Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I think I finally know why I left

KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030

So I was thinking about why I had recently stopped playing wildstar (I had a level 30something, maybe 40 esper) and it finally hit me. 

It wasn't the generic questing, because that's in every game, they even got me engaged more than most did, with some whacky ideas that were fun non-combat type quests. 

It wasn't the difficulty of the content or the fact that that drove people to rage in dungeons (I found that hilarious). 

It wasn't the relatively low population (I would queue as healer or dps and it was funny that I would pop as one just as much as the other, a sign ((along with queue times)) of population). 

I think it was the combat outside of dungeons.  While out and about doing quests the fact that every attack was manually inputted and had to be aimed, etc annoyed me.  NOT because I had to do something different than in other games, because at first that was what I loved about it.  The thing is, when you have to do those umpteen generic quests AND the combat is laborious (although different and fun) it only exacerbates that you're doing these very "meh" quests.

Now all that being said, I was ALWAYS in the queue for dungeons because of how wonderfully (imo) the combat shined in group play scenarios.  That was the most fun I've had in a dungeon in an mmo period.

I suppose I could have just leveled via dungeons/adventures/etc but for some reason I just dipped.

Comments

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Kajidourden

I suppose I could have just leveled via dungeons/adventures/etc but for some reason I just dipped.

You probably should have if the quests bored you that much. image

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• CoatedCoated Member UncommonPosts: 507
    The real question shouldn't be why you left, but why you played the game in the first place.