some fun in the beta, at release I remember having problems with the game.

I returned when it went free-to-play and it was fun, even though a lot of options was locked behind the pay-wall.

And then I noticed I could only do a couple pvp instances a week because of the pay-wall and that totally destroyed it for me.

It's the worst kind of f2p that I know of. I literally have to pay more than I did when I pre-ordered to play a game I have already bought.

If I felt like paying for it I think it might be a great game, but I don't, so it's not.

No you dont quit lying. You get the same thing you did if you pay the monthly payment. If yyou give them the sub you had to before it went f2p, you get unlimited pvp runs ect. 

• makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    Originally posted by VoltureX

I have to tell that I'm having a blast in this MMO ;)

The GFX is good

The controls are great

There is no lag on my server (Playing EU here)

The game feels crowded

So much to do

Every Star Wars fan should try this game and even without being a fan you might still like the atmosphere.

I can't find any negative things to say about the game. I'm strucked :)

Have fun and may the force be with you !

Dont get hooked to the gambling boxes, and you will be fine. 

• CoatedCoated Member UncommonPosts: 507
    Not sure what you are going on about. Nothing about this game made me feel like I was in a Star Wars game besides the Skins.
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    I really enjoy SWTOR.  I am not currently playing, but I go back to SWTOR a couple times a year.  It's easily one of the most fun themepark mmos out there.  I also enjoy the stories while leveling.  I love playing the empire.  Especially a sith. 
  • VoltureXVoltureX Member UncommonPosts: 13

The storyline is very well written and so are the blockbuster movies. I like how you interact with the story in instances aswell.

I'm very happy I found this game when I was lost in the MMO world. I have tried them all and think they are all about the same. SWTOR has something different when you level in which I really like.

SWTOR is so Star Wars because of the atmosphere and storyline for each class.

• NoxeronNoxeron Member UncommonPosts: 64

I mean that I bought the game with money. And now everyone gets what I payed for, for free. So the money I spent was a total waste in my eyes. If I hadn't bought the game it would have made no difference at this point. I haven't gained anything.

Am I being misunderstood?

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

It is a fun game, i've been playing it for well over a year now, and the storylines are definitely what the game is about, its well worth a subscription too, but as for Star Wars, i wouldn't really say that it feels like Star Wars, its really a decent SciFi Themepark with a few fantasy elements thrown in for good measure, a fun experience, certainly, but not one i would say is a 'Starwarsy' experience, though obviously it is loosely based on the Star Wars IP.

That is not a bad thing imo, as they have been able to create story arcs etc, that are not really within the confines of the Star Wars IP. If Bioware had been forced to remain wholly within the Star Wars IP, i think it would have ended up being a very different type of game image

• tharkthark Member UncommonPosts: 1,188

How can the game be good , yet you do NOT wan't to pay a measly 15 $ a month.??

A player like you is HARDLY wanted anyway, so do not worrie about it :)

• nolfnolf Member UncommonPosts: 869

Feeling like Star Wars is definitely dependent on how you define the Star Wars feeling, I sometimes find it very un-Star Wars like during certain story segments.

That being said, I have enjoyed my 2nd tour in SWTOR a lot.  I think it might be giving CoX as my favorite theme park MMO experience.  My first stint was wrought with disappointment in how PvP features were implemented, as my guild joined with that in mind and after over a decade of playing together, SWTOR was the game that tore us apart.

My 2nd stint, however, I am really enjoying the game for what it is (acceptance is amazing).  I prefer a less linear experience, but if I'm going to have one, I want it bioware style.  I have come to really enjoy the FPs, and I've even grown addicted to constant WZing.  After capping two characters, I find the traditional leveling process absolutely mind-numbing.  But I find that playing FPs and WZs to keep my level where my class story is is an extremely enjoyable way to play the game.

As far as the community, there are asshats as in any game, but I've found a really fun group of people to play with.  The majority of pugs I end up in are very enjoyable.

It's definitely not a game for everyone, but it's a game for me without a doubt.

I really hope that *insert game name here* will be the first game to ever live up to all of its pre-release promises, maintain a manageable hype level and have a clean release. Just don't expect me to hold my breath.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by thark

How can the game be good , yet you do NOT wan't to pay a measly 15 $ a month.??

Guess you came up with a perfect verdict of that game.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• SmintarSmintar Member UncommonPosts: 214

I was there when it launched and majority of us were so disappointed. I stopped playing for about 1 year or so then tried again and I was still disappointed . I done this last year as well but I got soo frustrated with CS I quit. After about another year I went back someone really change CS alot they r much much better. The game runs alot smoother. I really enjoy the beauty of this game What they have done with the last expansion is really the way it should have been when launched. However the game remains linear. Its my hope they will begin to open the world up so that you can explore and really see the beauty that is there.

I placed a code for folks who wanted to use it, its a nice speeder and I would encourage others now to come back.

Good Luck

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    I keep the game updated! I really like it, but their F2P is a real turn off.
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!

I mean that I bought the game with money. And now everyone gets what I payed for, for free. So the money I spent was a total waste in my eyes. If I hadn't bought the game it would have made no difference at this point. I haven't gained anything.

If you sub, as I always do because I refuse to play with the restrictions.  You get literally the same game you did when it was P2P.  You still pay a sub like before.  The people who don't pay the sub, do not get the same experience as those that do.

Originally posted by StoneRoses

Easily solved by subbing.

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064

Would come back if they brought back the 12x xp so I could just play the storylines. It is the terrible questing you must grind out in between story quests that made me quit. When they had the 12x Xp right before the expansion it was awesome.

I would gladly SUB for this 12x XP just to play he stories, there were tons of threads with so many people saying the same thing, EA Bioware is full of idiots for not doing this. Sell 12x xp pots or something.

Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029

i payed ans subbed when it came out,and it was ok but felt grindy after level 25 and what was crap was that you had to know people to group with for daily missions where you got your best loot.

i felt done in by the money i spent.

star wars battle front will be better i hope,STOR just a bad memory.

Originally posted by MrMelGibson
    Originally posted by StoneRoses

Easily solved by subbing.

I subbed before it went F2p.

I don't sub because games like Aion have a far better F2p model that doesn't lock you out or restrict you! Same reason why I do not like Champion Online F2P model.

Originally posted by MrMelGibson

If you sub, as I always do because I refuse to play with the restrictions.  You get literally the same game you did when it was P2P.  You still pay a sub like before.  The people who don't pay the sub, do not get the same experience as those that do.

You don't get exactly the same game than what you had when it was P2P...why I stopped subbing.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

I love Bioware storytelling in RPGs and Swtor is no different, but EA is running the servers so i will not come back to Swtor. I dont play online games run by EA anymore. Single player only (if they are good).

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Originally posted by Viper482

Would come back if they brought back the 12x xp so I could just play the storylines. It is the terrible questing you must grind out in between story quests that made me quit. When they had the 12x Xp right before the expansion it was awesome.

I would gladly SUB for this 12x XP just to play he stories, there were tons of threads with so many people saying the same thing, EA Bioware is full of idiots for not doing this. Sell 12x xp pots or something.

Just read they are finally bringing this back May 4th. About time.

Make MMORPG's Great Again!